“Golf Buddies Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
San Anselmo, CA
“Golf Buddies Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Fun place. True hole in the wall restuarant that has not been updated for 20 years (furniture, TVs, decor, etc), but it is part of the appeal. The food though was simple and delicious at a fair price. I would definitely go back.

Visited May 2013

80% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Cute, but just okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

It was a cute and fun little place. I have had better steak, but the atmosphere was fun. I recommend for a family with kids. The prices was right and the food was good. Great margaritas.

Visited March 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Dilapidated venue, meager menu, amateur wait staff, with surprisingly high prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My daughter, a student at UofA, wanted to try this restaurant, so my husband and I gamely agreed (although after looking at a few of the reviews and the restaurant's website, I surely was apprehensive). The menu consists predominantly of beef: filet, ribs, ribeye, plus a chicken dish and the "catch of the day." Sides are limited to what is served with the entrees: baked potatoes, limp iceberg lettuce salads, and a wooden salad dish with viscous gray baked beans served family style (my family all likes baked beans, but none of us could muster the courage to even sample these).

The only reason I'm giving this place two stars is that my husband and daughter liked their ribeye and filet, respectively. I give it a big thumbs down and wouldn't be surprised to see the restaurant listed in the Board of Health violations column in a forthcoming edition of the Arizona Star.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Iowa
“Great ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our experience here was good. We basically tripped over this restaurant. We weren't looking for a place to eat yet, but ran across a sign pointing in the direction and decided to give it a shot. There are no reservations, except for Valentine's Day.

We both had the ribs, and we loved them. We would've gone back if time had allowed it. Had we gone back I would've had more ribs. We arrived before dinner rush kicked in, so we got right in to a seat. It looks like when the weather is nice they have additional outdoor seating, but being there in February nothing was setup outside, so I wouldn't swear to outdoor seating, they sure have outdoor space for it though.

The interior decor, well, you just gotta see it for yourself. Um, rustic, fairly unique. Not bad, certainly not romantic, kinda western steakhouse, but, well, different.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Savannakhet, Laos
“Worth the drive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The ribs are fantastic, I've been there twice and will gladly go again next time I am in Tucson. We rocked up on Valentine's day without a booking, and while we had to wait 15 minutes for a table, the staff were very welcoming and efficient despite being packed. Good drink selection and whilst there were no pork ribs on the menu this time, the beef I had was great. My wife had a huge steak which was cooked perfectly to order and was very tender (no sauce though). Highly recommended, especially for groups.

Visited February 2013

Been to Daisy Mae's Steak House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Daisy Mae's Steak House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.