“Worth the drive!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Savannakhet, Laos
“Worth the drive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The ribs are fantastic, I've been there twice and will gladly go again next time I am in Tucson. We rocked up on Valentine's day without a booking, and while we had to wait 15 minutes for a table, the staff were very welcoming and efficient despite being packed. Good drink selection and whilst there were no pork ribs on the menu this time, the beef I had was great. My wife had a huge steak which was cooked perfectly to order and was very tender (no sauce though). Highly recommended, especially for groups.

Visited February 2013

79% Recommend
Powell, Ohio
“Good Steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Daisy Mae's is a decent steakhouse, just a few miles from downtown Tucson, very convenient location and good parking. They have been around for quite a while, and the inside furnishing reflect some of that age. But, we come here for the food, and have never been disappointed. Our group had a variety of entrees, the chicken was moist and tender, the ribs were very flavorful, if not just a little overcooked. The streaks were good, but two needed just a little more time on the grill, which our waitress was more than happy to have done and they were fine second time around just a few minutes later. You get beans, potatoes and texas toast with the meals, pretty good on all counts but the beans are great.

I would recommend you give this establishment a try, it's my second favorite steakhouse in Tucson.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Interesting hole-in-the -wall steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The decor can only be described as bizarre, with signed $1 bills covering almost every square inch of the walls.
I had a rib-eye which was very good, but not outstanding. It was cooked medium, but I ordered medium rare.
My wife got the filet which was medium rare and excellent. (She ordered it medium)
Beans were mediocre and the bread was Texas Toast, nothing special.
Incredible selection of beers, if that's your drink of choice.
While its not pricy for a good steakhouse, this place lacked the ambiance of a fine steakhouse.
Worth trying, but not worthy of five stars.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is my go-to date spot for when a gentleman asks me on a date but doesn't have any idea where to go! I say, "ever heard of Daisy Mae's? No? Well let's go!" It's perfect for a date because it is great food, with a nice casual ambience to stimulate conversation.

On a serious note this place has some SERIOUS good food!! The steaks (especially the ribeye) are melt in your mouth good! The big slices of Texas Toast soak up the leftover juices from the steak beautifully. The side dishes are all top notch and the service is wonderful. I've been there when we were the only two in the place and I've been there when they are absolutely slammed, there was absolutely NO difference in service or the amount of time it took us to receive our salads and entrees, take note other Tucson restaurants, this is EXACTLY how a successful restaurant is run.

The ONLY downside was the ribeye steaks are incredibly fatty, but any person with a quasi-knowledge of steak cuts, knows this is typical for a ribeye steak. And the fattiness and AMAZING texture and flavor of the steak insinuates that the marbling on the meat must be fantastic! I'd love to see their steaks before they go on the grill!!

Whenever I drive out there I wonder how a place SO tucked away from central/downtown Tucson could stay open so long but now I understand why!!

So to sum up my review, amazing steaks, great atmosphere, wonderful staff, and a wonderful place to take a date!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best Rib Eyes I Have Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I love this place. Bar none, the best ribeyes in the world. And the ranchero beans are fantastic. I would have to say they are the best I have ever had and I have been living in Mexico the past seven years. This place is so well run. The wait staff are attentive without being overbearing. The drinks from the bar are excellent...even though I ask for my Old Fashion's be made according to my specifications. My steaks have been cooked perfectly, medium rare, which seems a challenge at so many other places. No here. They look young, the staff, but they have it down perfectly. The atmosphere is very nice, but I think the dollar bills stapled to all the walls is tacky. The rest of the place is very southwestern and cozy. Nevertheless, I go there for the ribeyes and beans. It could be located in a metal shed and I would still go if the steaks remained the same.

• Visited January 2013