“Good food...bad timing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Taipei, Taiwan
“Good food...bad timing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had good food... Sat at the sushi counter and had exceptional service from our sushi chef who was very attentive and talkative.

My issue was with the timing of service- we ordered a child's meal right away after sitting down (chicken) and then drinks for the adults and the adult's food (sushi rolls). Unfortunately, the food for the adults came and was eaten before the child's meal came, even though we tried to eat slowly and kept asking where his food was. This is a pretty big deal...having to deal with a child who is hungry and watching all the adults eat is not pleasant. Our sushi chef seemed to be the only one concerned about this and went to the back to ask several times where the child's food was.

When we got the bill they charged for the children's meal and out of principle I asked for it to be removed, which after manager approval, was done. I feel that the should have offered this on their own since the meal was awkward and the child had absolutely no food in front of him for over an hour. Yikes.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Victoria, Canada
“one of the best deals around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Just dropped in without reading any reviews ahead of time. The lunch buffet was an excellent deal. Lots of fish, Korean dishes and about 1/2 dozen kinds of sushi all for 9.95

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Best Sushi in Tucson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have been coming here for over 14 years and they have always served fresh fish, perfectly cooked rice and the wait staff refills drinks before they go empty. Each of the sushi chef's have their own style and creations which makes dining here an experience. The all-you-can-eat in addition to the amazing happy hour will keep me coming back here for years to come.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, TX
“Happy Hour Karaoke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you can, definitely check this place out on a Thursday night, when they have karaoke and happy hour prices. I spent about $10 on what would have been at least $17-$20 regular price, on a few different appetizers, nigiri sushi and beer.

The service was good, and the food itself was very good. The fish in my sushi tasted fresh, and the dumplings were nicely cooked. I've heard the BBQ is excellent, too, but we didn't have time to partake.

I would definitely recommend this place to both visitors, and locals!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Sushi Competition Fierce in Tucson”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is actually my third strikeout for sushi in the area - surprisingly, as with Takamatsu, all recent reviews had a solid vibe, spacious, clean, and pleasant, but all also had only mediocre sushi. My standards are high, yes, but I do not want all-you-can-eat sushi to taste like all-you-can-eat sushi ... in that sense that I want high quality fish, tasty and fresh ingredients, and excellent preparation and display. Maybe I'm just a sushi snob, and perhaps I have a three-tier system for sushi and have yet to uncover the precise pattern(s)/logistics for my reasoning, but it is there nonetheless: great sushi, mediocre sushi, and inedible sushi. Luckily, I have not encountered the inedible, but thus far the only great sushi I have found is a Kazoku a few blocks down the road - which, like Bushi, also had excellent miso soup. At Takamatsu, my best recommendation honestly is the karokke appetizer. In the area's sushi defense, I was not born/raised in Tucson and my palate is mostly defined by specific coastal and eastern regions of the US.

• Visited July 2013