“Bring a tie!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 1,684 restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We invite you to come in and get a taste of the Old West at Tucson's original cowboy steakhouse. Enjoy world famous mesquite grilled Cowboy steaks, ribs, chicken or fish in a relaxed and authentic western atmosphere. We offer an exceptional dining experience with uncompromised food, service, and the friendliest staff to be found anywhere. Be sure to stop by the Silver Dollar Saloon and enjoy your favorite beer or cocktail! Located in the heart of Trail Dust Town, your group will be entertained by all we have to offer. For quality service and value, Pinnacle Peak has been a family tradition in the Arizona Territory for over 50 years. Pinnacle Peak would be pleased to host your group. We can accommodate groups ranging in size from 20 to 100 persons. We can cater to many special needs as well as a set menu, selections from our regular menu, a full hosted bar or cash bar. Whatever your needs are, Pinnacle Peak can assist you! We hope to see you in the near future, but remember, NO TIES ALLOWED!!
Albuquerque, NM
“Bring a tie!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I love old western towns. Grew up in Knott's Berry Farm and let the imagination of Disneyland take me away so when I ventured upon this place, though later in the evening than I had hoped, it was a perfect ending to my first day in Tucson. We pulled into the parking lot and was greeted by a choo-choo train with adults and kids. I will admit a bit of memory excitement coming up from inside. We walked over the train tracks and passed the wooden gate to see an old stagecoach, old wooden building facades like that of Disney and Knott's. Walked a little further passed a restaurant catering place of the left, walked further and to the right was one of those places that will take your photo in clothes from the olden days. There was a salsa store too but I was hungry enough to head towards the door of the restaurant/saloon I came to see. It was definitely a saloon style like you see in the movies. I had wished I had my horse outside and my cowgirl boots on my feet. But I digress...Once we sat down at the table, I looked up and noticed long ties hanging from the ceiling and the walls. I think the saying was something like don't wear your tie in here...so I saw some guys handing over their ties to be nailed up on the columns. I think they're running out of space but it was fun to watch. One thing I complain about in restaurants is when you tell them that you have a special food plan, that you don't eat sugar, flour, etc. most the servers will place bread before you on the table then ask you what kind of desert you want when your meal is done. Not our server, who I think was a little older than the others (maybe that's why). She took great care and those steaks were to die for! I wanted to go back but I had to make a decision not to just eat all my meals at one restaurant. So if you remember, bring in your tie and order up some steak.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
Tucson, Arizona
“Authentic Western setting and great food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is just more than a restaurant... very authentic western setting and things to do. Be sure to arrive for the Gunslinger show www.wildweststuntshow.com There is a candy store, souvenir shops, general store, old west picture taking studio, and even a train ride & carousel for the kids.

Make note... this is NOT a fancy steakhouse. They are known for making a scene and cutting off people's neck ties and stapling the ties to the wall. (A fun thing to do if you have kids or guests, buy a cheap tie and have them wear it to the restaurant). :)

My filet was fantastic and the kid's bbq rib plate was plentiful. Salad is a bummer.. just iceberg lettuce and the sliced wonder bread dries out quickly but the beans are delicious!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TUCSON
“Always Over The Top”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is the best steak house in Tucson! ! ! ! The food is to go back, and back, and back for.It has a western mode and service is fitting. After dinner walk around the area it is a nice way to undo some of the GREAT food you just had.

Visited October 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Interesting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The restaurant was recommended to us for steaks. I had the petit fillet mignon and my husband had the barbecue chicken. It came with an iceburg lettuce salad which was not very good. The dressing was just your basic dressings. Our meats were very tasty. Baked potatoes were a la carte. Pinto beans that came with meal just okay. Atmosphere was interesting. Would not go back.

Visited February 2013
“I have never been so disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Was waiting for food for about an hour and was yelled at by a waitress! I tried to ask when our food would be out and she had yelled "SHUTUP,I'm on my break!" I wanted to report to management but no owner or supervisor was there. When out food came it was terrible! I am not very judgmental but this was rediculous. I think that little kids might enjoy the rides,but that's it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Pinnacle Peak? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pinnacle Peak, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.