“Perfect patio for those hot afternoons” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vivace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,700 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Campbell and River
Description: Rated number one for food in Tucson, by Zagat Survey, this Foothills restaurant has a Tuscan decor providing northern Italian fare, thoughtfully prepared with reasonable prices and wine list. Choose from a selection of appetizers, salads, pasta and main plates such as crab filled breaded chicken breast or grilled fresh salmon and rock shrimp. Relaxed inside and patio dining.
Toronto
“Perfect patio for those hot afternoons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Another great return visit to Vivace's. Even on hot days the shaded patio and constant breezes draw us outside. You already know the outcome of every dish you order because it'll be fantastic. This time I was drawn to the spinach which was just an accompaniment to an appetizer. Never had it so good...almost crispy, hint of nutmeg...woww and I'm nawt a veggie person. Pasta main was too huge and too good ! Desert...try the spumoni... It's like nowhere else.
Coming back soon.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Marina del Rey, California
“Old School”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have heard about Vivace for years and just never got there...... well no great loss. This place is laid out like a school cafeteria. Our server looked like she had yesterdays uniform on and had not done her hair and to be honest just looked very sloppy. She would virtually throw the plates on the table. I ordered the special and it was supposed to be a fish, from the Mediterranean topped with crab......tiny portion......crab????? could hardly see it. Overall this restaurant is relying on old people and old times, so I guess there is a place for it. I am just not ready for flavorless uninteresting food. For me I wont be back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City, OK
“Awesome dinner and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had a fantastic dinner at Vivace. We needed a break from the Ritz Dove Mountain and came here and to their sister pizzeria. Both are so fabulous. The seafood soup, pork cutlet and salmon pasta are perfect. My one complaint was their tiramusu. Something was seriously wrong with it. We were choking on the cocoa powder, some bites were inedible. Maybe this was a freak thing. I know the restaurant lost power for a little bit and maybe this messed up the refrigerated desserts. Anyway, definitely a great restaurant. Service was good but the server seemed a little rushed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
tucson, arizona
“Viva Vivace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Nothing makes me happier than experiencing something done with excellence and Vivace hits all of the right notes; extraordinary service, marvelous ambience and terrific food. Someone cares and it shows in every aspect of this outstanding restaurant. Why is it so hard for other places to get it right! Walking into this spotless and pleasant restaurant with the beautiful white tablecloths and sparkling glassware always makes me smile. Then being greeted with an ice cold bottle of complimentary water put me in a good mood immediately. We were celebrating with a birthday lunch on a weekday and the dining room was filled but service did not suffer. The wait staff has been well trained and always make us feel welcome. The background chatter was not intrusive as it is in some other local restaurants. For some reason the pork piccata was taken off the menu a few years ago but can still be ordered and this is my son's, the birthday boy, favorite meal. It is delicious, moist, tender and cooked to perfection. I can never say no to the spinach souffle, which is heaven, but had the breaded chicken breast this trip and with the garlic mashed potatoes was the most delicious comfort food ever eaten. Tender, moist, flavorful chicken and potatoes to die for. Forgot to mention the incredible ciabatta bread served with a basil/olive oil olio. The bread is flown in from La Brea Bakery in LA, frozen, and baked in house. This could be my last meal, it is that good. We finished, after all, it was a birthday, with the Creme' Brule'. Totally smooth, creamy and the crust was perfection. The accompanying berries were unnecessary but a nice touch. Everything about Vivace is perfect and we always leave feeling totally happy and eager to return. Such a wonderful gift to Tucson, thank you!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scottsdale, AZ
“Yummy italian in comfortable setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I took my parents to Vivace to celebrate a birthday and anniversary. We started with salads for the ladies. Spinach pine nuts and a pear and candied walnut with butter lettuce. Yummy. Warm rustic bread was also served. The menu featured Osso Buco, one of my father's favorites. He had been drooling about it for a week. He was not disappointed and enjoyed it very much with the rice . I had Veal picata and Mother had a pork tenderloin entree. These both had fresh vegetable pasta as the side and was wonderful. The picata was lip smacking yummy. For dessert Dad had tirmisu and we split scoops of white chocolate gelato, one rolled in cocnu and the other in copped hazelnuts. Warm dark chocolate served on the side...supper yummy. The service was exellent. The atmosphere is very pleasant. It is rather large and oddly shaped but the acoustics are good and it was never too loud. We will come again

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere