“Great Little Place Big on Taste!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 1,733 Restaurants in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“Great Little Place Big on Taste!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Received a great "review" from an Alamo Rental Agent @ Tucson International Airport. Was looking for some "Southwestern Food". Wasn't disappointed although area was not in a great looking neighborhood. The decor was eclectic, and fun. Service was a little slow, but they were extremely crowded. Found out that several famous people(presidents, actors, etc from pictures on wall, and the infamous" Presidential" Table, with the date 1995. Great food, prices, what more could one ask for? The memories of this restaurant and my tastebuds will have to wait until a return trip to Tucson.

Visited May 2014

pennsylvania
“Another outstanding meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit over a period of years as we visit Tucson. It was as good this time as the last. Food was excellent but the star of the meal would be the frozen mango margaritas. I wished I had been staying right next door so I could imbibe more freely and stagger to my bed. Instead I had to drink responsibly. The whole meal was great. Service friendly, and efficient.

Visited April 2014
Denver
“Authentic - real mexican food - still the best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I am from Tucson and Mi Nidito was known as being one of the best, most authentic, restaurants in the city. We would wait for hours for a table. I moved from Tucson and have not lived there for over 20 years. In March we were there to visit family and had to stop at Mi Nidito. We went at 8:30 on a Wednesday night and walked right in. It is still the same in every way. The guacamole is absolutely heavenly and the food and atmosphere are exactly how I remembered them. It feels like you are being welcomed into your Mexican grandmother's home. If you want to experience a true authentic taste of the southwest as well as a Tucson institution. Do not miss Mi Nidito!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delish tacos! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had the chicken tacos which were utterly delish! Was visiting from Scotland and was fab to sample authentic Mexican food! Love love love!!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“All time favorite!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My favorite restaurant of all time. I used to eat here up to 3x a week! Best mexican food anywhere! I have since moved out of state, but when I visit my parents this is the first spot I hit! The caldo de queso is my go to.....can't find it anyhere else. There is ALWAYS a line ad parking sucks but I'll deal with it the food is just too good to pass up!

• Visited May 2013