“Good food, but prepare to wait a while.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 1,579 Restaurants in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Californian
Good for: Doing business, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
“Good food, but prepare to wait a while.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

The mango quesadilla appetizer is delicious. The rest of the dishes we ordered were good but not amazing. The restaurant is clean and inviting. The service is prompt once you are seated, however the average wait time for me is around 30-45 mins to be seated no matter what time I get there. The margaritas are also well made; not too strong or too sweet. I like this place as much as any restaurant but would not go out of my way to eat here. There are better places but there are much worse as well. Give it a try for lunch if you're in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Diego, California
“Best Chili Rellenos I Have Ever Tasted”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

There are several excellent Mexican Restaurants in Tucson and this certainly ranks as one of the best. My cousin who lives in the area took my wife and myself here and the experience was very, very nice. All of our entrees were excellent but my Chili Relleno was outstanding -- best I have ever tasted. Price was fair and service very good. I had the Combination #1 which included a Cheese Enchilada and Tostada but next time I would have the Combination plate which has two Chili Rellenos -- and there will be a next time.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Good, authentic Mexican food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Okay, what do I know? I am not Mexican, and haven't lived in Mexico. I have lived in Texas and know the difference in Tex-Mex and Mexican food, but from my experience of eating in a lot of Mexican food restaurants in Mexico and the US, I believe this is authentic (others say so) and the food is good. There was a line waiting at the door (I arrived at 10:45am-it opens at 11.) It was very good. So, all in all, if you are looking for good Mexican food that is good in comparison with other Mexican food restaurants that others say is authentic, come to this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Not my favorite, but good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

A thrity minute wait even when we arrived a little before 5:00 pm on a Thursday. Great salsa with just a little bit of heat. Ordered a combo plate with two shredded beef tacos, cheese enchilada and rice/beans. Shredded beef was tender and juicy and reasonably seasoned. Cheese enchilada was terrific. Large portions and could not eat it all. Great atmosphere though probably not in the best place in town. Ate at three different Mexican restaurants while in Tucson on this trip, and this was by far the best of those three (El Charro and Micha's were the other two). I will likely come here again.

“Delicious Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Anytime we are in Tucson, we make a trip to Mi Niditos on 4th Avenue. The food is excellent. There is usually a wait but it's worth it. The parking is limited but you can park on some side streets too. Definitely give it a try.

Visited April 2013