“Our Journey Continues Tucson” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Mukilteo, Washington
“Our Journey Continues Tucson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Prior to leaving Tucson we went to Rosa's for lunch. The locals all told us this was the finest Mexican restaurant in town. Four lunches and we couldn't agree more. Excellent food and service. Portions were very large but delicious. Margaritas were very good and just what was needed to board a plane to Dallas.

Visited February 2013

Somerset, New Jersey
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went on the recommendation of a friend and were NOT disappointed! We were seated immediately for dinner and accommodated with chips and EXCELLENT salsa...drinks arrived quickly as did our food..I had the Angie's Special..very hot and tasty...whatever you do, SAVE ROOM FOR THE SOPAPILLAS! Seriously, pack your leftovers and dig in to the sopapillas. The were the best I have ever had. The service was excellent, the prices reasonable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Where the locals go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went here with my cousin who lives in Tucson. She was going to take us to a better known Mexican place but we said - "Take us where you go". Obviously off the tourist track with good Mexican food and cold beer. Lot's of regulars which is always a good sign. Owner stopped by our table and you could tell he recognized lots of the diners. We enjoyed it and would go back. I had the Chile Rellenos and it was great. all cheese and no meat but very tasty. DH had Fajitas and it came with one huge tortilla - not typical but probably authentic...at least we think so.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Better then expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Tucson's restaurant attitude is well known - sort of "you should have known the food was bad here." But this place is different. The food is good, service was OK, and the price was great.

I'm from the part of the country were Mexican food is quite different than the Arizona fare. I've tried several different restaurants looking for "comfort food". I think I found it.

The restaurant is not large, but the food was very good. I want to try breakfast there next time- yes, I'll be going back - soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, AZ
“Friendly, Astute Servers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The servers who work at Rosa's work hard to meet customers' preferences and largely succeed at anticipating customers' needs--e.g. providing a sturdy box bottom to support multiple dishes in a to-go order, and providing an accurate estimate of how long a take-out order will take to prepare.

The food is always hot, fresh and tasty when I've eaten there--whether dining in or taking out.

Visited March 2013