“Very enjoyable Happy Hour at Kingfisher Bar and Grill” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kingfisher Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 1,702 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tucson
Description: Kingfisher is an American Grill specializing in fresh Seafood. Menu changes seasonally. Winner of Wine Spectators Award of Excellence. Lunch Dinner, Late night. A local favorite for 14 years running.
Tucson Estates
“Very enjoyable Happy Hour at Kingfisher Bar and Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We wanted to sample the Kingfisher Happy Hour menu before continue to the main dining room on a future visit. We found the service to be attentive and the food quite good. Their "take" on mussels isn't quite what we are used to, but this, with the clam chowder, made for a happy time. We'll be back to try a full menu sometime.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Marana, Arizona
“rude waitress”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Half of the enjoyment of dining at a restaurant is the competence of the wait staff. A recent visit to Kingfisher proved to be very disappointing. Our waitress (Meg) was quite unfriendly and not very attentive. After we ordered our drinks, she acted as though she did not want to serve us. We ordered two entrees and used a $10 credit on our Tucson Originals card. She was particularly disgusted when we asked to use our Originals credit. My guess is that our total bill wasn't high enough for her. Also, I noticed that she was much more friendly to patrons at another nearby table who had ordered more food and a bottle of wine. I can't think of another waitress in recent memory who was as rude as she was. Perhaps the manager of the restaurant should stop allowing patrons to use the Originals discount card if his wait staff is going to treat customers poorly for using it. Overall, it was a bad experience. I doubt that we will ever return.

Visited November 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“A new to me Tucson favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Although I love in Tucson, somehow I'd never eaten at Kingfisher, a Tucson mainstay for seafood. I've now been twice, once for a girl's night dinner, and for my anniversary. Both times, the service was excellent and attentive without being overbearing. The food was perfect. I started with the steamed mussels both times, and they are some of the best I've had. Most recently, I had the salmon entree from the regular menu (my first visit we ate mostly from the summer specials menu) and it was delicious. Perfectly cooked and seasoned, with a delicious risotto on the side. The wine choices were good as well- both by the glass and bottle choices. This is definitely now a favorite.

Visited November 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Amazing Seafood Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went to dinner to Kingfisher and was amazed not only for the quality of the food, but as well of the service.

Waitresses were attending to all our needs but without being pushy. They checked on us on a regular basis to make sure all was good.

Food was amazing. Their sourdough bread is very tasty, and was warm out of the oven.

We first had appetizers with black mussels in a creamy sauce. Those were delicious. We tried their New York Clam chowder, and it filled me up.

For the main course, we had seared salmon which was excellet, and had the Onu fish crusted with Macademia nuts. The fishes were well cooked, and tasted very fresh.

We finished by sharing a Creme Brulee, and the custard filling was very creamy and the sugar glaze was perfect, not too thick, not too hard.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Tucson Original”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went to celebrate my hubbie's 65th for dinner. As usual everthing we ordered was cooked to perfection. We all got fish dishes that were more than we could eat. Called ahead of time for a surprise piece of cake to be served. To my surprise it was complimentary. If you've never eaten at Kingfisher or haven't been in awhile, check out out.