“Wonderful Place to Celebrate - QUIET!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Rendez-Vous is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #283 of 1,579 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Dessert, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Alvernon
Description: This is the perfect place for an impressive business engagement or a romantic interlude. A distinguished wine Cellar and exquisite desserts promise a memorable dining experience. Now offering a bistro fare lunch.
The Old Pueblo, Tucson, AZ
“Wonderful Place to Celebrate - QUIET!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We arrived to celebrate our anniversary and when we asked to be seated at a different table, was told they were holding them for larger parties. My back was to the window. The table we had wanted was for 4. Oh well.
We were served bread but asked if it was supposed to be crouton-like. Oops, out came fresh bread. Whew!
Now, I can tell you the food was FANTASTIC. My spinach salad was dressed with some wonderful dressing that I only wish I could buy or make. My husband's french onion soup was great he said and it was not ridicuously large so we had room for dinner.

I had the crab stuffed shrimp and my husband had the salmon. My shrimp was excellent and though my husband makes salmon a lot, this was a step above and his is great. He even ate his brussell sprouts!

We had the Crepes Suzette for desert - prepped tableside - and also had a bottle of wine that was surprisingly good.

One suggestion for the owner: The restaurant is right on the street. If they were to install shirred curtains - shear and shirred - one would not be looking at the people walking by and looking in nor the State Farm sign. A small touch would class up this place.

We will definitely go back. Oh and Jonatha, yes (without the "n"), was a wonderful server. Hope you try it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Happy Hour ... Good , not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Happy hour is 5 to 7 ( weirdly, the take reservations ). Small plates and half off the apppetizers .
Nice quiet setting ( unlike most happy hours ) with wonderful service. Fun ,because it is not your standard fare happy hour food ( pâté , frogs legs, scallops ) . The food is good not create, although the experience is worthwhile.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Safford, Arizona
“Very Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several times but this time was horrible. First of all I went with a 94 year old man in a power chair and he needed to use the restroom. He went back with the waitress and she soon came back and told me he needed me. Well to make a long story short I went back to find the was standing in the doorway doing his business so I made sure no one came close. There is no handicap restroom for men. I ordered lamb (one of their specials for the night) med. rare. It came out well cooked. I had also told the waitress we were celebrating my birthday. It was the first time to go to a place like this that never gave a free dessert, the waitress said Happy Birthday and that was that. All in all I was thoroughly disappointed in everything and won't be back. Previous I was thrilled but no more. The drink was good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saint Croix Falls, Wisconsin
“Comme ci comme ça”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I had eaten at this restaurant a year ago and it was good. We went there on Jan. 26 and found it "so, so." The ambiance is good and the wait staff attentive. The food was only average for a high priced meal. From soup through salad to entree, the meal was edible but not enjoyable. We won't be going back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Food and Awful Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I wanted to go here to have some classic french cuisine for lunch. We had wonderful salmon, pate, escargot, soup and salad. Everything I ate was delightful. Perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. We both had lovely cocktails. The service though was terrible. We were very laid back and in no rush. Our waters were never refilled, I was never offered another glass of wine though I finished it early and the bill was extremely slow coming out and we had to ask for it. I would have given it 5 stars based on food, but based on service I don't think I'll come back.

• Visited December 2012