“Not Your Average Mexican Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Poca Cosa

Cafe Poca Cosa
100 E. Pennington St., Suite 100, Tucson, AZ 85701 (El Presidio)
520 622 6400
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 1,831 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: El Presidio
Arizona
“Not Your Average Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I rarely frequent Mexican restaurants anymore as the majority of them offer the same food items prepared the same way. Not so at Café Poca Cosa. There is no menu. The server brings a
small chalkboard with approximately 6 creative offerings. The list changes daily. He explains in detail each item including the ingredients. All their food is fresh and the presentation is lovely. My meal was absolutely fantastic, and indeed the best Mexican food I've ever had in a restaurant!

• Visited May 2013

Tucson, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We showed up with no reservation and was quickly taken care of. I got the trio and was happy I did I ended up getting something I wouldnt normally order and I now am a mole fan!

Visited March 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Fresh, delicious, and different every night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our B&B hostess recommended Cafe Poca Cosa. We liked it so much we returned a second night! The Mexican cuisine is fresh, colorful, tasty, and beautifully presented. The menu changes every night, so there are no printed menus; your server will bring a chalkboard to your table and describe each item. There are chicken, beef, fish, and vegetarian entrees, all served with rice, beans, and tortillas. Desserts - cupcakes being the specialty - are yummy!

Visited May 2013
Nevada
“A True Cullinary Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

When I first entered, I was surprised by the beautiful, sexy and sophisticated interior. Definitely not your typical Mexican reataurant! The menu is very creative as is the manner in which it is presented. The selections change daily with the exception of a couple of items which are considered guest favorites.

When the server began to explain the menu, it was as if she was taking us on a Cullinary journey. She explained each item in detail, the special ingredients and how they make the dish special. If you are a foodie, you will love this.

When the food arrived, we were blown away. Each dish was a work of art and a feast for the eyes. I ordered the Tamale Pie, a staple on their menu. It was fantastic as was everything else we ordered.

The only negative is parking since it is located downtown.

I can't remember the last time I was blown away by a restaurant
but this one certainly did. I can't
wait to return to Tucson!

• Visited May 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Tucsons best gourmet Mexican!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is the best Mexican food in the Old Pueblo, you will not find Sonoran style/bland food that most people associate with Mexican, this food is a mixture of all the styles of Mexico. From Oaxacan, Yucatan, Mexico City, Aztec and beyond. Modern contempory styling in downtown, great bar and the service is great. The menu changes everyday and this is a true chefs restaurant. Get the Poca Cosa platter which consists of 3 entrees from the daily offerings- but you dont choose, the chef will. Our whole table ordered the Poca Cosa platters and each one of us received a different trio- by sharing between us we were able to taste nearly the entire days menu. They did offer vegetarian offerings- but lets be real, when I have Mexican, I want meat! This place will definitely give the best Mexican restaurants anywhere in the world a run for their money. Must eat in Tucson!

• Visited March 2013