“I love this place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Poca Cosa

Cafe Poca Cosa
100 E. Pennington St., Suite 100, Tucson, AZ 85701 (El Presidio)
520 622 6400
Neighborhood: El Presidio
Tucson, Arizona
“I love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We showed up with no reservation and was quickly taken care of. I got the trio and was happy I did I ended up getting something I wouldnt normally order and I now am a mole fan!

Visited March 2013

81% Recommend
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Fresh, delicious, and different every night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our B&B hostess recommended Cafe Poca Cosa. We liked it so much we returned a second night! The Mexican cuisine is fresh, colorful, tasty, and beautifully presented. The menu changes every night, so there are no printed menus; your server will bring a chalkboard to your table and describe each item. There are chicken, beef, fish, and vegetarian entrees, all served with rice, beans, and tortillas. Desserts - cupcakes being the specialty - are yummy!

Visited May 2013
Nevada
“A True Cullinary Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

When I first entered, I was surprised by the beautiful, sexy and sophisticated interior. Definitely not your typical Mexican reataurant! The menu is very creative as is the manner in which it is presented. The selections change daily with the exception of a couple of items which are considered guest favorites.

When the server began to explain the menu, it was as if she was taking us on a Cullinary journey. She explained each item in detail, the special ingredients and how they make the dish special. If you are a foodie, you will love this.

When the food arrived, we were blown away. Each dish was a work of art and a feast for the eyes. I ordered the Tamale Pie, a staple on their menu. It was fantastic as was everything else we ordered.

The only negative is parking since it is located downtown.

I can't remember the last time I was blown away by a restaurant
but this one certainly did. I can't
wait to return to Tucson!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Tucsons best gourmet Mexican!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is the best Mexican food in the Old Pueblo, you will not find Sonoran style/bland food that most people associate with Mexican, this food is a mixture of all the styles of Mexico. From Oaxacan, Yucatan, Mexico City, Aztec and beyond. Modern contempory styling in downtown, great bar and the service is great. The menu changes everyday and this is a true chefs restaurant. Get the Poca Cosa platter which consists of 3 entrees from the daily offerings- but you dont choose, the chef will. Our whole table ordered the Poca Cosa platters and each one of us received a different trio- by sharing between us we were able to taste nearly the entire days menu. They did offer vegetarian offerings- but lets be real, when I have Mexican, I want meat! This place will definitely give the best Mexican restaurants anywhere in the world a run for their money. Must eat in Tucson!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious Variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great ambiance, different menu every day, hard to make a decision on what entry to choose, when they are all exciting and delicious. The owner/chef, visits each table every night - a nice touch!

Visited May 2013