“I wish I could eat there every day” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 1,604 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Known for serving hearty breakfasts, wholesome lunches, and delicious dinners, the Blue Willow is a Tucson tradition. Enjoy year-round patio dining in the lush garden or a casual dinner by the cozy fireplace. Serving loyal customers since 1978, the Blue Willow is proud to offer American classics that comfort and gratify. Order our award winning desserts for any special occasion or just stop by to shop in our unique gift shop.
Tucson, Arizona
“I wish I could eat there every day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The cuisine at the Blue Willow is exceptionally healthful, and tasty besides! I seriously don't worry about what I eat there, because I know they use the finest ingredients. That doesn't prevent a tiny bit of caution, but probably there is no need whatsoever.

I like to get an omelette with cheese, chicken, mushrooms, and spinach. I know they say you can only have three ingredients, but whenever I have eaten there, it hasn't been a problem. The omelettes are delicate, and the ingredients are just right. This is a very filling meal, and enjoyable to the last bite.

I once had a salad of greens and other delightful things with a very nice vinaigrette, raspberry, if I recall correctly. I am not fan of vinegar, but if I have to eat it, make it a vinaigrette like that one!

The gift shop contains so many beautiful things it is really hard to walk through there without buying something. Of course, that is intentional. I'm getting better at refusing the temptation, but if you would like to buy a unique gift for someone, it is a good place to look.

The entire atmosphere of the restaurant and gift shop is a wholesome one. Too bad there are so few restaurants like this in the city! If you like tasty healthy food, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014

“Love this little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We eat at Blue Willow once a month or so. We've been in for both brunch dinner. For brunch, I love the French toast, although I wish they'd get more creative with their options. Gluten free, fruit, nuts, other toppings? Instead it's just a few plain pieces (albeit good ones) of your everyday French toast.

My favorite item on the menu is the sweet potato sandwich. It is absolutely delicious, and the uniqueness of it is what I'd like to see brought into breakfast items.

I love the quirky atmosphere indoors, and the patio is perfect in the morning or on a cooler evening.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mesa AZ
“Wonderful, As Usual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Whenever my husband and I go to Tucson, AZ, we always eat at the Blue Willow. This time we had breakfast, and as usual the food and service were excellent. We sat inside this time, because it was very hot, and even in Arizona, sometimes, it was muggy. Would recommend for breakfast or lunch.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for brunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Sat in the peaceful back patio, attentive service, great food selections, big vegetarian menu if that is important to you (it was for my visiting nephew and his selection was awesome he said!) I had the salmon cakes for a truly tasty lunch. My daughter had the cinnamon raisin french toast and ate every delicious bite. Although the inside part of the restaurant was quite cool, we really enjoyed the back patio, a bit warmer but still very comfortable with the fans. There was no wait on a Thursday about 11:30am, so we did not look around the cute little gift shop till after. Nice card selection and a little of something for everyone to browse through.

• Visited June 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good brunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Our family went here over the weekend for a late brunch. We've been here a few times so I will sum up my reviews from all the times we visited this place. We sat in the back patio so the kids can be loud without bothering others, not that they are really loud or anything. Since I wasn't that hungry, we got 2 orders on the kids' menu for our two girls (pancake, and the two eggs w/ potatoes and fruits). They are pretty big portion and the price is cheaper than the adult's order. My husband got an order of the two eggs and it's just as big as the kid's plate. I had their crepes before and wasn't impressed, the fruits and the crepes didn't go together and I dislike whipping cream from a can, just tasted badly. The omelettes are okay. Nothing superb but the portion and price are alright so give them a try :):.

Visited June 2014