“Good food, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildflower is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,690 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oracle
Description: As with everything great, one must first seek the roots. In our case, we are lucky enough to have our first restaurant, Wildflower, continuously thriving and serving the local and die-hard fans of Fox Restaurant Concepts in Tucson. While our seasonal menu changes with the calendar, the walls and décor with the years, the one thing that has remained steadfast and true is Wildflower’s carefully constructed plates, artfully shaken martinis and loyalty to its guests. You could call it a long-term love affair, and you’d just be scratching the surface.
Tucson
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We met friends at Wildflower for dinner last night. We had a very pleasant experience -- the service and food was good, and we ate on the outdoor patio at a leisurely pace.

My wife and I started with the grilled artichoke hearts appetizer, which our friends recommended. I wasn't impressed, and would not order again -- too little to eat, too much (and messy) work and too high a price ($12) for what we were served. However, both of us enjoyed our entrees -- my wife had chicken ($18) and I had paella ($21) -- both dishes were presented well, the food was tasty and the entrees were filling. My wife also had a field greens salad -- a very nice portion for $6. We finished dinner by sharing a butterscotch pudding ($5) -- we agreed that this was the best butterscotch pudding we had ever had! With 1 beer, our tab came to about $72 before tip.

Chaz was our waiter -- he was attentive, and overall did a good job. As I mentioned at the outset, we had a leisurely dinner -- 2 1/2 hours -- and we never felt rushed. We at on the outside patio, as the noise level inside was too high when we arrived. Even with the temp at 90+ degrees when we sat down, the patio was quite comfortable, and it was nice to be outdoors.

We hadn't been to Wildflower for many years -- just fell off the radar screen, I guess. We won't take as long to dine there again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Post Storm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We had dinner on a Saturday shortly after a very heavy rain. As a result service was somewhat disrupted as tables had to be rearranged. There were also less servers since they did not expect a busy night. It turned out to be an extremely busy night. Our wine was delayed because they ran out of small carafes. The manager brought us a complementary appetizer to apologize for the wait. The dinner was outstanding and we enjoyed the entire night, because of the extra appetizer we split an entree. This is a great place for dinner and the staff does a great job.The menu has many interesting items and the wine list has some very nice wines.

Visited July 2014
“Decent Food, Nice Atmosphere ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We went here yesterday for dinner. The decor and patio are nice and it is located in a fairly bustling Plaza. The mussel appetizer was great. Out of four different entrees no one thought their entree was great. All good though. I personally had the NY strip steak. Need a bit of seasoning. My wife's paella also needed a bit more flavor. I probably should have chosen something else since the waiter did not try to sell me on it when I asked for his recommendation. Good beer and wine selection.

tucson
“Informally cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have not been to Wildflower since it opened at least 15 years ago. What a mistake for us. We've been missing out on what I would call one of the best Happy Hour menus in town. It's daily from 3 PM to 6 PM. This is now added to one of my favorites. The decor is raging with hip snazzy decor. A very large outdoor seating area with lots of misters to keep you comfortable. We went with a friend and opted to be inside. We were there at about 5.30PM and it was not crowded at this time so the noise level was perfect. However, it did get crowded and got a bit noisy by the time we were finished. Maybe, sitting outside next time would be an option for us. Enough of my crabbing. Now to the Happy Hour menu. There are five wonderful items to choose from. Hard to make a decision. The crispy shrimp, zucchini, onion, caper aioli was incredible. Light and flaky with a real punch to it. The wild mushroom toast grilled ciabatta, goat cheese and roasted garlic was very flavorful and zesty. We also had the chicken skewer soy ginger caramel, radish sprouts and toasted sesame seeds. Very good choice. Their margarita was excellent. The rest of the menu looked like it has some great offerings. Looking forward to going again and trying something off the regular menu. This place is a good choice for taking visitors to because it reflects the flavor of Tucson living. P.S. The bread and the olive oil with garlic and herbs is amazing. I'm a big bread lover and ate half a loaf. No wonder I was exceedingly full.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Nice outdoor seating and great cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had dinner here and sat outside. Very nice cocktails and good food. No real problem getting gluten-free for the celiac in our group. Excellent desserts.

• Visited May 2014