“Consistency.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildflower is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,748 Restaurants in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oracle
Description: As with everything great, one must first seek the roots. In our case, we are lucky enough to have our first restaurant, Wildflower, continuously thriving and serving the local and die-hard fans of Fox Restaurant Concepts in Tucson. While our seasonal menu changes with the calendar, the walls and décor with the years, the one thing that has remained steadfast and true is Wildflower’s carefully constructed plates, artfully shaken martinis and loyalty to its guests. You could call it a long-term love affair, and you’d just be scratching the surface.
Tucson, Arizona
“Consistency.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Having eaten there many times over the past ten years the key adjective to describe it is consistent. By that I mean consistently good. I have never been disappointed be it lunch or dinner. Good service. Good menu choices. Good ambience. I liked the old decor though. As someone else said "Fox Restaurant Concepts" know what they are doing.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kotzebue, Alaska
“My Kind of Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I loved this place. We decided to go at about 6:30 on a Friday night and were able to get an 8:00 reservation through Open Table. The restaurant is one big room with another large outdoor "room" as well. Inside the room is expansive - high ceiling, wood floors, bar in the corner, kitchen visible from the dinning room. It is not quiet, but somehow our table, located toward the center of the room, still felt private. The decor is elegantly quirky, my favorite. The staff is plentiful and surprisingly (and a little disconcertingly) beautiful. This place seems to believe that service is important and I thank them for it. The wine list nice, but I went for their red blend which was the best I've had. (Of course I can't remember what it was.) We were there to enjoy our last evening in Tucson so we took our time and ordered soup and salad. The mushroom soup was amazing. Flavorful and rich. My husband's salad was fresh and had those unusual ingredients that restaurants are so into these days. I think the nuts were almonds, there were dates, and the Chevre was delectable.
My husband ordered, of all things, ramen! This was not your 45 cents a package Top Ramen, but a flavorful bowl of noodles, shrimp, vegetables, broth... Quite good and filling. I ordered the lamb, of course. This time it was lamb meatballs in ragout over tagliatelle pasta. Earthy and filling, probably a better winter meal than Tucson in spring, but I was headed back to the tundra... I loved it. Our dessert was an orange tart served with a side of espresso gelato and sprinkled with peanuts. It was lovely. The combination of flavors and textures worked extremely well.
Our server was professional, helpful, non-intrusive, and like all the Tucsonians we met, incredibly nice. I would stay an extra day in Tucson in order to fit in a visit to this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Centralia, Illinois
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I visited and are from out of town. We were seated outside at a very private table which was nice. The Calamari was good and light and crispy. I enjoyed the mixed greens salad and my wife ordered the same but she thought that it could have used more dressing. I had a nice bottle of Pinoir Noir. It was at a great price as bottles of wine are 1/2 off on Tuesday's. My wife enjoyed her pasta with chicken. I ordered the Ribeye which had excellent flavor and the gravy and sides were excellent. I ordered it medium rare and it was prepared medium well. It was really good so I proceeded to eat much of it. The waiter did eventually make it by and asked how everything was and I showed him my steak. He replied that is definitely overcooked and he would get me another one, I explained I was enjoying it not to worry. The manager stopped by shortly thereafter and insisted a new one was on its way. A short time later a medium rare steak appeared. It was definitely more tender. Our waiter was ok not great. He appeared to be new. He was friendly just not attentive.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We reserved A table for two at 7pm though Open Table and arrived on time to be told we could not have an outside table because it was not reserved via our request. We were told that if we wanted to wait , a table might be available later so we decided to wait at the (seated bar). Big mistake. Very noisy and most of the waiters appeared to take great joy in catching me on my back as they walked by, including one of the reception staff who apologised because i was not happy with his behaviour. After 20 minutes we asked if a table was nearly due and were told "no" , so we decided to order a meal at the bar. Big mistake because we should have got up and walked out at that time.
I ordered mushroom soup which I mostly left - i defy the chef to taste and identify in a blind sampling test. Nothing more than a salty mush. I then ordered the chicken curry with brown rice. To be fair, brown rice is on the description but it does not work in a curry and is unpalatable - it would appear the chefs do not taste the suitability of their menus. Also, there was more potato than chicken!
My partner said her meal of tacos was reasonable. We paid for our meal and left - never to return..

It was a Saturday night (March 23 , 2013 ) when it is always busy for restaurants but most take care of their customers because they want them to return in the quieter periods, and we are happy to , but Wildflower obviously does not need any more customers given the shabby way we were treated, which went downhill right from the start by the way we were received when we first arrived.

We visit Arizona from the UK at least once a year and love it. Fortunately, there are many fine independent and chain restaurants in Tucson - I recommend you track them down but do not bother with this place.

AVOID
Gary Smith

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Long Island, New York
“Noisy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our party of five decided NOT to eat here due to the extremely high noise level and the staff not honoring our reservation.

Visited February 2013