“Terrible Customer Service- Hope you don't need anything!” 1 of 5 stars

Sonoran Suites of Tucson
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7990 E. Snyder Rd, Tucson, AZ 85750   |
Ranked #113 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Tucson
“Terrible Customer Service- Hope you don't need anything!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We arrived at Sonoran Suites in Tucson and the apartment was clean and although the amenities were not top notch, it seemed comfortable. We were tired from a long drive and wanted to relax in front of the TV. All we got was snow on both the television in the living room and the bedroom. Both TV's were the old box TV's, maybe 23 inch, nothing upgraded. But it didn't matter because there was no reception. We woke in the morning to the same. When we tried to call the office there was only an answering machine. Upon checking, there were two different times for the opening of the office, one at 9:00 am and one at 10:30. We called the Sonoran Suites office repeatedly after 10:30 and did not get anyone to answer until 10:50, even though she told me the office was open at 1030.We told the young woman, Asia, about the televisions. She said she would call the housekeeper to check it out. She called back and confirmed the there was not reception (I guess she didn't believe us). She said she would call the cable company and get back with me. Several hours later we came back and there was still no reception. I called the Sonoran Suites of Tucson office (they are in Phoenix) and spoke with Asia again, she said the cable company said they couldn't get out there today. I find this hard to believe, they are usually very responsive. I asked her what she was going to do as the football game was on and we really wanted to stay in and have a few drinks and watch the game (responsible adults- didn't want to drink and drive). She said there was nothing she could do, that it was the cable company. I was very irritated with this response and asked her to move us to a unit that had tv. She said she didn't have any other units available. I hung up and went on hotels.com. I was in fact able to get a room for the same price I got my room. So she lied to me. Wanting to be sure, we called the direct line to Sonoran Suites, disgusing my voice, to see if we could book a room. She tried to sell me a room for double the price and when I told her I could get it on hotels.com for much cheaper she honored the price and could give me a room for that night (plus a $35 cleaning charge not included in the hotels.com price) I hung up and called back to confront Asia about having rooms. Asia was very irritated with me and told me she wouldn't move me unless I paid $35 to have the unit we were in cleaned. I told her that I didn't feel this was my problem and that they advertised they had basic cable and should find me a room with basic cable, not at my expense. I asked to have the owner from Sonoran Suites call me. She told me the owner would give me a much worse response than she did. I knew she had no intention of having the owner of Sonoran Suites of Tucson call me (now one week later and no call). Asia was rude to me many times during our conversations and ultimately told me that for the rate I paid they were not going to honor having a working television. I told her I was going to write a letter of complaint and she said "Well if you think the time is worth it for just not being able to watch tv, then go ahead." Her comments were made to belittle me and my complaint. I got angry with her snotty attitude and she got so mad at me that she hung up on me. That was the last I heard from anyone at Sonoran Suites of Tucson. We come to Tucson twice a month and have stayed many places. We will NEVER stay here again. Their customer service is terrible and they don't care about their customers or providing the level of service they advertise. There are many great, inexpensive places to stay in Tucson. Don't stay here!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! If you have any problems they have only specific office hours and even when the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
SonoranSuitesManager, Manager at Sonoran Suites of Tucson, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
I am offering my sincerest apologies for the behavior of our associate towards this guest. I cannot say anything other than this is unacceptable and certainly does not represent our standards. The remainder of this matter is being handled internally. I offer my personal apology to our guest and I would like to assure her and everyone else that our goal is ultimate guest satisfaction, contacting us will in fact result in positive solutions, not further frustrations. I only wish I had been aware of the situation at the time it was occurring, not several weeks later. I have contacted the guest and offered a solution if we can have the opportunity to have her stay with us again. Chris Jansen - Sonoran Suites

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Indio, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

My golf group is tough. We're old, grouchy and just tough to please. Chris Jansen at Sonoran Suites had the misfortune of dealing with me, and with Bart, another member of my group. We come in the summer because it is cheap, we like that. I must say, Chris knows his stuff - he set us up with 4 great rounds of golf, one of them at the Ritz Carlton course which is private, he must know some people or something. He treated us like we were full rate paying guests in their high season. The condos were good, kind of in the middle of Sabino and close to another course we played and liked at Arizona's National. The bathrooms were especially clean. If I stay at a non chain hotel like this I judge them by weird stuff like the toiletries and linens and these were good and nice. The beds were fine and I slept well, one guy complained about them but he complains about everything. I thought we got a fair deal and I was happy with what we paid and especially with the quality and the service I got.

Room Tip: Ask for Chris
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

You arrive to find no one can help you. You call an #800 number and a sales person tells you your room number and the lock box code. In Tuscon expect lots of stairs and lock boxes that do not open. I could not get in, my sister fell on the stairs and broke her arm, They still charged me for the room and said it was not their problem. Yhey do not care. If I would have known from their adds what a Mickey Mouse Program they ran but their adds do not give the poor consumer a clue !!! Parking is not even close to your unit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
HSV, AR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Like others, we looked for this place for a couple of hours. We asked several people but no one could tell us where to go. Once we found the place we still could not get in. Tried for another two hours to contact someone with Sonoran Suites - no one would answer their phones or return our messages. Finally an Expedia rep. apparently reached someone and they finally called us back, just as we were leaving to find somewhere else to stay. The Cable TV is basic coverage - local channels only. We were there the night of the football BCS national championship game which was covered by ESPN and had to go to a sports bar to watch the game. Also, no wireless internet.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
La Jolla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

Just wanted to write a quick review on Sonoran Suites Tucson. I booked a 1 bedroom rental for me and a friend for a quick, cheap getaway to Tucson to play some golf. August is dirt cheap and we were not expecting much. Chris is the golf package manager and he gave us a great deal to stay 3 nights and play 2 rounds. We only booked a 1 bedroom to save some $$, but he upgraded at us when we arrived to a 2 bedroom condo, awesome. Just a simple gesture made 2 guys very happy and made for a very pleasant stay. The rentals are near Arizona National so we played there and another round at Vistoso. The condo was clean, and better than we had expected. Since we had booked a golf package I was well aware of the lockbox and check in, I can see how this is confusing for some, but the instructions we received were crystal clear. We are not exactly rocket scientists and we figured it out We wold do this again, it really is the perfect option if you are looking for something better than a hotel room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed for a friends' wedding that was held at Arizona National Golf Course, just up the road. We found it to be clean, suitable and overall a good stay. The check in can be tricky with the lockbox like others have mentioned - but we found it similar to other rentals we have used for vacation in Gulf Shores and Florida. No compalinst here, we liked it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

I had chosen Sonoran Suites because of its excellent reviews. Unfortunately, I had an emergency after hours - unable to enter room (lock box w/ key inoperable) and called their "emergency number". No one picked up, and I left a message - twice that evening - stressing the importance of the call. No one called back that evening. I never stayed in the room that night. My girlfirend and I had to search for a nearby hotel in the middle of the night and pay for another stay elsewhere. 2 days later, still haven't heard from Sonoran Suites. Eventually, I called and I spoke to someone, explained my situation and was told I would hear from them that day. No call back, again. I then called the following day, spoke to a manager - hoping this would repair the situation - and it did not. Eventually, I was charged for the room, thru Expedia because Sonoran Suites still charged them for my stay. No explaination from any of the staff of Sonoran Suites for their lack of response to my emergency call. And no one held accountable for that - except me, because it was my fault, I could not open the lock box! No refund or credit! Never again!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sonoran Suites of Tucson? Share your experiences!