“Racist event coordinator” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #76 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
New York
“Racist event coordinator”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The hotel is awesome, greatly located, and with great offers. The event coordinator is just a racist homophobic. First towards Mexicans, then towards gays. Then I saw how she mistreated one of the employers. She didn't even noticed I was in one of the halls as she badly spoke. I always stay at the river park inn but it seems like there should be more transparency with how people are treated.

• Stayed May 2014
Jill W, General Manager at Arizona Riverpark Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for your comment. I am launching an investigation to rectify this matter. I do not take this lightly and do not appreciate ANYONE representing the hotel this way. Please contact me at the hotel, 520-239-2300, so we may discuss further.

Jill Ward
AZ Riverpark Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Leonard, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We held our annual Air Force Reunion at the Riverpark Inn. The sales manager Wes Clark was wonderful to work with as was all of the staff. We were the first group that took advantage of the NEW airport shuttle the hotel acquired, which makes it so easy to get to the hotel.
The FREE breakfast was more than anybody should expect, everything was perfect. The eggs were the best I have eaten in a long time and the sausages were just outstanding. Wonderful cook!!! They also served food during the day and evening, which was reasonable and very good.
Our group had their own Hospitality Room throughout the week's reunion stay.
The staff and Wes Clark could not do enough for us to make us feel welcome and comfortable.
The rooms are large and the beds very comfortable. The housekeeping staff does an excellent job of keeping everything neat and attractive. The hotel has an old world charm with modern conveniences. It is amazing how quiet this hotel is, in the middle of town. The grounds are beautifully kept and the pool and hot tub are added pleasures. I am so happy that I picked this hotel for my group's annual reunion, it was a most memorable stay. We cannot thank the staff and Wes enough to accommodate us in such a special and caring way.
I definitely would choose the Riverpark Inn again for my group's reunion and for myself. And I highly recommend the hotel for individual and group stays. For the price one cannot find a better hotel anywhere in Tucson. Thank you again, we enjoyed our stay.

Fay Dickey
secretary/events coordinator
601st&615th AC&WS Association

Room Tip: As many rooms are on the ground level as there are on the first floor. My husband is an invalid and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Riverpark might be a euphemism since the riverbed next to the hotel is a dry wash during drought, but the entire hotel campus is lush in green, with a great pool, tall trees and shrubs. It is most conveniently located next to the I-10 south of St. Mary's, hence just 10 minutes on foot to historic downtown and the barrios. The rooms are huge, with rustic decor, but all very nice and well kept. The beds are great, and I got a very good night sleep there on numerous occasions. The price for the room includes a splendid American breakfast (hot). All rooms have a flat tv and wifi. Showers and tubs are very nice. Parking is plenty and all around. Even though the I-10 is right next to it (elevated), one hardly hears the noise since the renovation. Great deal, and wonderful staff. Honestly, this is my most favorite hotel in Tucson at its price level and location. Starting in July 2014, the streetcar will have a stop right next to the hotel, making it very easy to catch it for anywhere downtown, 4th Ave., Univ. Ave., the University, and even the Hospital. Nowadays downtown life has picked up tremendously, so this is one of the best hotels to stay to enjoy it all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the Tucson Folk Festival. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The free shuttle was very helpful in getting to the festival without having to worry about the parking, which was very difficult in downtown Tucson. I thought it was a good value.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was the official conference hotel for a symposium I attended at UofA. The rooms are huge and the rate is very fair. The breakfast buffet has a very wide selection including waffles, bread, eggs, etc. The only thing that I would criticize is that I often had to go to the front desk multiple times until there was someone there for inquiries.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Riverpark and had no troubles whatsoever. Room was big, sleep was good, complementary breakfast was good, property was clean and well maintained.
I'll for sure stay again since it will work well for my handicapped husband with a ground floor room. It is a older hotel, and small things could be fixed up but overall, staff was great, and it earns a return by us.

Room Tip: center part of hotel may be best for those who want more to look at, we were along one of the 'o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Avondale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have stayed here on several occassions. The staff is super friendly. The breakfast is good and the rooms are nice and comfortable. Close to many places to visit and easy to get to. The lobby is beautifaul and inviting and the staff is very helpful. I plan on staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo