“Pros, Cons, and Other” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
El Paso
“Pros, Cons, and Other”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The good: big room, fast internet, comfy bed, free breakfast, onsite tiny bar, large acreage, friendly staff, usually can book at a fair price. Near downtown and I-10.
The ok: tennis courts, didn't try swimming pool, jucuzzi looked ok, there are lots of
chairs to lounge around. The fair: tv was old but it did have cable, other than the eggs
which are fair, everything else offered is good. Bathroom is fair.
The not so good: intermittent construction in the morning, rooms near back entrance points can be noisy as doors secured and must key in to open.

I like this place because of the big room, very fast internet, near downtown, free breakfast,
and noon checkout. I've always have gotten a big room but I was a little unhappy to be
placed in back near noisy secure entrance. I'm sorry I have no opinion about the swimming pool,
courts, Jacuzzi, or mini bar as I haven't tried them.

Third visit in the past year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from secured entrance doors. Ask to be near the front if you care about jacuzz...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
surprise, az usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had booked three nights at this hotel, which said on Orbitz it was a AAA 3 star. After one night I checked out. The room was not up to 3 star quality, no shower, just a tub. The toilet never completely flushed. The pool had green water and debris. I did not even try the hot tub. I was very disappointed in the overall appearance and cleanliness of the hotel. The sheets had holes in them. Breakfast left a lot to be desired. Orbitz did refund my two nights. I will say that both front desk clerks who helped me were friendly and helpful. Through no fault of their own, the roads surrounding the hotel were all under construction and it was difficult to get around. It appeared that construction would be ongoing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We too took advantage of the Groupon Deal that this placed offered, so we decided to stay there on St. Patty's Day weekend and do some touristy Tucson attractions. The location itself is bizarre to get to, it is along the highway but far enough to not see the cars at all or hear the noise really. We checked in on Saturday, no wait, was helped by a young lady that was very nice and a little overwhelmed as she was the only one on duty at the time.

We opted for the King bed option, however at the time of reservation we were told that all the regular kings were taken due to a wedding and a sporting event going on. So we were upgraded us to the king courtyard suite which was extremely nice of them to do. Ample amounts of parking, the grounds were well maintained, and there were loads of staff everywhere. Our room faced the jacuzzi area and a large grassy area which the wedding was taken place right then and there. We unpacked, had a look around, the room was very clean with no noticeable stains. The bed was in perfect condition, and was very comfortable. The bathroom structure was really outdated, the room decor was also a little old, but to us those things don't really matter. The outside patio is accessed by anyone, so you will have people walking by the door, at least in the room we stayed in. I noticed after walking the premises that there might be private patios? The walls are paper thin, which means, we heard EVERY door slamming (there is no way to close it quietly from the outside), you hear people in the hall, in their rooms and outside, even the housekeeping in the mornings. Another drawback was, no matter how much you cover the patio door from light getting in, it still does. The lights are permanently on outside and cannot be turned off. It comes out all along the top and bottom, so if you’re someone that needs complete darkness to sleep, like my husband, you will struggle. He did not sleep well because of this the entire weekend, which is a pity because the bed was very comfortable.

A quick check of the pool, it was cleaned as well as the jacuzzi. The pool wasn't heated, but maybe they turn it off in March? There is plenty of seating outside, even a small fire pit area. I noticed the tennis court and shuffle board sections, no one was using them. The lobby was very nice; they have the cafe right there as well. Our first night in we ate and drank here, but with all the wedding stuff going on and just overall being busy, we had an extremely long wait for food. It did not go unnoticed though, they comped us some of our drinks and discounted our bill. We had no other plans that night so it wasn't an issue, it also helped that the bartenders were very friendly and professional. Brandon did an exceptional job of taking care of us! The food was great, and they even had happy hour prices for certain items!
We asked if there was something we can walk to eat or grab dessert within 10 minutes or so for the next night, we were told of a couple of places but never got a chance to do so. There is a bridge that is currently being worked on, so there was some construction but it never was a disturbance.

In the morning on Sunday it was a nightmare for the breakfast rush, we went on the last 45minutes thinking it would have been to our advantage…it was not. They change the breakfast routine each day, but there will always be the staples such as pastries, cereal, and waffle maker with batter. There was potatoes, eggs, ham and grits which I personally didn’t like any of it. We waited about 30 minutes or so for the waffles, everyone wants to wait in that line and there is only one machine. The batter ran out, so we waited longer to get more. They came out with the runniest batter which made the waffles stick to the machine and you had to pry it off in pieces as there was no spray to use either. We ended up eating the rest of our breakfast in line while we waited for the waffle machine. The second day, it wasn’t nearly as busy and it didn’t take much time to wait for the waffles. The eggs were better since they were made with cheese and sausage, and tortillas as an option to make burritos. The juices were extremely watered down, never tried the coffee, I noticed that the yogurt and peaches were always empty both days. The breakfast staff may come across as rude, but they are hustling and bustling to keep the food from running out.

There were soda and snack machines available all around, they also provide forgotten items such as toothbrushes, but not toothpaste. The pools closed either at 10 or 11pm, most places were wheelchair accessible. The hallway to our room is outside, which means, that it does get lots of leaves and debris from the grounds blowing in there constantly. Why it would be carpeted, that I don’t know.

But just as most of these reviews can agree on with customer service, it really is great. I wonder if I would be writing a different review if I didn’t get the upgraded room, I read the reviews before purchasing my Groupon and it sounds maybe people had the standard rooms? We were very fortunate to have this great room and experience; I just wouldn’t pay the normal prices they charge here though.

Room Tip: The courtyard room was very nice. Look for Groupon Deals.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We recently stayed at the Arizona Riverpark Inn for 4 nights. We very much enjoyed our stay, but I am writing this to commend one of the staff. A young man named JOSE who works at the front desk was exceptional and I am hoping his supervisor will see this. As the "face of the company", he had a great attitude, friendly smile, and made us feel welcome. He was so personable. He took the time to learn our name, helped us patiently with any hotel services we requested, was knowledgeable about the area, and just gave us the feeling that were were receiving the best service possible. We also enjoyed the pool, jacuzzi, restaurant, and the room was comfortable.
We would definitely return for another stay. LZepeda

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mesa, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We checked into the Arizona Riverpark Inn today around 4pm. We checked out around 5:15. When we entered the room, it had a gross, musty smell. We turned on the air conditioner hoping that would help the smell. All that did was make an obscene amount of noise.

One of the main reasons we were tempted to buy this groupon was the heated pool and jacuzzi, so we changed into our swimsuits and headed outside. We found the pool to be dirty and full of dead bugs. The jacuzzi was slightly cleaner but there was a large colony of ants around the edge so you could not even lean back and get comfortable. After just a little while, we headed back to the room.

We decided to take showers to rinse off the chlorine. I was horrified to discover when we got out of the shower that all of the bathroom towels had some degree of stains on them. It was revolting!

We got dressed and sat on the rock hard bed while deciding what to do. The room still smelled awful and the air conditioner was still making a horrendous racket. While we were deciding, we listened to our neighbors flush the toilet and start up the shower. We decided at that point to check out. We returned the bottle of cheap screw top wine that came with our Groupon and left.

This was supposed to be a romantic getaway for our first anniversary. We drove 2 hours to get there and spent less than an hour and a half there before fleeing. We much preferred driving another 2 hours tonight to be able to sleep in our own bed than to stay there.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the hotel just did not live up to the description and pictures on the Groupon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Maricopa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The pictures looked nicer than the hotel actually was. At first I was disappointed but the rooms were clean, the breakfast was fine and the staff was very friendly. I would stay again if in the area. Good for the price.

Room Tip: It doesn't look like a very good area for walking but it is fine to sleep.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Groupon had a special and the description of deluxe guest rooms sounded good. Very disappointed. The heater in our room did not work properly, chair was ripped, bedspread dirty and over all run down appearance. For four of us, I believe there was one shampoo, one soap. The staff were very friendly and helpful, but that does not make up for the poor condition of the rooms. I would not use deluxe to describe the accomodations.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Arizona Riverpark Inn? Share your experiences!