“Very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Arizona
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Groupon had a special and the description of deluxe guest rooms sounded good. Very disappointed. The heater in our room did not work properly, chair was ripped, bedspread dirty and over all run down appearance. For four of us, I believe there was one shampoo, one soap. The staff were very friendly and helpful, but that does not make up for the poor condition of the rooms. I would not use deluxe to describe the accomodations.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was here for 33 days for the Gem show. It had to have been a huge load for the staff and I think they performed very well. Their breakfasts are very good. They sometimes sell out so call for a reservation.

Room Tip: Call for an reservation because they are sometimes sold out.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Figured I was in trouble when a semi with a crane attached started working outside my room at 8:30 pm when I called the front dest they claimed to know nothing about it and did nothing to stop the construction that continued wel into the night.

Rooms are dingy and old with torn and dirty furnature paper thin walls that you can hear everything going on outside your room and every door slamming down the hall

If this is the last room in Tucson stay in your car or sleep on a park bench it will be quieter and you will have a better nights rest than staying here.

Room Tip: Call the Mariott that's where we are moving to tomorrow
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Santa Clara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed here three nights at the end off Nov 2012 and on the third morning of my stay I found a bedbug crawling in my bed!!! Yuck. I caught the bug and reported it to the hotel. They didn't seem terribly concerned. This place is pretty old and run down and I would say moderately clean, so I am not terribly surprised, but I have never encountered bed bugs before so I was thoroughly disgusted. I would never stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Jill W, General Manager at Arizona Riverpark Inn, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
I am very sorry you felt that the staff did not seem terribly concerned of your situation that is not at all how we intended you to feel. When you called the Front Desk, he immediately called our Housekeeping Manager who went to your room to inspect and he also called me, even though I was not on the property. You stated that you were here 3 nights and you found them on the morning you were checking out and that you had not obviously seen anything prior to that. You asked if we would wash all of your clothes and put them into clean plastic bags which my staff did for you. Unfortunately these bugs are brought into hotels by other guests and we are not allowed to inspect everyone’s luggage prior to check in. Housekeeping does inspect our rooms as they clean them. There were many rooms rented with your group with no other complaints. Some of the finest hotels and resorts have this same problem. I am sorry that you experienced this during your stay with us and want you to know that this is something we take very seriously and have taken the proper steps to correct it.
Escondido, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

First of all,when we checked in,they gave us a king room but on the second level. We had reserved a downstairs courtyard room but they said they were out of those courtyard rooms. After we had made a reservation months in advance! They could have honored our reservation and give us the room we wanted. And they charged us the same rate but we had found out that the second level rooms were cheaper. But it was too late to find another hotel. So we stayed there. The pros of the room: the bed was comfortable,the tv was okay,the internet was fine.
The cons: the faucet handles were very difficult to move from hot to cold and in between.
the shower head could have been better.Ever heard of shower massage by
Waterpik?? It wouldnt hurt to spend more money on shower heads.
I tried to use the heater function in the room from the wall unit.
As soon as i turned it on,it smelled terrible!! So i turned it off right away!!
Either service the heater function or install brand new wall units.
Those would be some suggestions for this hotel.
The breakfast was okay.Could have used more variety in their selection of
items. Other than my suggestions,the stay was pleasant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Douglas, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Love staying here! Everyone is extremely nice and the breakfast is good! We have stayed here in the past and have always been our first choice when we visit the Tucson area. The choices of activites is also impresive especially the tennis courts and the bar area outside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed for three nights. The room was a good size and everything within it worked well. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was disappointing although the quantity could be whatever you wanted, there was no fresh fruit and the eggs were over-cooked. The bar has very restricted opening times as has the restaurant where the menu is good for one night only. If you are coming to/from the airport don’t forget to take into account the cost of transport, but if you are driving and can find you way off the interstate highway there is plenty of parking space. The downtown area of Tucson is a short walk away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Arizona Riverpark Inn? Share your experiences!