“Just another meal under the stars” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,070 of 1,684 restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Leawood, Kansas
“Just another meal under the stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We've made two Friday evening trips for dinner at Shooter's Steakhouse during the two weeks we've been in town. Clearly, we went a second time because we had such a great time during the first trip!

Shooters, on a Friday night, is just a wonderful place to take your date, which in my case was my bride of nearly four years. On both visits, we chose to dine on the patio where we could enjoy a wonderful singer/songwriter, Andy Hersey. The patio seating offers plenty of space, yet the opportunity to be close enough to the entertainment to offer your song requests in an almost conversational level.

Meanwhile, the helpful wait staff will bring over a propane pole heater if you need one, and are ever attentive without being annoying. We were surprised to find the wine list to include a favorite brand, but also surprised to find a short list of local microbrews.

For dinner, we all enjoyed affordable yet generous sandwiches or chili. For our vegetarian friends, the choice was a shared appetizer tray. My Rueben and my port tenderloin on respective weeks were just fine. My wife's Friday night fish special was also well received.

I haven't dined on the inside, but noted a very western flair, including the traditional but well lit pool table. By far, most of the diners were enjoying the music and evening air on the patio.

I'll only be in town two more weeks, and there is no doubt I'll visit Shooters on another Friday evening. I guess, from a guy's perspective, it's a pretty romantic date. My wife agrees wholeheartedly!

Tips:

Live entertainment is Friday starting at 6pm on the patio if weather permits.

Likes:
Pretty easy to get to Shooters from the Catalina Foothills area.
Friday entertainment
Pleasant wait staff
Very affordable

Could do better:
You have to make your own handicapped accessible parking in the striped area near the front of the place.

• Visited January 2012