“clean comfortable accommodations for those on a budget” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Tucson North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Tucson North
Motel 6 Tucson North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4630 W Ina Rd, I-10 at Exit 248/Ina Rd, Tucson, AZ 85741   |
Ranked #89 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Santa Maria, California
“clean comfortable accommodations for those on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in April. The room was very simple but clean and spacious. the bed was comfortable with a Serta mattress. Room had a mini fridge and microwave. I was here alone for 2 nights until my husband arrived and I felt safe. the hotel has interior corridors which was a plus. The staff was friendly and helpful. plenty of free parking and wifi for 3.00 a day. I did hear train noises my first night until I kept my fan on low all night and listend to the white noise instead after that I didn't hear the trains anymore. The pool area was kept very nice but I couldn't get all the way in...due to the fact that it is not heated and the water was too cold! There are several restaurants in walking distance. A pleasant experience. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: stay as far away from the freeway as possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Buckeye, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Pros: Beautiful hotel, good size rooms, clean & comfortable beds, very affordable and the most accommodating & amazing staff ever! Also close to restaurants & easy access to the freeway. Cons: Trains run all night (sounding their whistles), no hair dryers or shampoo in the rooms and the outside security doors don't lock.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, this may not be the hotel for you.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I came here due the outside feature looks very nice. I rented to stay for 3 nights. it was late when I rented. The room says very clear "NON-smoking room". The room smell so bad due the tobacco smell, that my cloths has to be washed next day. The blanket and the towels look that are no wash everyday, the same with the blanket so I decided with my cloth on. I made complain and the only thing they said was "Sorry" They did not want to change the room, so I cancelled my stay in here ( I could not cancel my second night due I went to work really early). The swimming pool did not work at all. The hall smell just, tobacco and more tobacco. This is the place to stay when you have no choice to find another place.

Room Tip: Dont stay here just only for an emergency.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights there didnt even notice trains, rooms were clean beds were cozy did laundry went for a swim . Had adequate truck parking staff was friendly. Had killer dinner from next door will definitely return

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were on our way through Tucson expecting to stay with relatives but when that didn't work out, we looked for lodging. The only problem was, the gem and mineral show was in town and no one had any rooms left--except Motel 6. I think we may have gotten the last room available in Tucson! The desk clerk apologized for the inflated price, explaining about the gem and mineral show. The train noise didn't bother me. I grew up close to tracks so that wasn't the problem. The biggest problem was the cigarette smell in the room. There was an ashtray on the bedside table with the no smoking logo on it. Then the window was rigged in a very non-professional way so that it would only open about 6 inches. We were on the second floor so I wondered what that was all about. So we couldn't get much fresh air in the room. Then I loved the beer bottle opener screwed into the granite counter in the bathroom. Ha Ha Ha--I guess the desk got tired of people asking for openers! You gotta laugh!
It was clean at least.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Guelph, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

If one is going to build a hotel only a hundred yards from a busy train line, one should ensure that the walls and windows offer sufficient sound proofing. This Motel 6 offers none. Other reviewers have mentioned that there is a sign by the check-in desk warning of the train noise. Neither my wife or I saw that sign (It was late in the evening, and we'd driven for hours). What made things worse was that it was also a very blustery night, and the gusts of wind caused the air conditioner grill to howl. We had very little sleep that night. Even taking noise out of the equation, the room was not clean (even though it stank of industrial strength cleaning products), with chip crumbs by the bed, and what we think was toothpaste smeared on the blanket. So in summery, this Motel 6 is noisy, dirty and is not in a particularly nice location. We got the heck out of there first in the morning and found somewhere much nicer, costing not much more, by the airport!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

First off, there is a train track right by the motel and there is a sign at the front desk warning people. I grew up around trains, so the train noise didn't bother me at all, but it is something to consider. Great location. Close to everything. The room was nice, bed was not bad, the shower was awesome. The water pressure was amazing. Overall, a good place to stay. Not as low cost as some Motel 6 but low cost for the area.

Room Tip: If you are used to trains, it isn't a problem
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Tucson North? Share your experiences!