“Good rate....but that's it! ” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Tucson - Congress Street
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   960 S Fwy, Tucson, AZ 85745   |
Ranked #115 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Good rate....but that's it! ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

The receptionist gave us 10% off for Valentines days. The TV didn't work, the bed was lumpy. I payed extra for Internet that could not handle a netflix stream. The next morning I was woken up at 6am with lots of kids playing in the courtyard. Time to check out and find a different hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Just needed a place to lay my head for a few hours and this place was very adequate. Room was clean and quiet. The attendant at the front dest was more than helpful and the customer service was exceptional for a motel of this price range!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Mount Tamborine, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Nothing special about this place.
The guy behind the front desk looked like he'd had a hard day? But I must say he warmed up a bit and was helpful with an area map.
Free WiFi, just as well because it didn't work in our room.I did pick up a bit of a signal near the pool.
It looks like there might be a few permanent residents here, small BBQ's outside peoples doors etc.
The room was OK, no smells, it was clean and they shower worked well.
As for being a shady neighborhood? I don't think the local residents would be to glad to hear about that :-)
Best thing about the place is there's a Denny's just up the road and a Waffle House as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We just needed a place to sleep late at night and it served its purpose. Getting there was confusing. It was in a really shady neighborhood and I'm glad that we were able to park under a streetlight. There were no bugs in the room, but the room stank and I refused to walk around barefoot. Thankfully the a/c worked well. Oh and no water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed August 2013
Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

When we arrived no one was in the office and when he came out it seemed like we annoyed him, gee it was only 5pm. We got our non smoking room with WIFI ( which we had to pay for). The stairs were firlthy stucco was falling off, paint peeling off the wood as well. The tv inside our room was fine about the only thing that worked. The shower needed to be reglazed as there were pieces of it missing. The back of the toliet tank was cracked and there was dirt along the baseboards of the entire room. The heater was so noisey we couldnt have it on and watched tv at the same time. There was a ash tray in our room that was suppose to for non smokers. The towels were paper think and in need of cleaning. the bedspread had cigarette burns on it the sheets were stained and filthy. The bed was so hard and uncomfortable worst nights sleep. The pillows if thats what they were more like flat rocks were terrible. The next morning my husband and I were so happy to get away from that motel. The outside doing the day was in disgusting shape as well. never again at this location and we have stayed a few motel 6 but this was HORRIBLE

Room Tip: keep driving away from this place, spend a little more money.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

after driving 7 hours from California I checked into Motel 6 at 960 S Freeway, Tuscon, AZ... I was given incorrect information about the internet service that was provided, the pillowcases were inside out so I called reception to let them know, they gave me another code for the internet and said they would let housekeeping know about the pillow cases. There was also an ashtray in a supposedly non smoking room which let her (Tiffany) know also)... My 7 year old son and I both fell asleep around 8pm. At 10.20 there was loud knocking on our door which woke me up. It was a 'security guard' who was insisting that I need to open the door and speak with her. I pulled back the curtains and she couild clearly see that I was in my pj's and I informed her that we were sleeping and I would not open the door unless she could give me a valid reason which she did not. I called up the front desk and spoke with Tiffany who said that it was fine she would let the security guard know that she was not needed. I then got back into bed... 2 minutes later the security guard CALLS ME, starts telling me that if I have any further small complaints they will boot me out of the hotel. She was extremely rude and behaving in a threatening manner. I called the police who came about half an hour later. The police office came to my room after going to reception first despite that fact that it was I who called THEM as I felt threatened. And she informed me that they were asking me to leave the premises. By this time it was after 11pm. My 7yo son was fast asleep, I had to wake him up, go and get a refund for TWO of the three nights I had paid for as they refused to issue me one for tonight and find another Hotel. I am ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED at being treated in such a manner. I have stayed in HUNDREDS of Motels and have NEVER been treated so badly. I asked the Hotel Manager to make sure the CCTV footage was saved so that when I go to a lawyer about this we will have all of those conversations on tape! That security guard should be ASHAMED of herself for treating people so badly. Had she come to my door and asked if everything was okay, I would have responded yes it was (we WERE sleeping) and she could have gone on her way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nogales, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been at this motel for 4 nights now and plan on staying another week. All in all, it's ok. The staff is friendly and the service is decent. One of the clerks even helped me push my car when it broke down. Something most motel workers won't do. On the downside, there is a homeless fellow who wanders around the place during the day, apparently with the staff's implicit consent. Also, I encountered a doper smoking weed a couple of doors down several times. They don't really police the place. The weekly rates sort of suck too. They want $262 for a week and they tack on Motel 6's perennial Wi-Fi charge of $3.20. In effect, you are paying $285 for a week. But they do accept dogs and with an APBT, that is great. Lots of turnover, very few permanent guests and cleanliness is a plus.

Room Tip: Best rooms appear to be on the north side or next to the pool if that's your game.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Tucson - Congress Street? Share your experiences!