“Do Not ever stay at this Hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Tucson - Congress Street
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   960 S Fwy, Tucson, AZ 85745   |
Ranked #109 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Do Not ever stay at this Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

after driving 7 hours from California I checked into Motel 6 at 960 S Freeway, Tuscon, AZ... I was given incorrect information about the internet service that was provided, the pillowcases were inside out so I called reception to let them know, they gave me another code for the internet and said they would let housekeeping know about the pillow cases. There was also an ashtray in a supposedly non smoking room which let her (Tiffany) know also)... My 7 year old son and I both fell asleep around 8pm. At 10.20 there was loud knocking on our door which woke me up. It was a 'security guard' who was insisting that I need to open the door and speak with her. I pulled back the curtains and she couild clearly see that I was in my pj's and I informed her that we were sleeping and I would not open the door unless she could give me a valid reason which she did not. I called up the front desk and spoke with Tiffany who said that it was fine she would let the security guard know that she was not needed. I then got back into bed... 2 minutes later the security guard CALLS ME, starts telling me that if I have any further small complaints they will boot me out of the hotel. She was extremely rude and behaving in a threatening manner. I called the police who came about half an hour later. The police office came to my room after going to reception first despite that fact that it was I who called THEM as I felt threatened. And she informed me that they were asking me to leave the premises. By this time it was after 11pm. My 7yo son was fast asleep, I had to wake him up, go and get a refund for TWO of the three nights I had paid for as they refused to issue me one for tonight and find another Hotel. I am ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED at being treated in such a manner. I have stayed in HUNDREDS of Motels and have NEVER been treated so badly. I asked the Hotel Manager to make sure the CCTV footage was saved so that when I go to a lawyer about this we will have all of those conversations on tape! That security guard should be ASHAMED of herself for treating people so badly. Had she come to my door and asked if everything was okay, I would have responded yes it was (we WERE sleeping) and she could have gone on her way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nogales, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been at this motel for 4 nights now and plan on staying another week. All in all, it's ok. The staff is friendly and the service is decent. One of the clerks even helped me push my car when it broke down. Something most motel workers won't do. On the downside, there is a homeless fellow who wanders around the place during the day, apparently with the staff's implicit consent. Also, I encountered a doper smoking weed a couple of doors down several times. They don't really police the place. The weekly rates sort of suck too. They want $262 for a week and they tack on Motel 6's perennial Wi-Fi charge of $3.20. In effect, you are paying $285 for a week. But they do accept dogs and with an APBT, that is great. Lots of turnover, very few permanent guests and cleanliness is a plus.

Room Tip: Best rooms appear to be on the north side or next to the pool if that's your game.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Show Low, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I had to travel to Tucson to attend a funeral, my family booked this room because it was close to the freeway thinking it would be easy to get around....It is a BAD location..Homeless people everywhere and the staff who take care of this motel didn't even speak english. The first night they had a party in the adjacent building and the music was so loud we couldn't sleep plus there were illegals attending this party and they were everwhere..I even had a drunk knocking on my door at 2am looking for his room!!! The pool was filthy and you couldn't get in it...The water didn't work right and the A/C unit smelled as though someone used it as a cat box! I will never stay here again...gross gross gross

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Simi Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

since it was just me and my son, we were in town for the BMX race, this particular M6 seemed like a good idea, we travel to different races in the west, and we have noticed that M6's can vary quite a bit.

Our out the door price was 100 bucks for the weekend, two queens.

After checking in, putting our stuff in the room, and heading off to the races, we came back and realized that the electronic lock was broken, and anyone could have opened the door, all they had to do was turn the handle It looked as if it had been tampered with.

We got another room, which sucked even more, I realized the next night that the window wasnt locked, and again, anyone could have entered by just pushing the waist high window open.

Lots of young folk from the mexican state of Sonora come up to party in Tucson, they can be found wandering the premisis after the bars close, going room to room, laughing and carrying on. I didnt find them disrespectful, they were always shushing each other, but apparently this is a known place to them that has cheap rooms, and they were all over, including the parking lot, until dawn.

My son and I both have crew cuts,and yet we noticed real long hair in our beds, could have been housekeeping, could have been previous guests

all of the people who worked their were nice, and our stay wasnt horrible, just a little un-nerving haveing to different rooms that were easily accessible if you knew what to look for. It served as a reminder to always secure your room brfore venturing out

We spoke with friends who stayed at the hotel arizona, which was within walking distance of the convention center, ad in the complimentary breakfast, and daily parking that I had to pay , for just a couple of bucks more, we could have stayed there for the same price.

As much as I hate to give a bad review, I thinkthere are better choices, even up and down the street.

Stayed August 2009
Hopefully somewhere I want to be
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

If you are looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay with economy in mind, this Motel 6 may be the place for you. My wife and I stayed comfortably. In staying at a Motel 6 we were of course not looking for the most luxurious stay available. We were quite pleased with the quiet area in which this motel was located. The motel itself is right off of the frontage road/ freeway. Vehicle noise did not seem to be a problem of note for us. Parking was available even during a crazy time such as this with the Gem and Mineral Show. The room was clean, including the restroom. Despite construction, which the hotel cannot avoid, travelling was easy. Watch out for the sudden changes in speed limits! We got pulled over for going 40 in a 25; this was of course our mistake, not noticing the sign, but a caveat to the rest of you. Ana is a great employee whom greets guests and takes reservations at the front desk. The staff in general were nice, friendly, and helpful. I have no regrets from staying here, I would do it again. We had a reservation for one price and upon our arrival found that a lower price was available. Ana had no problems in giving us the lower/ appropriate rate.

• Liked — The price and location.
  • Disliked — Extreme price jump during a "Special Event"
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
All Over The Silver State
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

First off: I've stayed at several Motel 6 properties, so I know it's not the Ritz. You can reasonably expect a clean, comfortable, fairly small room, a decent TV with a good selection of channels, soap, and towels. Most locations now offer high speed internet at a low price. That's it. Often times that's enough, especially for the price.
This property, while not horrible, was not up to the Motel 6 standard. My lady friend found dirt and nail clippings on the floor by her side of the bed. The shower head sprayed water into the bathroom (I reported this, but for some reason they could not fix it before we left).
The local TV stations came in poorly (we were told that the the TV provider had changed the channels of the local stations. The TV's were not programmed to reflect this). The fan pumped either cold or hot air into the room - no middle ground. The location was poor - nothing of interest anywhere near. we checked in after 2 A.M. and I was awakened twice before noon (Motel 6 does not provide Do Not Disturb signs).
As I said, though, not horrible. The desk staff was very nice, if a bit overwhelmed. The room was quiet, even though it faced a busy Interstate 10. Many of the other customers were there for a dog show (with dogs in their possesion) but we never heard a sound.
A little more upkeep and this would be a good location for folks passing through. If you're staying a while and are on a budget, check out Motel 6's other Tucson locations.

• Liked — Price, Internet access.
  • Disliked — Location, condition.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Tucson - Congress Street? Share your experiences!