“Good food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Wasn't a huge fan of this restaurant. The food was ok, service was good. We had a long wait for a table, then another long wait to be served.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Better Than Average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This place didn't look like much, with cyclone fencing around part of the parking lot. Guess something was under construction. However the food was much better than average. I had the beef enchiladas and the wife had fish tacos. The enchiladas were better than most Mexican places in Tucson, which is a pretty high standard. The atmosphere is garage-chic, which is different, though you couldn't call it elegant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Stevens, Washington
“Interesting place with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We found it in the parking lot of the Tucson Mall. We hit during the busy time and there was an initial mix-up with out adult beverage. It was discovered and the waiter was very sorry. The food came in a flash once that was worked out, and it was very good. I had the Chile Releno (sp) and was surprised with the size of the pepper and the amount of chicken it contained. The décor is very "garage", loved it. The bathroom is worth a look if nothing else. Fine staff and food in an interesting location. I enjoyed my meal.

• Visited April 2013
tucson az
“Good news, bad news”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Good news bad news here. Good news is the food is good & reasonable priced. Bad news is the service was spotty. We were there around 4 pm on Tuesday. I had a bleu flame burger & my dining partner wanted the Sirnoran hot dog. They were out of the dog but they were able to offer the mini dogs. Both were very tasty & filling. We even had leftovers. Probably because we also ordered the happy special of the Kustom Krisp. That was HUGE! We had the carclub (under $5). They did not go light just because it was on the happy hour menu! We were pleased with the food. The server just seemed inattentive, did not refill glass, we recieved the appetizer same time as the main meal, details like that. Would probably go back, just not soon.

• Visited March 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“No Such Thing As A Bad Taco Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm convinced it can't be done here - a bad taco, that is.
I've visited Sir Veza's Taco Garage a dozen times now - trying something new each time. And each time (lunch or dinner) I am met with pleasant greeting upon entering, a friendly server, a stress-free atmosphere, and a cute little garage rag napkin to wipe up the mess I create from faceplanting into all of their taco creations (whether kustom or garage style). I highly recommend the Most Interesting Veggies in the World on the appetizer menu to accentuate the gratis chips and salsa, and the passionfruit iced tea to wash it all down.
I understand they serve breakfast on the weekends from 10am-2pm, so this is now a new Sir Veza's Taco Garage mission for me and, hopefully, my fellow Tucsonans. The burrito reigns here. Additionally, read over the drink menu, even if you're not a drinker - and take a brief brief moment to understand the dedication involved in maintaining the estabishment. Once done, take a peek into the back room - quite possibly the coolest VIP room I have ever seen. If a film has not already been shot using that location, I would be greatly surprised. I'm not much of a drinker, nor a filmmaker, but after reading the menu and glimpsing the VIP room ... I could easily try both just for one night.

• Visited March 2013