“Marana stay update” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Gilbert, Arizona
“Marana stay update”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Excellent breakfast given by Hotel, rooms are extremely clean and everything worked perfect. Pool and spa were awesome. Walking distance to great fun sports bars and Dining. Staff is very friendly and helpful. All equipment new and worked perfect Would stay again anytime

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sagui B, Guest Relations at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am extremely delighted to hear all the wonderful feedback. It's good to know that my team and I are doing everything we can to make your stay enjoyable.

Aimie O.
Guest Relations
Comfort Inn & Suites
520-579-1099

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wasilla, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The front desk staff is extremely rude and treat you as though you should never bother them. The hotel manager is horrible. Her name is Sagui Barrow. She told me that since I had 3 kids, that was too many for a single room and I had to pay for another room. My kids are 8, 4 and 5 months. There is no way I would put them in a separate room. The pool was so nasty and the fire alarm in our room had to be fixed 2 different times. We had to go to the front desk just to get fresh towels. They told us they wouldn't bring them up, that if we wanted fresh towels we had to have the maids come in our room every day. I usually don't like having anyone go in my room when I am not there with all my stuff, that is why we didn't always get clean towels. The breakfast was not that great, and if they ran out of things, the maids who hardly spoke english just told you "there is no more." Then checkout is at 11 am, they shut our floors a/c units off at 9:30 am saying they were doing maintenance on them, so if we didn't like it, check out early! I will never stay at this horrid place ever again! Highly recommend you don't either!

Room Tip: Just pay a few more extra dollars and book with Holiday Inn!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sagui B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We hope that you find alternate lodging that is more suited to your family’s needs on your future travels. Thank you for taking the time to write a response on our hotel so that we may better serve our guests.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This hotel was picked primarily for the price because it was not a destination point for us, but rather a place to sleep while passing through the area. It turned out to be a pleasant surprise because the room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. Check in was quick and efficient. The location is excellent because it is walking distance to a couple of nice restaurants. When we are traveling we like to relax in the evenings and walk to dinner. The area is well lit and safe for walking in the evening. There is free internet service available, as well as a free breakfast. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a 2nd floor room that overlooked the pool. Other than that, there is really nothing great to...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive response to our hotel. We are very glad you were able to relax and enjoy our rooms and the local area. Please visit us again the next time you are passing through the area.
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The man behind the front desk was very helpful and the manager gave me a gift that is so appreciated. I have a neck problem and had been staying in hotels for two weeks in other areas while traveling. The pillow I used at this hotel was awesome. For the first time in months I had a great night of continuous sleep. I asked at the front desk if I could purchase the exact pillow since I have tried so many with no success. He checked with the manager and she said I could have it at no charge since it helped me so much. I used it the rest of my trip (another one and one-half weeks) while I continued to travel and am now using it EVERY night at home. My neck issue has been resolved and I am so grateful to this generous manager. I will definitely stay there again the next time I'm in the Tucson area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sagui B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
We are so happy you got great sleep with us and after. I'm glad the pillow helped out!
Thanks so much for the great response.
Happy travels to you on behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Inn & Suites.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Would be nice to have English speaking employees. Clean rooms not just wipe down and change all bedding. Found make up on pillows and stains on covers.tv not work cable goes out .rooms smell like smoke. Housekeeper talking very loudly in Spanish in hallways.

• Stayed April 2014
It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for your response as this will help up fine tune our services for our guests.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Super friendly staff and the manager, Yvonne, was awesome to deal with and exceeded our expectations after a minor discrepancy with our check-in.
The atmosphere as soon as you walked in was welcoming with the smell of freshly baked cookies, a cozy, nicely furnished seating area and ice water dispenser. The breakfast was awesome, hot, freshly cooked eggs, sausages, potatoes, a large variety of cereals, breads, yogurt, fresh cut up fruit and variety of juices. Nice outdoor pool/hot tub area too. The rooms were nicely decorated and up to date, comfy beds and bedding.
All around a great place to stay and as we checked out the desk attendant offered us bottled water for our drive, a nice touch to end an already great stay.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back of the hotel away from the traffic, only noise one night was kids playing i...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sagui B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and good review. We hope to see you the next time you come through Tucson.
MORENO VALLEY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

What I like: newer hotel nicely decorated and kept up. Spacious room with couch/sitting area, mini fridge, microwave, big flat screen with lots of TV stations.

If you typically need help to get online at a hotel, or want to have an AppleTV or other box connected, forget it. Wi-Fi helpline here is useless. I called it on Friday night at 6:30, had to leave a message, and never received a call back by the time I checked out Monday morning. Several staff members in the hotel suggested their Wi-Fi helpline was terrible 'they don't call back'. If I can't watch Netflix and games through my AppleTV, I don't want to be here! I'll be back in Tucson five or six times this year but I'm sure I can find a nice hotel like this that actually has good Wi-Fi service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!