“Warm Food, little flavor - Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #547 of 1,702 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Caribbean
AZ
“Warm Food, little flavor - Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I ate here for lunch a few days ago and were very disappointed with our order. I ordered the jerk chicken, it was warm not hot and had no flavor. He had the curry chicken which was OK. that's all. Would not recommend this restaurant.

Visited August 2012

Vail, Arizona
“Disappointing overall, but the sorrel is a great drink.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

It smelled so good upon entering the restaurant that my taste buds gave off a little "rev". My friend hadn't arrived so I ordered a drink called sorrel -- the waitress described it as being from a flower similar to hibiscus with sugar and ginger added. Excellent drink .. very refreshing and rather tart.

We ordered two plates, one with the Jerk Chicken and the other the Chicken curry. I was disappointed in both chicken dishes. The jerk chicken was not particularly spicy and had no kick to it and the curry chicken was very bland. Neither of the dishes was served piping hot and I always have a concern when the food temps are off. The rice was good but could have used more sauce on it. The fried plantain was excellent. But the veggies (cabbage mixture) were tasteless and not at the proper temp. I also was disappointed in the festival. I've always had it served piping hot and this was room temp and very greasy.

We tried the rum cake for desert and found it flavorful and very moist.

I'm willing to give this another try .. maybe it was an off day. But, food temps are critical!! We used to eat quite often at a killer good Jamaican restaurant in Houston and CeeDee's is pale in comparison.

However, I could make a meal just on plantains and the sorrel drink.

• Visited October 2011