“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Clean and quiet rooms. Very friendly staff. Excellent price for the quality of the facility. Breakfast is just average and the A/C was a little noisy but these small issues did not detract from our enjoyment of the hotel. We stayed here one night on tour of the southwest and do not know how convenient the location is for someone spending more time in Tucson but it was a perfect way-point on our trip from San Diego to Carlsbad, NM.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Amber H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I appreciate your taking the time to provide great feedback about your experiences at our hotel. I’m pleased to know that overall you enjoyed yourselves while traveling through Tucson. I would like to follow up with you about your average breakfast experience and tell you that it is our goal to exceed your expectations and I’m sorry to hear that we fell shy of this important goal. If I may, I would like to talk with you more about your breakfast experience and pin-point some specifics with you about what we can do to make our breakfast something to remember. We are always looking for ways to improve on our complimentary hot breakfast buffet, so if you feel inclined please email me at tps.tuswc.gm@marriott.com so that we may discuss it. Thank you again for choosing the TownePlace Suites Williams Center and We hope to see you again soon!

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. I checked in from June 12th through June 17 2013. Staff was very friendly throughout my stay. Not only do they greet you each time you enter and exit the hotel, when you see staff in the hallways they also offer a friendly word or 2. The hotel was completely sold out during our stay but we never felt neglected. The hotel is the cleanest I have stayed at in a long time. I cannot find one thing to complain about. Another nice thing was the location. They had every major restaurant and shopping store within 5 minutes of the hotel. Loved it and will stay here every summer when I travel to Tucson.

Room Tip: We had a king bed with sofa bed. There was a full kithcen. The bathroom was huge and super duper cle...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. My staff and I are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations when you stayed with us in June. We take great pride in ensuring each and every guest gets 110% of our best and I’m happy to know that we’ve succeeded in this goal. We will be waiting to welcome you back next summer when you return to the Tucson heat, and the TownePlace Suites.

Wheatland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The staff was wonderful. We stayed for nearly 2 weeks and were greeted everyday with a smile. All of our questions were answered and the staff seemed very knowledgeable about the area. The morning breakfast staff was outstanding and the breakfast was always stocked and hot. We only ate dinner there once and found the food that night very good as well. Be careful, evening meals go quick so you must be prompt in order to get a meal at dinner time because it was very good. The pool was used by our kids nightly and we found it very clean with a great atmosphere. The WIFI was quick and easy to hook to. The hotel was quiet and it made for a great relaxing stay while there. Room was very clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Tucson.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Amber H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback and review our hotel for other travelers. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your two week long stay with us, and I’m even more delighted to know that my staff was able to assist you with any and all questions that you may have had. It is our goal to exceed your expectations, and I’m pleased that we have exceeded yours. To follow up on your Social Hour experience, I’d like to take this opportunity to share with you some wonderful changes happening at the TownePlace Suites. To start things off, we have adjusted our complimentary evening menu and are now pleased to offer a rotating monthly menu that rolls out July 1st 2013. This monthly rotating menu will include new items like BBQ Pulled Pork sandwiches, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Chicken Parmesan, and much more. I hope your travels bring you to Tucson again, to not only taste our delicious new menu items, but to welcome you back to the TownePlace Suites Family.

Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Room with no fresh air (A/C or heat only, no vent option, windows hermetically sealed), in a small industrial complex with one restaurant within easy walking distance (there may be more, but it's dark, late, and very confusing). Next morning: breakfast for a gluten-intolerant person is some egg-product thing (no one on staff knows ingredients), or juice (4 kinds, nice), or artificial yogurt wanna-be stuff. Or green banana, shrivelled orange. Figure go to lobby to get out of stale air - nope, mopping the floors (wonderful eau to mix with breakfast) and trimming off the flowers off all plants outside with loud 2-stroke blasters of some sort. Room is, to be fair, absolutely huge. Bed is huge. Desk is huge. Kitchen is huge and stocked with utensils (why washable here, but styrofoam in b'fast serving area? Every room has a dishwasher, why styrofoam downstairs???). Refrigerator is huge. Bathroom is huge. This is the size of apartments I've lived in. But I'm trapped! Wired option is very fast, didn't tried wireless. Water cooler in excersize room - looked like a spring-water jug, was hopeful since tap water is awful here...nope, refilled with tap water. blech. (I hate buying little bottles of water, I need to drink lots.... and there's no convenience store - there's *nothing* nearby!).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Amber H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and review our hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for the far below standard experience you had at the TownePlace Suites Tucson Williams Centre. As you can see from other traveler’s reviews, this is not the standard service nor experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves on offering great service and amenities to our guests. I would like to respond to a few of your points about your experience in order to offer additional feedback. The yogurt we serve is Marriott Standard Dannon light & fit yogurt, I’m sorry you did not find it to your liking. I also would like to apologize that my staff was not able to offer the ingredients of our egg product, I will use this as an opportunity to continue to train them. In regards to the water in the workout room. Please rest assured that this is not filled with tap water. This is delivered bi-weekly from Culligan Water in sealed bottles. I do apologize if it tasted the same as our tap water, but I can assure you this is not the case. Our newly built hotel is in a small office complex in the city centre, with many restaurants and shops a short walk away; I do apologize that my staff did not direct you to one of these, or offer our complimentary shuttle to drive you there. This lack of service initiative also provides a great training opportunity for me to use with the staff.
I would like the opportunity to talk to you more about your stay and a chance to make up for your bad experience. Please contact me directly at the hotel, at 520-747-0720 or amber.harkin@marriott.com so we can discuss this in person.
Mts of western NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is the place to stay and it is priced right. A little tough to find but access isn't a problem. A large clean, quiet room with a kitchen too. A wall mounted thermostat was a nice feature although the a/c does blow on the bed. Savanna was extremely friendly and is a real treasure at the front desk. She made us feel extremely comfortable. There are two elevators which is a real plus with no waiting. Parking is a bit tight when crowded but the area appears quite safe. A delightful stay and it is unfortunate it was just one night. All our Tuscon stays in the past have been 3 nights or so. We'll know where to stay next time. It makes for a perfect base for all your sightseeing. Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
so. cal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I drive back and forth from CT to southern CA several times a year with my 2 pretty large and very hairy Australian Shepherds. I have always made Residence Inns my first choice when traveling with the dogs. I had thought that RI was the highest end of the "dog hotels" that Marriott offered....and I've been really disappointed over the past several years with the lousy RI's I'm encountering. I am presently at the TownePlace in Tucson and chose this hotel because they offer king beds (not all RI's have kings), it's proximity to the 10 and also the good reviews I found here. Let me tell you, this is the nicest Marriott dog-friendly hotel I have ever stayed in! I am very surprised - and thrilled - all around with everything so far. I had an absolutely horrible allergy attack the entire drive to Tucson from Newport Beach, CA - about 8 hours of total misery. I "crawled" to the front desk when I arrived and when greeted by the front desk manager, I think I just sneezed and snuffled (I really don't remember exactly as I was out of it!) - he immediately offered me a Claritan (allergy med), went to the shop and got it along with a nice cold water to take it with. Very kind and very much appreciated gesture. A great start to my stay. The hotel looks brand new. The room as large, king bed (very comfortable), good quality pillows, new everything (it appears), bathrooms much higher quality than any Residence Inn I've stayed at. And the a/c unit did not sound like a freight train next to the bed like most RI's.......Very quiet and peaceful. Breakfast not remarkable. Exterior of the building well lit, clean and taken care of -- unfortunately, no grass for the doggies though but, hey, it's the desert.....although my New England pooches are very much into grass to do their.....duties. Overall, a fantastic, much needed restful one-night stay. I am now sold on TownePlace Suites and will be looking more closely at this Marriott chain when plotting out my next cross-country road trip......

Room Tip: beware of major road construction on the main road off of the I-10 E to get here -- Broadway
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Amber H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your candid review of our property and taking the time to review us for other travelers. I am so glad to hear that our hotel and staff was able to introduce you to the newest member of the Marriott Extended Stay Family- and that you will be looking for more TownePlace Suites in your future travels! It sounds like you had as perfect a night as you could after your drive through the dusty desert- and I’m so glad to hear that Jonathan, our front desk team member, was able to take care of you and your four-legged travel companions so well! To follow up on your breakfast experience- TownePlace Suites is still looking for ways to improve our breakfast experience and offerings for our guests. I ask you to further share with me what would make breakfast more enjoyable and a better meal for you? If you would like to share more please feel free to contact me at the hotel or respond to my comments.

Thanks Again,
Amber Harkin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

From the moment we arrived,our stay was perfect. My husband and I along with our large Newfoundland dog Hershey were welcomed with courtesy, friendliness....and....dog biscuits! The room was cozy but had a very adequate kitchen. The bed was comfortable and both the room and hotel were exceptionally clean. Parking was very accessible and very sufficient. On our first morning we awoke to take advantage of the exercise room...then we headed to breakfast with an outside eating area to accommodate us and Hershey. Breakfast was better than many "inclusive" ones we have had and we enjoyed it immensely. The large pool was tempting to Hershey who loves water but had a nice security gate. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone ..both with or without their dog.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hershey & Family,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and comments. We enjoyed meeting your entire family while you were here. The staff continued to talk about you after your departure and share what a friendly dog you were with all those who didn't get the chance to meet you! I hope your travels bring you all back through Tucson again, as we would all like to welcome you back to the TownePlace Suites Family anytime. We will have biscuits waiting!

Amber & Staff

Been to TownePlace Suites Tucson Williams Centre? Share your experiences!