“Surprisingly Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Austin, Texas
“Surprisingly Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Quick stopover in Tucson and this location was easy, central, and the right price. Property was new and in excellent condition. Great central location. Staff had room held in exact area requested in reservation. When they advised about breakfast I informed tat we would be leaving prior to service (left at 5AM). They asked what time and suggested that they would pack us a breakfast to go and have it at the front desk. At 5:00AM I picked up three bags with fruit, yogurt, and a bagel w/cream cheese in each. Additionally, the young lady at the desk advised tat coffee was already available for us. Outstanding service with a smile! Congrats to this property for understanding how to breed loyalty. I will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Amber H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us! I am so pleased to hear that my staff took such great care of you, and were successful in helping you to continue to choose Marriott! Jonathan at the desk when you checked in is really a wonderful asset to our hotel and the care he showed you I hear about time and time again. This initiative to take care of guests is hard to find-Thank you for recognizing his efforts! See you next time you are in Tucson!

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very nice hotel. Comfortable rooms with a nice patio area outside. I did not have a car but there are restaurants, shopping and even a Target within walking distance. The lobby was very clean and inviting. The breakfast was nothing to write home about, but it got the job done. Overall, it was a great choice and I would not hesitate to stay there again the next time I visit Tucson.

Room Tip: I did ask for a higher floor away from the parking lot because I'm a light sleeper
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed here for an evening prior to interviewing for residency. Great experience here--from entering the hotel, it is nicely organized and clean from the lobbies to the hotel rooms and bathrooms with granite countertops. There is a Manager's reception Tues-Thurs. 5:30p-7:00p where they serve hot dogs, hamburgers, beer, and wine. It was very nice and I didn't have to pay for dinner for an evening! Would definitely stay here again, and other Town place suites in the future! Located near broadway, which is the main street that runs downtown. I found everything to be easily accessible from this location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Excellent hotel. Very well appointed room and incredible kitchen. Nothing is missing. It made us feel as if we were at home. On a long trip it is nice to stay here: we cooked our meals instead of going to the restaurant.
Nice breakfast area and a good choice of items.
Good location with shops in the neightbourhood.
Helpful staff.
I agree with the other reviews: excellent value!

Room Tip: We prefer non-connecting rooms. Quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed here because I wanted to see what it was like to stay in a hotel that gets all 5s on Trip Advisor! Those 5s are very well-deserved. From the moment you walk in, this hotel just screams superior! I don’t often stay at TownPlace Suites, but I am going to start staying at them because this one was so great. The girl at the front desk was super nice. She was very helpful and friendly.

This hotel is only a year old. It seems brand new. Everything was so clean and fresh and wonderful. My room was fantastic, I hated leaving it every day. There was a full kitchen, big bathroom, and big living space. The bed was clean and so comfortable.

The breakfast in the mornings was delicious. All the breads, muffins, cereals, etc., and also a lot of hot items. The breakfast area was kept clean and well-stocked. In the lobby there is a business center where you can use one of 2 computers they have there for guests.

This area is a corporate area. There’s a Target within walking distance, but I really didn’t notice if there were restaurants within walking distance. It’s on a main road through Tucson. Great location for me. If you've come to go to Saguaro National Park, that's a bit of a drive. That's why I was here. It was about a 30 - 45 minute drive. But, it's far out in the desert, so I think that would be how long it would take from anywhere in the downtown area.

There was a big laundry room with coin-operated washers and dryers. There is also plenty of free parking and free, speedy wi-fi.

Overall fantastic stay. And, again, I see why it gets great reviews; I can’t wait to stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Amber H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I'm so excited to hear that your stay and experience lived up to the reviews you read online! Our staff really loves our property and takes pride in welcoming each guest to our family. I'm grateful you were able to experience that for yourself. Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review- I will be sure to share it with the rest of my staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tucson and welcoming you back to the TownePlace Suites family!

Best Regards,
Amber Harkin
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here for 6 weeks straight and absolutely LOVED it. The staff was the best that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Full course breakfast each morning and dinner tues-thursday was sooooo delicious. 'in a pinch' market had great selections. A little pricey on the market food but well worth it. Target is down the street and a few local restaurants as well. Jonathan was such a great person but of course the whole staff was. Definitely the best hotel to stay in. The rooms were so comfortable and the kitchen was perfect. All the amenities that you would hope for in a suite. LOVED IT.

Room Tip: get a room with a big computer desk :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ms. Foster,

Thank you so much for your kind words. You and your crew are certainly missed around the hotel. Guests such as yourself really make it possible to have that "home away from home" feel you described. You all became part of the family and we are all glad you were here! I hope your transition back to Tucson as your home is going well!

Best Regards,
Amber Harkin
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had two rooms for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Hotel is clean, quiet and all employees we came in contact with were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again if we are back in Tucson.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Tucson Williams Centre? Share your experiences!