“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Hermosillo, Mexico
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This property hasnt let us down not even once!! Whenever we go shopping to tucson, we always stay here, its really close to tucson mall and great restaurants! The restaurant where breakfast is served is lovely, I LOVE having breakfast there, great views and great food! The rooms are always really clean, I love the decoration! All rooms have spacious balconies, and the views to the mountains are great! The beds are too comfortable, its always hard to get up!! This property has everything we need. We always have a pleasant stay in here, I've nothing negative to say! We'll continue to stay here for the future in our shopping trips :)!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed here from Feb. 22 - 25 2013. The hotel was very clean. It has a very southwest decor. The grounds were very well kept as well. Yes, the rooms are not new like some big chains but that does not mean it is bad. The service was better than we have experienced most everywhere else we have been in recent years.

The breakfast was very good. It is listed as Continental Breakfast but this was much more. They had hot scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, diced potatoes, toast and bagels, fresh muffins, a choice of cold cereals, milk, coffee, orange and apple juice. This was much better than we expected. They kept everything full so there was always fresh hot food. This was served in the hotel restaurant just off of the lobby.

We had a receptacle that shorted out in our room and they promptly repaired it. One night the room next to us had people with two small barking dogs. This was so bad that we didn't think we would sleep. It was late when the people came back and the hotel got them to keep the dogs quiet for the night and the hotel had them leave next morning.

My kids really enjoyed the heated pool every night. The pool was vacuumed every day.

We really enjoyed our stay and will stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 102 which is on the inside lower level facing the courtyard close to the pool. You...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I called to make a reservation at La Posada because I would be attending a 5-day workshop there in March. The "gentleman" taking the reservation was unbelievably rude. He flat out refused to honor the group rate negotiated by the event coordinator. I actually had to give up because he was so uncooperative. After hanging up, I took a few minutes to regroup, then called again, hoping to get someone else. No such luck. He was borderline abusive on the phone and it took the caterer to intercede before I finally got the reservation at the group rate I'd been quoted. I was so distressed by this treatment that I decided to make a reservation at a different hotel and cancel my reservation at La Posada (especially after seeing other reviews about staff rudeness). When I called a week later to cancel my reservation, I was put on hold (same guy) for almost 10 minutes, while I listened to their lovely recording about how I can expect that great Southwestern hospitality when I come to stay at their wonderful hotel. I hung up and called back and the guy didn't even say anything this time -- he just put me back on hold. I called a third time before finally being able to cancel the reservation, and he refused to give me any sort of confirmation (a code, an email --anything) that would confirm he'd really cancelled it. This guy is a real piece of work.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Peeples Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed 2 days in one of the Casitas. Heater had only hot or off. Had to turn off to sleep because of the heat and no blanket on bed. No fan in restroom, need I tell you how that smelled throughout the room. As we were leaving and I picked up the "comment card" and noticed there was a breakfast offered, no information was given to me when checking in or in the room. We will never stay at this place again!!

Room Tip: Make sure check in person gives you written hotel services.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed in Casita #1 over the Christmas holiday 2012. The room was clean and comfortable but a bit dated and funky. The grounds are beautiful and the pool was fun, it was heated and the kids really enjoyed swimming outside in December.

We were disappointed with the breakfast, it was drinks (coffee, tea, juices) and prepackaged muffins, nothing hot to eat.

Overall, it was a good value and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Casita #1 has the server for the rest of the casitas. At times, the fan was a bit loud. I would as...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Here is what we liked: the beds, the pillows, the pool and the hot tub. Grounds were clean, room was reasonably clean and the front desk help is wonderful. Big ol' new flat screen TV but of course, crappy cable input.
This is not a cheap motel and they advertise breakfast with the room rate. The first time we stayed they gave us a coupon to stroll next door to the Hampton for a hot breakfast buffet. It was great. This past weekend the "breakfast" was in a small room off the lobby. It consisted of orange water, coco puffs or lucky charms, white bread and the winning touch? Coffee, but No cups. you were welcome to drink it out of you coco puff bowl. Incredible.
Our son goes to school in Tucson, we will be frequent visitors but will look for another place to stay if the breakfast deal isn't worked out.

Room Tip: Parking lot level rooms are a little nicer.
Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

It was once great. Yes, has character, and the remains of original decorative SouthWest extravagance. Those were the days, long ago, when the sheets and towels were new and the rollers on the patio doors still worked. Modern touches have been added, small microwave works if you just keep pushing the start button, and a mini fridge which really works: froze all of our food. Service seems to be a one man show, but he was friendly and worked hard. It seems this is a place for the economy choice on tour selections, but note there are no discounts. But, hey, if you are from back east and want to play out west, go for it, it's not a chain. Note: There are dogs. The grounds are well kept but very small to share with large dogs. Best thing there: Magnificent specimens of rock and minerals. Dont miss the framed photo above mantle in the lobby. If available the casita is worth the extra. Note, handicap rooms do not have balcony. Night shy is magnificent with the city in the far distance and the dark Tucson night sky has stars, so get a room with a balcony door that opens.

Room Tip: Casita does not have road noise but will have outdoor "music" until about 9.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Posada Lodge and Casitas? Share your experiences!