“A Truly Pet Friendly Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6020 West Hospitality Rd, Tucson, AZ 85743   |
Ranked #40 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Wilmington, North Carolina
“A Truly Pet Friendly Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

This trip was our 3rd to this hotel as a stopover point and the location is excellent with many restaurants in the area. This is a pet friendly hotel and we always request a room on the gound floor. The staff is outstanding and always try to accomodate any request. The rooms are large with a refrigerator and microwave.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kingman,AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

We selected this La Quinta over other local hotels after our phone and personnel conversations with manager Frank Lunden as the primary hotel for my daughters wedding guests and our family. He was very helpful and worked hard to get the right rooms to meet our needs and to price within our budget. Staff were very accomodating and helpful about getting rooms cleaned when needed. The place was clean,adequate parking and home for a week ! I really appreciated Franks helpful we can do it, what do you need attitude .
Thx
Rob Grumbles

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

I cancelled the reservation here due to service recd at another LQ. I have my cancellation number and it was 72hrs before the expected arrival.. They charged us anyway. I called hotel four times kept getting a run around finally called lq headquarters who say they are going to check on it.. I finally gave up and called my bank to dispute charge. We travel alot as a family and will never stay at LQ's again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
lq6092gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana, responded to this review, August 31, 2010
Jennifer; Thank you for using tripadvisor.com :)
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your reservtions with our hotel.

As you know, when guests use a credit card to make reservations, we (the hotel) agree not to re-sell the room pending their anticapated arrival. In this cae, your guaranteed room was held throughtout the night.
And, while our customer relations file confirms your guaranteed room reservation, our customer relations team hasn't been able to find a cancellation number.
These numbers are provided for our guests' protection because they confirm their cancellation request. They're important numbers, becasue without one we cannot credit an account.
In order to avoid similar problems in the future, it's essential that you obtain a cancellation number whenever you cancel a room reservation. It's also a good idea to write down when you called and the name of the person with whom you spoke with. This information will help you resolve billing disputes.
I am sorry I'm unable to do more for you. However, if you can provide a cancellation number please contact me immediately so I can review this matter further.

Respectfully,

Frank Lundin
Euless, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

This property located easily off I-10 was my best thought for a LaQuinta when traveling through Tucson. When I arrived, I was expecting the friendly guest service greeting I have received at almost all the other La Quintas I have stayed in on this trip, but that was quickly found not to be correct. The person at the desk would not even look up at me, and was somewhat rude in his approach to dealing with me. In addition, he stopped the check in process at least three times to answer the phone and instead of asking them to hold, dealt with them prior to returning to check me in. When I say dealt with them, he actually stopped checking me in to take reservations twice! You should take your customers in order I was first and he was already working on checking me in and now I stood thier for an additional 15 minutes while he took reservations. Sory, that just really disturbed me. Finally I got to go to my room. It was fair to average in comparison to the others I have stayed in on this trip. The bedding appeared to be older and the pillows flat. I could definetly hear everythiing going on in the room over me head as they what sounded to be stomping everywhere they went. Finally got to go to sleep around 11 ish so I got some sleep before having to be up at 5 a.m. Went down for breakfast at 6a.m. and nothing was really set out and what was set out I was not permitted to touch for another 30 minutes I was told the manager gave STRICT dorections about not serving before the set time. I didn't have the extra time to wait so I was on the road without eatting. Sorry, but I won't be back, their are plenty of other hotels on the same corner I will probably pick one of those on my return trip.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

A two night stay in a super comfy king room. The friendly manager assisted in finding the perfect restaurant and with local information. In room WIFI allowed me to check mail and make calls. A great stay, with great room, and great service.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your loyalty and continued trust in us :) We love seeing you, your wife, Patty, and Vigo on your monthly trips to Tucson!
Thanks again Major!
We look forward to serving you and your wonderful family soon :)

Frank Lundin
Cadillac, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

We stayed here for five nights and I was disappointed in the breakfast offerings compared to all the other similar hotels we stayed at as we drove around the midwest and southwest of the United States for three weeks. The La Quinta had the ubiquitous waffle maker but did not have any diabetic syrup (which I found at many other hotels) and the juice machine selection consisted of orange juice and apple juice with two waters. Even the milk "selection" was limited to 2% only. I think for a few dollars a day (at the most) the breakfast offerings could be greatly enhanced.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Southern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

I was extremely disappointed in the level of service I received from the general manager here, Frank. I am not one to normally take the time to review properties or products online, but felt compelled to write about my experience with this hotel. Frank went out of his way to be unhelpful and safe to say, rude when I tried making reservations using a La Quinta Rewards certificate (these certificates are not coupons, but actual free night rewards sponsored by La Quinta that do not have a laundry list of restrictions or black out dates). His logic was not to honor the certificate because one, he wasn't forced to, and two, because he would not make that much money off of the certificate because Corporate La Quinta doesn’t reimburse the full amount for the rooms. I kindly reminded Frank that since the hotel was nowhere near being sold out, being reimbursed for any amount was more than nothing with the thinking that common sense would prevail. But this only made him dig his heels in further regarding his refusal to honor the certificates. In order to be as detailed as possible regarding this situation, the phone bank reservation center made it clear that it was Frank's call on whether to honor the certificates or not and all he would need to do was make one phone call to a direct number to make this happen (they also let me know that his hotel was only booked at a little more than 50% capacity for the dates in question). Needless to say, he still refused to do anything, and at one point told me why don't you just use your certificate at a different La Quinta in Tucson. Customer service is the cornerstone of hotel management and when you are dealing with customers who are courteous and truly need your help that you can provide, you would think that you would do what was in your power to satisfy them. Frank clearly needs a refresher in this area of his management. Hopefully, if you do decide to stay at this hotel, you won’t have to deal with this manager or need his assistance with anything that might take any extra effort on his part.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana? Share your experiences!