“Never again” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #116 of 129 Hotels in Tucson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tucson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were very taken back by the low quality of this motel. There were no fitted sheets. We asked at the front desk and they said they did not have any. We told them how our sheets don't stay thus exposing the mattress - made for a very uncomfortable sleep. Also a chair with a big stain was in our room. We asked them why have it in the room when no one is going to sit on it. It was disgusting. At least they replaced it the next day with a clean one.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stay at this hotel any time I am in Tucson, the rooms are clean, and always priced reasonably. The front desk staff is always friendly and the housekeepers are great. Will defiantly stay here next time I am in Tucson.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Albany, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Not as nice as the Travelodge onApache Drive and Country Club in Mesa at all. Must so much nicer than the terrible Howard Johnson just a bit further south. Low price and friendly staff when we were there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Probably the worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune of staying at. After a long night of traveling we decided out of bad judgement to stay at travel lodge. We walked in and the lobby and staff looked alright. We were interrupted by a random sketchy Hispanic woman who asked the clerk if they had a restroom. He said Nope. She scurried out and when I got back to my car there was a suspicious puddle on the ground that was not there before. The hallway to my room was plagued with an overwhelming smell. The room had cracked walls everywhere, stains and nut shells (that I am allergic to) on the floor and old and dirty appliances. The window was clear open and any of the hoboes or other sketchy neighborhood dwellers could have climbed in. The bathroom was tiny but very clean, however everything was crooked and the paint was rough. I could hear somone pooping from another room while inside. (At least that was my hypothesis of the sound, may have been a flatulent ghost). Not suprisingly my sheets were full of strange fuzz, rough feeling spots that were stained etc. (slept in sleeping bags that were in my car). The room safe could not be opened and the buttons were covered in grime. One of the room chairs was covered in small white splotches. The mattresses were covered in stains that looked like a hybrid of dried blood and chocolate milk. (Thank you sleeping bags!) lamps were stained and bent. Grease like substance covered all of the appliances. Goo could be seen oozing from one of the drawers. The room door looked like it was borrowed from the state penitentiary, probably for good cause, and the light switches from your nearest service station.

I am writing this before going to bed so it is too early to say I survived. Best chances of sleeping are to sleep in a sleeping bag with your day clothing on.

Pros:
Good wifi and the clerk was tolerable.

Feels like you may get murdered here but that may be better than living with the experience for some.

Sights out the window:
The window has a nice view of another bad hotel, hobos and vagrants can be seen walking off the freeway as they proceded to pass by the hotel.

May be a good place for forensic students, fire crews looking for a burn and learn or people testing their newest cleaning products.
It was cheap but that should not justify anything about the quality.

stay away!

• Stayed December 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Well, at 39.99 I guess you get what you pay for. If it wasn't so late we would have moved. Dirty beds, floor, walls... just dirty everything. We decided to sleep in our clothes in our sleeping bags after requesting a set of clean sheets (which we had to out on ourselves, just do reveal a stained and dirty mattress pad).

Thin walls allowed unpleasant auditory experience of hearing every minute detail of the neighbor's bathroom use.

Wouldn't stay there again if they paid me to.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Travelodge Tucson? Share your experiences!