“A Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Yuma, Arizona, United States
“A Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went to Tucson for a university graduation and stayed at the Comfort Inn. We were very pleased with the accomodations. We booked 2 rooms and asked that they be close if possible. They put us directly accross the hall from each other. The rooms are large, clean and nice. It was quiet and the beds were very comfortable. There was free WiFi and a flat screen TV, refrigerator and microwave. In the morning, a complimentary breakfast included a make-your-own-waffle area, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt, cereal, pastries, toast, bagels, muffins etcetera, and a nice selection of hot and cold beverages. It is located right off the I10 and was very easy to find. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. they had freshly baked cookies and fresh fruit in the lobby for anyone who needed a snack. All in all, a very pleasant stay at a very good price. We will definately stay with them again.

Room Tip: The third floor room 312 had a great little kitchen area in it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Glenda M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tucson, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Peggy,

Glenda Moreno
Comfort Inn Grant Rd, Tucson AZ
520-547-1755

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hobbs, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Even though it is just off the freeway, it is quiet, Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, and other standard breakfast items. The room was very clean and roomy. I would stay here again, but at $80.00 it seemed a little pricey.

The only negative that I found was a $10.00 fee for incidentals that was not on my bill when I checked out. When I called, they said that the fee would be refunded to my credit card in 5 - 7 days. I wonder how many guests never think to their credit card statements for overcharges.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed 3 days for business. The rooms are spotless, well appointed and comfortable. The beds are like sleeping on a cloud. Staff is exeptional! Our work crew had to start early (5AM) the Breakfast Attendant went out of her way to make sure we had coffee and items available to
take with us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
austin tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Room and entire property was quite blah, plain, nothing special. There was a flat screen in my room. And microwave and fridge. Wedged inbetween the Holiday Inn Express and the Super 8, the parking lot is fine for cars, but difficult to park any trailer or truck. I would be a lot happier about my stay for about $20-$25 less.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Marlin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Clean, comfortable bed, reasonable price. We did not have time to eat breakfast as we left very early. The evening agent was very nice and handled check in very efficently. I would stay here agian if traveling in Tucson.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Staff was very pleasant, breakfast was good and good variety. We did not use pool or hot tub as they are outside and the weather was crappy. As others have noted it does need a freshening up! Need to expand front desk area as there were three of us checking in at once and it got pretty crowded. Would probably stay here again

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Anaheim, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I travel to Tucson about 20 nights per year visiting my daughter in college. I either stay at the Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn Express on Grant. Convenient access to I10. Usually the Comfort Inn is cheaper and so I stay there often. My most recent visit on September 21 was quite disappointing. The room is equipped with everything you need but the carpets are filthy and stained. There was new carpeting in the driveway waiting to be installed but it didn't look like it was for the entire hotel.The security latch on my door was broken when I checked-in and even though I reported it, it was not repaired yet when I checked out 3-4 days later. I probably will cancel my future reservations and pay the extra $$ to stay at the Holiday Inn Express next door. Breakfast is decent and included in the rates; cookies are available in the afternoon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Tucson? Share your experiences!