“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Hobbs, NM
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Even though it is just off the freeway, it is quiet, Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, and other standard breakfast items. The room was very clean and roomy. I would stay here again, but at $80.00 it seemed a little pricey.

The only negative that I found was a $10.00 fee for incidentals that was not on my bill when I checked out. When I called, they said that the fee would be refunded to my credit card in 5 - 7 days. I wonder how many guests never think to their credit card statements for overcharges.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed 3 days for business. The rooms are spotless, well appointed and comfortable. The beds are like sleeping on a cloud. Staff is exeptional! Our work crew had to start early (5AM) the Breakfast Attendant went out of her way to make sure we had coffee and items available to
take with us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
austin tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Room and entire property was quite blah, plain, nothing special. There was a flat screen in my room. And microwave and fridge. Wedged inbetween the Holiday Inn Express and the Super 8, the parking lot is fine for cars, but difficult to park any trailer or truck. I would be a lot happier about my stay for about $20-$25 less.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Marlin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Clean, comfortable bed, reasonable price. We did not have time to eat breakfast as we left very early. The evening agent was very nice and handled check in very efficently. I would stay here agian if traveling in Tucson.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Staff was very pleasant, breakfast was good and good variety. We did not use pool or hot tub as they are outside and the weather was crappy. As others have noted it does need a freshening up! Need to expand front desk area as there were three of us checking in at once and it got pretty crowded. Would probably stay here again

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Anaheim, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I travel to Tucson about 20 nights per year visiting my daughter in college. I either stay at the Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn Express on Grant. Convenient access to I10. Usually the Comfort Inn is cheaper and so I stay there often. My most recent visit on September 21 was quite disappointing. The room is equipped with everything you need but the carpets are filthy and stained. There was new carpeting in the driveway waiting to be installed but it didn't look like it was for the entire hotel.The security latch on my door was broken when I checked-in and even though I reported it, it was not repaired yet when I checked out 3-4 days later. I probably will cancel my future reservations and pay the extra $$ to stay at the Holiday Inn Express next door. Breakfast is decent and included in the rates; cookies are available in the afternoon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

i stay at choice hotels around 30 nights a year and this tops the worst in costomer service. The agent in the night was not well trained but was friendly and tried hard. The girl in the morning was bs ing with another employee while eating breakfast at a table in the breakfast area. not ok in my book. When she did come over to the desk she was rude and not helpful. i will avoid this on my next stay in Tuscon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Tucson? Share your experiences!