“Great deal for this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4940 W Ina Rd, Tucson, AZ 85743   |
Ranked #61 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Seattle
“Great deal for this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Of my many hotel stays over the years, this hotel offers the best value ever.

This hotel was cheap so I did not expect much. I was quite surprised that it was clean, the rooms were spacious, clean and very well furnished. The beds were very comfortable too. I did not ask but the hotel looked pretty new. It was conveniently located on Ina Road next to the freeway. Turn left on Ina Road, and there are lots of restaurants and shops. Turn right and you're not far from Saguaro National Park. The receptionist was professional and check in was smooth and fast.

Here are some ways the hotel can improve on:
1. wifi on the 4th floor was kind of weak.
2. have a biz center or a publicly accessible computer and printer so guests can check in flights and print boarding passes. The receptionist helped me with this at the counter.
3. include complimentary breakfast. The do offer a discount to a nearby Denny's.

For the low price, I can live with these 3 inconveniences.

If you do not need to stay in downtown and North Tucson is OK with you, you'll be pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I will definitely stay here again and again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the front side of the hotel. Rooms towards the back faces the freeway and my be nois...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding our Inn! We appreciate the feedback and we will share your positive review with the team. We appreciate sharing the room tips for future guests as well! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

i0244@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Thank you to Red Roof Inn North Tucson for a comfortable stay. Staff Patricia was very friendly and helpful getting my online booked date corrected. David was off duty and not only alerted me to a flat tire on my car but helped me change it. Staff that goes above and beyond the call of duty are not usual these days. Great job to the management for hiring and supporting great staff!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn and Staff. It's great to hear we went above and beyond your expectations during your stay! I hope you choose us again when traveling to the Tucson area.

Hemet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were just traveling through on the first leg of a cross country road trip and were looking for a clean budget hotel. We were pleasantly surprised at what a clean, well managed hotel it was. Check in was a breeze and we got a call shortly after from the front desk to make sure everything was working properly and to our liking. The room was fresh smelling, the carpets looked fairly new and the bathroom was clean. The bed had a mattress topper, making it very comfortable. It was definitely bare bones...no hair dryer, no coffee in room (you could get some in the office), but so worth the stay.

Room Tip: We were in room 151, there was a bit of outside noise but not enough to bother.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for the review of our property and staff! We appreciate the positive feedback and your review will be shared with the entire team. For a small upgrade you can have a deluxe double room or a superior king room which includes the microwave, refrigerator, and coffee! Thanks again and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My boyfriend & I just got back (today) from a 4 night stay at the Red Roof Inn Tucson North...and I must say it was an awesome time. We came for my high school reunion & when we arrived Patricia checked us in (she also worked nights the whole time we were there). She was so nice & helpful & absolutely hilarious. She was probably one of the highlights every night when we came in and saw her. The entire staff was wonderful as well. The room was clean, bed was super comfy, and it was just a nice relaxing stay. Literally cannot think of a single bad comment :-)

Room Tip: The superior has a fridge & microwave, in case like me you like those additions :-)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
WoW! thank you for the awesome review.... It's great to hear about our overnight staff being so awesome! Thanks again and please come visit us again soon....

Pemberton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My stay was very enjoyable. I was very pleased about the weekly rates, providing all amenities I required. I am on a limited income and enjoy visiting the desert. This hotel made it possible to do so.
Team member--Mandy, was very helpful in providing all my needs. She made sure I was comfortable and happy with my room and any changes I would need. She also did her best in answering my questions. At first, I wasn't sure I wanted to stay there--however she put my mind at rest about any concerns.
Her pleasant nature and dealings with people, make her an asset to the hotel.
Housekeeper, Helen, is also a great asset to the hotel. Her friendliness, and thorough work greatly added to the enjoyment of my stay.
These two ladies are KEEPERS!!
Thanks.

Room Tip: Rooms on side facing pool are quieter. Rooms on north side have sunsets.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our property! We are glad to hear that Mandy and Helen provided exceptional guest service during your stay. We hope you consider us again the next time you are in the area. Thank you also for posting room tips! it's very helpful to our future guests to hear from past guests.

Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Staying there 4 nights a week while working in Marana. Found it was very pleasant and Mandy was very professional and courteous while checking in and throughout my stay. Several restaurant's and shopping centers near. Location is next to freeway access and the price was very reasonable. I would recommend this this location for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If a freezer is necessary just advise at front desk at check in.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for the review and mentioning professional service from Mandy! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your return visit!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed at this property for 2 weeks and found it to be very satisfactory. It is in a great location and close to lots of shopping. There is a Denny's within walking distance, but you have a short drive to many other restaurants. There is a pool, but no shade so pretty hot on warmer days. The room we had was large and was equipped with a microwave and mini fridge. Housekeeping was a little erratic, but for the most part pretty good. The property is very busy, but really quiet. There is a really good laundry room and very reasonable. Staff was friendly and were very accommodating Good experience.

Room Tip: You are close to freeway so a room to the west might be a good choice
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us for several weeks! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our team members were helpful and friendly. Our first floor deluxe doubles are a great value with a refrigerator and microwave included and very convenient especially for our furry friends who need to come and go... Thank you again and we hope you visit us again!