“Great Overnight Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Fort Worth
“Great Overnight Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The room was very clean and comfortable. It was not a huge room and did not have a bible or writing paper but the staffs great customer service and the cleanliness more than made up for that. The flat screen TV was also a good thing because it took up little space. There were only about 6 or 7 channels to watch on the TV but that was OK as I only needed a clean bed to sleep in. Overall the hotel is a great deal and the room was very clean and every vending machine and ice machine worked well. The desk clerks and staff went out of their way to help everyone I saw while I was there and the coffee in the lobby was always hot. The area around the hotel was quiet and seemed like a safe area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our property! We hope you choose to visit us again the next time your travels bring you to the Tucson area!

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

When we booked the hotel, we were looking for a simple hotel where we could simply rest our heads for the night.

When my boyfriend and I had called, we were informed the hotel had been recently renovated.Judging from the pictures, we thought it looked very nice for staying overnight, we weren't asking for much. Whether or not it being a renovated hotel was actually true, there was no way to tell. The room looked very outdated compared to the pictures.

Some of the unappealing traits I found in the room was that our pillow cases had make-up stains, the comforter was in poor shape with holes in it, the hotel room had a strange odor, most of the black appliances had hand streaks all over them, and there were some red liquid stains that ran down the bathroom door.

For what we did like though:
We noticed the grounds were very well lit, they had security walking the halls which made us feel more comfortable and the service was very friendly! It was an easy check in and check out.

If they put just a bit more effort into the cleanliness of their rooms, I believe their customers would have a more pleasant stay. Until then, I am sad to say, I will not be returning. Good luck in your search!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback of our Inn. We appreciate hearing your comments which will help us to continue to improve our service and standards at our Inn. We look forward to your return in the near future!

I0244@redroof.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The photos of the hotel on their website are accurate. The hotel was very clean. The staff was very hospitable, friendly and ready to serve our needs. The rooms are very comfortable and reasonably prices. I will stay here again and will even try other Red Roof Inns based on this first experience. The only reason I did not give a five star is that their free Wi-Fi was slow. If they speed that up, it's a five star.

Room Tip: If you do not run the fan, AC, Heat while sleeping, you may want a room not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit!

i0244@redroof.com
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had driven all night from San Jose, California, 883 miles in 18 hours. I was exhausted and had lost the A/C adapter to my cell phone, so I couldn't charge my dead phone. Knowing that I had to have my phone to use the GPS for the rest of my trip to Texas, another 913 miles, I was planning on buying a new adapter. Hearing my plight, Mandy said she might have an adapter that would fit my phone. She checked me in and gave me a cart to bring in my luggage and my dog, while she looked for the adapter. Before I was done unpacking she gave me an A/C adapter that worked with my phone for free!! I was so grateful that I didn't have to run around Tucson trying to find this adapter!! I was able to got eat and sleep early w/o worrying. The room was clean and quiet, just what I needed to recooperate from a long journey across the desert!That is going the extra mile to be helpful. Thanks again Mandy!!

Room Tip: Dogs stay free!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We love to hear how our guest service representatives go above and beyond to assist guests. Mandy will be pleased to hear she was named in a review! Thank you again and please stop in next time your travels bring you to our area.

Deming, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The front desk employee seemed to try hard, Sorry I did not catch her name, but I was fried from the heat. (they also need to get their A/C working in that lobby). I had stayed at the Red Roof in Phoenix and was very impressed, had hopes that this motel would be the same. I had made a reservation for an upgraded room with micro and frig. When I got to the room with my luggage there was neither frig nor micro. I advised the clerk, she offered to move me or give a discount, being to hot and sticky I opted for the discount, however on check out the discount was not applied. The AM clerk on 7/7/2013 did issue another receipt with a credit. I have animal allergies so I did take an antihistamine as I could smell animal odors, however not overwhelming. I am rather neutral about this hotel, the price is very reasonable for just a quick stay. There are a couple of fast food places down the street, and a bunch of places a mile west off the freeway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our Inn! We are very sorry to hear your stay was not as expected. Please forward stay details and I will look into your situation and make it right. With your feedback, we can continue to improve our services. Thanks again and we look forward to your return in the near future.

I0244@redroof.com
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a very clean hotel and the price was just perfect.The at the front desk was very welcoming and helpful. She checked us in quickly, explained the area and helped to order us a taxi. The hotel is kept in very nice clean condition. I will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you very much for the review of our Inn. We are glad you found are property to be in a nice clean condition. Thea will be thrilled to hear she was mentioned in another review for being nice and helpfull. Thanks again and please stop in next time your travels bring you to the Marana, az area!

i0244@redroof.com
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Once again I stayed at the Res Roof inn. Quality and customer service are outstanding. Thea was very helpful and accommodating to meet mine and my companies needs. Very pleasant and easy to deal with. A+ for overall experience

• Stayed July 2013
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind review of our Inn. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your return!

(520) 744-8199

Been to Red Roof Inn Tucson North? Share your experiences!