“Very helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Gallatin
“Very helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel was clean and nice. The king room was spacious and the bed was comfy. There wasn't breakfast, but that isn't a big deal for us. The plus for us was the staff. Check in staff were helpful and friendly. When we checked out we asked directions to the Arizona Museum of the Desert and Dave at the front desk told us a scenic road to get to the Museum and made our trip more enjoyable. Thanks Dave!! Location was close to the attractions we wanted to see.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for the kind review of our Inn! David will be glad to hear he was mentioned in your review. We look forward to your return in the near future!

Dan & Team

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

First of all I got here by mistake , I actually booked Red Roof Inn Tucson South. I started having car problems and I was glad I got here. Dont buy a Pt Cruiser lol. Anyway they called Red Roof Inn South and got my reservation changed over. I checked in, got my car fixed and I was all peachy. I am tring to think of the pros to this place, it was just ok. The pool was dirty, looked like a farm pool had clops of trees and grass but WARM as bath water which was a plus. I noticed alot of mold all over the side of the hotel which was nasty looking. Like lots of it. No breakfast just a little coffee stand. I heard to take my key to Dennys door and could get 10 percent off. Right beside where the coffee was looked like a throw all junk room that once looked like a conference room, they should close the door for sure. The room the water leaked all night long in the shower, the sinks and the bathtub has really bad brown spots like a built in the early 80's run down motel. All dingy. The towels were crisp like sand paper, you could about exfoliate yourself while you dried. Really a ruff looking room to just been remodeled. You do get what you pay for. The bed was just ok, was a kinda, the comforter on top was super crunchy like the towels. The tv was flat screen but i swear it was the slowest tv I ever saw from channel to channel. Very irriating, I turned it off. The doors are on the inside which is nice and safe. Internet is so slow but I think thats a red roof inn thing, many I have stayed the internets really slow. Would I stay there again? If I had too, I think the Best Western looks much better. Its really close to Walmart, Inn and Out and a bunch of good places. Avoid room 426 unless you want to hear water all night and the crunchy towels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Inn.
I am sorry that your stay was not meet your satisfaction. If we had been made aware of any issue, I assure you we would have resolved them for you. During your stay we were making improvements including adding irons, ironing boards, and hair dryers for our Superior King rooms. I am sorry our public areas had deliveries for the upgrades. I hope you give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Dan & Team
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were staying at the Red Roof Inn Tucson North and had a room with no microwave or refrigerator and were looking to check out and move to another motel with the aminities we were looking for. The front desk clerk on duty Mandy overheard my family was thinking of leaving and going to another motel and she offered us a room with the aminities we wanted at the same price and got us moved right away. The room is nicer and we are very happy for Mandy's customer service in taking care of the customer. Hats off to Mandy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our Inn. Mandy will be glad to hear she was recognized for her above and beyond service. We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Daniel & Team
(520)744-88199
Jackson Hole
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was thrilled by the excellent customer service by Helen (the room steward) last time I visited!

This time, all was well, and at $8 more per night that Motel 6 in Blythe California (Yep, probably a good idea to consider changing the town's name to something that is not so descriptive) the night before; our $70/night at Red Roof was WAY better. It is idefinitely a budget place, no doubt, but pretty dang OK. Each time we visit our daughters & now grand-daughter, who live only a few miles away, we stay here...probably will next time as well.

I always need internet access for professional reasons, so this is the one reason I might need to find a different place next time. VERY slow, though a great opportunity to reminisce about 1995 Internet speeds! :) OMG, I am SO totally spoiled to be complaining about this, I know. lol

Thanks Red Roof & staff for another display of yoour clean, comfortable and helpful service.

Room Tip: The trains can be heard, but it is "cool" and "soothing" rather than "room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property a second time. Upgrading our WiFi service is one of our top priorities... I want to assure you we are in the process of making changes. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your third visit!

Daniel & Team
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The price was awesome. Easy to find. Close to freeway and shopping. We stay here on our visits to Tucson. Very pet friendly. Can't say enough about this place

• Stayed May 2012
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Hotel! We are very glad you found us friendly and helpfull. We work very hard to provide great guest service and appreciate being recognized for the effort. We are continually adding new items to the property. This month at the request of our guests we added new chairs to every room in the property! Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your next visit.

Daniel & Staff
Red Roof Inn Tucson North
I0244@redroof.com
(520)744-8199
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Our trip from AL to AZ started smooth, then we had car trouble, which delayed our trip for hours. Afraid our check in/reservations would be cancelled since it would be a late arrival, I called Red Roof and spoke with David (guest service rep). He eased our concerns, and reassured us we will be fine. We arrived in the wee hours of the morning after driving for 20+ hours straight. David welcomed us like vip guests & had us ready & checked in, under 5 minutes. His customer service was priceless. David offered us fresh hot coffee & we were to the point of collapse until we walked into the hotel. Our rooms were great & we slept like babies. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for the kind review of our Inn. David will be glad to hear he was mentioned in your review! Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Daniel S.
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very comfortable room if you just need to crash for the night. Only drawback for me was the lack of a table or desk in the room. Staff was great, especially MANDY, who made sure that I was comfortable in my room after I mentioned that I'm very sensitive to noises from air conditioners. Location is close to RR tracks, so there was some noise from passing trains. Good freeway location. Nice, little outdoor pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for the kind review of our Inn. We have all brand new chairs arriving this Month so on your next visit we will have them for you. Thank you for mentioning Mandy in your review she will be pleased to hear she is doing a great job.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

Daniel
(520)744-8199
i0244@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Tucson North? Share your experiences!