“Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Tucson, Arizona
“Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were staying at the Red Roof Inn Tucson North and had a room with no microwave or refrigerator and were looking to check out and move to another motel with the aminities we were looking for. The front desk clerk on duty Mandy overheard my family was thinking of leaving and going to another motel and she offered us a room with the aminities we wanted at the same price and got us moved right away. The room is nicer and we are very happy for Mandy's customer service in taking care of the customer. Hats off to Mandy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our Inn. Mandy will be glad to hear she was recognized for her above and beyond service. We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Daniel & Team
(520)744-88199

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Jackson Hole
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was thrilled by the excellent customer service by Helen (the room steward) last time I visited!

This time, all was well, and at $8 more per night that Motel 6 in Blythe California (Yep, probably a good idea to consider changing the town's name to something that is not so descriptive) the night before; our $70/night at Red Roof was WAY better. It is idefinitely a budget place, no doubt, but pretty dang OK. Each time we visit our daughters & now grand-daughter, who live only a few miles away, we stay here...probably will next time as well.

I always need internet access for professional reasons, so this is the one reason I might need to find a different place next time. VERY slow, though a great opportunity to reminisce about 1995 Internet speeds! :) OMG, I am SO totally spoiled to be complaining about this, I know. lol

Thanks Red Roof & staff for another display of yoour clean, comfortable and helpful service.

Room Tip: The trains can be heard, but it is "cool" and "soothing" rather than "room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property a second time. Upgrading our WiFi service is one of our top priorities... I want to assure you we are in the process of making changes. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your third visit!

Daniel & Team
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The price was awesome. Easy to find. Close to freeway and shopping. We stay here on our visits to Tucson. Very pet friendly. Can't say enough about this place

• Stayed May 2012
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Hotel! We are very glad you found us friendly and helpfull. We work very hard to provide great guest service and appreciate being recognized for the effort. We are continually adding new items to the property. This month at the request of our guests we added new chairs to every room in the property! Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your next visit.

Daniel & Staff
Red Roof Inn Tucson North
I0244@redroof.com
(520)744-8199
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Our trip from AL to AZ started smooth, then we had car trouble, which delayed our trip for hours. Afraid our check in/reservations would be cancelled since it would be a late arrival, I called Red Roof and spoke with David (guest service rep). He eased our concerns, and reassured us we will be fine. We arrived in the wee hours of the morning after driving for 20+ hours straight. David welcomed us like vip guests & had us ready & checked in, under 5 minutes. His customer service was priceless. David offered us fresh hot coffee & we were to the point of collapse until we walked into the hotel. Our rooms were great & we slept like babies. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for the kind review of our Inn. David will be glad to hear he was mentioned in your review! Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Daniel S.
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very comfortable room if you just need to crash for the night. Only drawback for me was the lack of a table or desk in the room. Staff was great, especially MANDY, who made sure that I was comfortable in my room after I mentioned that I'm very sensitive to noises from air conditioners. Location is close to RR tracks, so there was some noise from passing trains. Good freeway location. Nice, little outdoor pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for the kind review of our Inn. We have all brand new chairs arriving this Month so on your next visit we will have them for you. Thank you for mentioning Mandy in your review she will be pleased to hear she is doing a great job.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

(520)744-8199
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was looking for a low price in Tucson during a weekend in March. I couldn't score anything decent on Priceline or Hotwire, so I booked directly with Red Roof Inn.

My rating of this hotel is based on the fact that it is a budget hotel,
during high season, in Tucson. I did not give it four stars because it
is luxurious, but because of the value it represented on this trip. There was no other national brand hotel priced lower at the time, and even Priceline & Hotwire weren't any better. I probably would have
rated it as 3 stars (average budget hotel along an interstate), but the staff were all really nice and I slept well.

I got there about 1:20pm & the friendly girl at the front desk said she didn't know if any rooms were available. She said check-in time was at 3:00pm (their web site says it's 1:00 p.m. but I didn't bring that up). I sat in the lobby for just a few minutes using the free wifi, and she said
she found something on the second floor, which I took.

On their web site, it says that the rooms are "all new". From what I could tell, the flooring materials and furniture were new, and perhaps the rooms had been painted, but the air conditioner, bathroom sink, toilet, bathtub and plumbing fixtures seemed to be the same as when the building was built (1996 from what I could find on the internet). I would probably describe the rooms as remodeled, rather than "all new". There was a flat screen TV by Panasonic (32" I believe). Wifi worked fine in my room.

The bed was quite comfortable, and so were the pillows. The sheets and
linens were fine. There were "blackout curtains" which worked pretty
well. The windows behind the curtains were not all that clean,
unfortunately (either inside or outside). The windows *are* double-paned, which helps keep exterior noise down.

The air conditioner filter was very dirty. I had to take it out & rinse
it in the shower. The air conditioner and the filter are both very old
and the filter was falling apart so I had to be careful while cleaning
it so as not to damage it further. The caulking around the tub looked
pretty bad & it should have been removed & recaulked (it would have done
a world of good to make the room look better).

It was actually fairly quiet here. I didn't hear plumbing noise from
other rooms. There is a train that parallels the freeway, but the
tracks are on the other side of the freeway. I think the secret is to
get an odd-numbered room (as I did). Odd-numbered rooms face the south.

The train noise seems to be stronger on the north side of the building
because it bounces off the building & into a wall that's north of the
parking lot. I didn't get woken up by the train either night I stayed,
although a car alarm went off in the wee hours on Sunday. I could hear
the train faintly with the window closed and the air conditioner running
on the "fan only" mode. My best advice is to get a room that faces
south, and as far west as you can get. If you end up here with
Priceline or Hotwire, you will probably end up with one of the rooms
that gets that train noise as they would be the least desirable rooms
here.

I stayed in a standard room. There are "deluxe" rooms available that are about $10 more per night. I didn't see inside those rooms, but perhaps they are nicer. Those rooms apparently come with fridge, microwave, hair dryer & ironing board.

One last thing to note: the desk clerk told me that pets are allowed to
stay in any room, so keep that in mind if you have any pet allergies. I
only heard a few dog barks as I was walking down the hall, but I didn't
hear any once I was inside my room. The whole property is smoke-free.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms (south side), and get a room as far away from the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Red Roof Inn Tucson. I am glad you found the property to be a value especially during high season in Tucson. I will share your comments with the staff and we will get to work on the several items you brought to our attention. Thanks again and please consider us once again when traveling to the Tucson area.

Brea, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while touring on motorcycles. Nice hotel, big well furnished rooms all with no smoking. Location is good with circle K store and gas, and Denny's restaurant with in walking distance. The hotel maintenance was a little lacking, a light bulb and the smoke detector were missing in our room and the windows all were very dirty. Sleep was ok but get a room on the west side, there is a major train route to the east and the train horns blast all night.

Room Tip: Get room on west side, away from freeway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for the review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient. When you get a chance you can sign up for our redicard program so you can earn free nights at any Red Roof Inn! Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

i0244@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Tucson North? Share your experiences!