“Comfortable, but not fancy” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Tucson North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4940 W Ina Rd, Tucson, AZ 85743-8633   |
Ranked #51 of 127 Hotels in Tucson
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
“Comfortable, but not fancy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Needed a place to stay while visiting relatives in Tucson. The price was right, the rooms were clean, there was plenty of hot water, and the beds were acceptable. The tub area could have used some updating and a little more maintenance

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our property. I am glad you found our Inn to be a comfortable place to spend the night. Next visit you can try our Superior King Room which includes a work desk and rolling chair, coffee, and a Microfridge. We look forward to serving you again the next time your travels bring you to the Tucson area.

520-744-8199

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My first priority in a hotel is usually the quality of my sleep, and this Red Roof Inn did not meet my expectations, even for a budget hotel. My room smelled overwhelmingly of a fruity air freshener which was pretty nauseating. Fortunately, the window opened, but it was hours before the smell diminished, even with window fully open. I was reluctant to request a different room without the smell be cause the very very friendly and helpful woman who checked me in had searched for this room for me, changing the room she'd originally assigned, in order to get me to the"quiet " side of the hotel, away from the train. Well, it was probably louder on the other side of the hotel, but even from my room( even after I had closed the window), the sound of the train kept waking me. Add to that the rather uncomfortable bed, and a faucet that was loose on the sink, and I had the overall impression, based on this one room, that the place was in need of a makeover. On the plus side, easy access from I-10, the friendly staff, location was good for my needs, and they accept pets.

Room Tip: You certainly don't want to be on the noisy side!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Tucson North. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Daniel Slattery
(520) 744-8199
mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed here recently for several days. The building is really nice. Seems they upgraded my room to a business king but paid the regular price. Room was huge and recently remodeled. Room was clean.

Housekeeping service was spotty. One day they forgot to leave hand towels. Also they didn't seem to clean the bathroom sink.

There is definitely train noise here all night that few have written about--you need to keep the room fan on "high" to drown it out.

Overall the pros outweighed the cons and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the Superior King room. The room comes with a refrigerator, microwave, coffee, and a large corner workstation with rolling chair.

I am sorry we missed your hand towels one day I will let the housekeeper know. The train noise certainly is our most common comment, I am glad you figured out how to drown out the noise. The railroad is adding a second track and our overpass is being modified over the next several years so it will get better!

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.
Vegas baby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Let me start by saying that this rating and review are based strictly on a comparison of this Red Roof Inn with other budget properties. To compare a Red Roof Inn with the Marriott Palm Desert would be absurd, so I prefer to do a loose categorization based on my expectations of budget versus luxury. Ok, there’s my disclaimer.

As I walked in to the lobby of this Red Roof Inn I noticed a poster that claimed this property to be the newest remodel in the chain. I’ve only stayed at Red Roofs a handful of times in my life and have never been very impressed so I took the sign with a grain of salt. They have usually been truck stop kind of places where things are so grungy you’re almost afraid to touch anything. Based on the location of this Red Roof I was sure I was in for the same experience. I felt a little better when I saw the sign at the parking lot entrance that said “No Semis”.

The lobby is pretty simple as you would expect at a budget joint. They do have a free coffee bar with multiple coffees, sweeteners and creamers and a small dining/meeting room off the lobby. The pool is clean, heated and easily accessible with handicapped entry equipment. The hallways are very simple with not much in the way of décor, but what struck me is there was no bad smell. More times than not in budget properties the hallways smell like someone burned food in one of the rooms. That wasn’t the case here.

Like the hallways, my room was pretty simple as well but definitely updated. The carpets are all new and the wet area of the bathroom has nice Pergo flooring. The old box TVs have been replaced with nice flat screens and the bed was surprisingly comfortable with decent pillows and bedding. Don’t get me wrong, they aren’t the “Heavenly Bed” you sleep in at a Westin, but they aren’t too bad. I don’t sleep well away from home and I slept 9 hours straight. For me that is highly unusual.

A couple things to know; this is a pet friendly hotel. There is no pet smell, yet. That is subject to change over time. Next, it’s still a Red Roof Inn. As updated as it may be you will always have folks like the ones I experienced as I hit the parking lot to check in. They had a small open fire burning in the desert next to the parking lot and they appeared to be making S’mores. These scenes don’t necessarily bother me because I come from a long line of hillbillies, but if you’re a member of the “tea & crumpets” crowd please be ready.

BTW, the Priceline deal was about $29 per night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the kind review of our Inn. I am glad we met your expectations during your stay. We are proud to offer a great room at a great price and great customer service. I am glad you found our Hotel to be odor free. Preventing odor is one of our top goals for the year since we went 100% smoke free. Thanks again for your comments and please stop by again when you are in the area!

Castleton, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I accidently left a necklace there, expecting to never see it again. Mandy from Red Roof Inn mailed it to me promptly. I actually was staying in Scottsdale, when I made the call to Red Roof Inn and told them that I was going to be returning home that very next day. It was also a holiday that monday, so she sent it out and I received in within a week. I was so very happy that she was able to find my necklace and send it to me right away. Most people would have seen that and probably kept it for themselves. I appreciate her honesty and was so happy to receive it not damaged.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your review!

I am very happy to hear that you were reunited with your necklace! Mandy will be very glad to hear she was mentioned in your review. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your return.

Dixon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Bed was very comfortable. We were on the 4th floor and could not hear any traffic or the nearby train. They are going eco-friendly so you choose how often you want the sheets to be washed. Nicely decorated.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our Inn. I am glad to hear you had a rest filled night and enjoyed our updated rooms. We'll see you the next time your travels bring you to the Marana, Az area.

Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I've been delaying this review because I was having some issues regarding the hotel and Expedia in getting the credit for unused nights that I was told I would be getting when I checked out. But that has now been resolved to my satisfaction after a series of emails. There wasn't really anything wrong with the hotel and we checked out early not so much because of the hotel as changed plans. The woman who checked us in was very pleasant and helpful, the one who checked us out was less so. There was a train that went by frequently but that didn't really bother me much. Personally I wouldn't stay there again, but it was less expensive than most places, though that may be partly because no breakfast was included. You could get a 10% discount at the Denny's which was an easy walk away. If you're only looking for an inexpensive place to stay that is relatively clean and don't need many amenities, you'd probably be satisfied.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our property. I am glad you received your refund for checking out early. When you book on our brand website we are able to assist you directly rather than referring you to the third party site. We look forward to your return and once again thank you for your comments.

I0244@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Tucson North? Share your experiences!