“nice and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Dixon, Illinois
“nice and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Bed was very comfortable. We were on the 4th floor and could not hear any traffic or the nearby train. They are going eco-friendly so you choose how often you want the sheets to be washed. Nicely decorated.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our Inn. I am glad to hear you had a rest filled night and enjoyed our updated rooms. We'll see you the next time your travels bring you to the Marana, Az area.

Dan Slattery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I've been delaying this review because I was having some issues regarding the hotel and Expedia in getting the credit for unused nights that I was told I would be getting when I checked out. But that has now been resolved to my satisfaction after a series of emails. There wasn't really anything wrong with the hotel and we checked out early not so much because of the hotel as changed plans. The woman who checked us in was very pleasant and helpful, the one who checked us out was less so. There was a train that went by frequently but that didn't really bother me much. Personally I wouldn't stay there again, but it was less expensive than most places, though that may be partly because no breakfast was included. You could get a 10% discount at the Denny's which was an easy walk away. If you're only looking for an inexpensive place to stay that is relatively clean and don't need many amenities, you'd probably be satisfied.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our property. I am glad you received your refund for checking out early. When you book on our brand website we are able to assist you directly rather than referring you to the third party site. We look forward to your return and once again thank you for your comments.

I0244@redroof.com
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I don't know about most people but in this day and age its hard to find good customer service, Red Roof Inn Tucon north is the exception to the rule. They continue to provide excellent customer service a great value for my hard earned money. I continue to stay with them due to their outstanding service especially Thea who always greets me with a smile and a laugh or two. This day an age it feels good to be appreciated and well taken care of. Keep up the goodd work and see you soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Robert,

Thank you for your comments! We are very glad to have you as one of our regular guests. Thea will be glad to hear you mentioned her in your review. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof at the end of May through the first week of June. We booked the motel because it was pet friendly (we have a bichon frise) and had no problems at all. We had to extend our stay because we had moved here from Wisconsin and our furniture was taking its time getting to Tucson. The room was comfortable and clean and worked just fine for our purpose. We were at our new home during the day and only spent our nights there - no complaints. Would stay there again if the need arises.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad to hear you found our Inn clean and comfortable during your stay. We would enjoy having you and your Bichon back anytime! Don't forget to sign up for our Redicard program so you can earn points for complimentary stays!

Troy, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our room has a nice handicapped bathroom, but the room lacks some simple things like a microwave and mini fridge. Room service has been a bit erratic. My biggest problem is with the Internet service. It stinks! The company contracting for WiFi with Red Roof should be fired. In spite of all this, the staff has been very friendly and helpful and offered the microwave in the conference room and their own refrigerator

Room Tip: I rated the value based on the ridiculous overcharging that every motel in Tucson does during the F...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Inn. I am glad you found the room and staff nice at our property. I am sorry the internet service is not up to your standards. We are in process of getting an upgrade in the future to allow for the changing needs of our guests.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

i0244@redroof.com
Harwich, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I find that we're almost always in very close agreement with the consensus opinion on TripAdvisor.... if a hotel has gotten mostly very good reviews, we can be just about certain that we'll be favorably impressed. Well, maybe it was just our room (No. 327) -- and yes, the fact that we had to pay nearly double the normal rate for it didn't help -- but this is one case in which we felt the majority opinion on TripAdvisor was WAY off the mark.

The problem with the rate was that we, unknowingly, chose to stay in Tuscon during the time that the mineral and gem show is in progress. Even a couple of weeks in advance of our stay, vacancies in Tuscon were extremely scarce; all of the hotels that still had vacancies (including this one) were charging about double their normal rates, and so a single queen room at the Red Roof Inn North for $95 was the best deal I could find. I'm not thrilled about having to spend extra for a room because there's a major event in town that I have no interest in but I understand the laws of supply and demand, so I when I saw that the place had received very positive reviews here, I made a reservation.

The thing is, the room would not have been a very good value at a rate of $50, let alone almost double that.

The bathroom fixtures looked as if they hadn't been cleaned in ages.... I think they actually HAD been cleaned prior to our stay, but the porcelain was so worn and stained (as in old) that they just looked that way. The bottom of the toilet bowl was covered with dirty brown splotches, and there was a very noticeable ring around the bathtub. The tub, by the way, didn't drain well at all, and quickly filled up with water when taking a shower.

The furniture was so worn that the areas along the front of the dresser that should have looked like wood grain were instead a dull gray. The cover on the heating/AC unit was cracked and hanging off the unit at an angle. The sliding window didn't close properly, and let in both noise and cold air. There were several soiled or damaged areas on the walls of the room. There was a hole from a cigarette burn in my blanket.

I will say that the mattresses were comfortable, and the rug looked fairly new. Although it looked awful, the heating/AC unit did work well. In addition, the staff was very helpful and friendly: They promptly delivered an iron, ironing board, and hair dryer to our room upon request, and helped us solve a problem we were having with the TV.

In summary, then, there was nothing SO bad about the room that we felt we had to ask for another one. If we'd been paying the normal rate, I think we might have just said to ourselves "well, you get what you pay for". However, it was really hard to swallow paying $95 for that room, even given the circumstances. Again, we had a good impression of the staff and management, so I hope they will seriously consider some major renovations.... based on our experience, they're LONG overdue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. We were recently renovated in the summer of 2012 with all new beds, linens, curtains, and carpet. We also have new flat screen televisions in all rooms.

I am glad to hear you had a good impression of the staff, we work very hard to provide exceptional service to our guests. We look forward to your return and a better experience next visit.

(520) 744-8199
Healdsburg, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We waited half an hour while an overwhelmed clerk dealt with one other customer. We then got stuck in the elevator (after it took ten minutes to arrive.) Since we had luggage, and there was no room available on the first floor, our better judgement suggested that we leave, lest we get stuck again. --which we did. We found comparable, but cheaper, hotels more convenient to downtown. (They did refund our deposit, though.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Tucson North Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Daniel Slattery
(520) 744-8199

Been to Red Roof Inn Tucson North? Share your experiences!