“We must have hit a bad day. Overwhelmed checkin staff, tempermental elevator.We left.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana

You added Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4940 W Ina Rd, Tucson, AZ 85743   |
Ranked #62 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Healdsburg, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We waited half an hour while an overwhelmed clerk dealt with one other customer. We then got stuck in the elevator (after it took ten minutes to arrive.) Since we had luggage, and there was no room available on the first floor, our better judgement suggested that we leave, lest we get stuck again. --which we did. We found comparable, but cheaper, hotels more convenient to downtown. (They did refund our deposit, though.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Tucson North Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

(520) 744-8199

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Per dollar spent, this is probably the best place I've ever stayed--but I think It may also be the least expensive place I've stayed in recent years...

It's in a great location for a visit to Saguaro National Park on my way back to Phoenix, and the hotel is in pretty good shape: nice decor, clear effort into upkeep, and a solid place to stay for a night.

If it weren't so cheap, I would quibble about the (ridiculously) limited TV channels or the lack of ice on my floor of the hotel or the somewhat creepy desk clerk. But economy comes at its own price: if you need a decent room and a splash of style, this is your place.

• Stayed January 2013
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. Our goal is to provide exceptional service and a great value for our guests and we are glad you found our Inn to be a great value. We are very sorry we do not have all the television channels you would like to have during a hotel stay. If you have a moment, please let us know what channels you would have like to see at our Inn. Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return!

i0244@redroof.com
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have been commuting from Phoenix for work since the last week in November, 2012. Every week since, I have stayed at the RedRoof inn and I have been thoroughly impressed with Graham. He is always pleasant and helpful. Alyssa is also always very helpful. These two make me feel welcome and are attentive to making sure it is comfortable for all the guests. I have come to visit with others that stay there multiple days and they too appreciate the way we are treated. It is somewhat unpleasant having to live in a hotel, but I have come to really feel "at-home" when I get back there for my work-week. Highly recommended

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of our property! We are very happy to hear the staff provided above and beyond service during your stay. Also thank you for mentioning several staff members by name, they will be recognized for their efforts. We look forward to your next visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I decided to come down to Tucson to celebrate New Years with all my college friends. I decided to stay at the Red Roof Inn North because of its great value and being close to the freeway.

When I first arrived, I was greeted by Mandy and Graham and they were extremely helpful and accommodating! I originally booked a double but found the bed to be a bit small for my taste, add the fact i didnt need two beds when i was alone, so i asked them if it was possible for me to upgrade my room and they were completely willing to help me out. i ended up stsying in the premium king room and I was so pleased! I've never slept in such a huge comfy bed in my life!

I felt completely safe, which is huge since I am a female staying alone.

Other notes, they have free coffee in the lounge and they don't have free breakfast but you get a 10% discount at Denny's, so that was kind of awesome because I love deals ^_^

Overall, I had a great experience and the next time I find myself in Tucson, ill definitely be staying there again. =]

• Stayed December 2012
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that the Front Desk staff took great care of you upon arrival at the Hotel. We take great pride in providing the very best service in the area. We look forward to your return visit when your travels bring you back to southern Arizona!

Helsinki
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed three nights at premium kingbed room. The room was tidy and in general value for the price we paid. But even if we got a room on the west side of the building, there was a railway crossing near by and all trains did whistle before the crossing day and night. Also our fridge was broken and freezed our drinks and fruits. We asked the staff to get it fixed after one coke cand explosed into fridge, but they only cleaned it without fixing the problem. We had also constantly problems with WiFi, because the connection got lost several times in hour.

Anyways a bed was good and TV was flat screen and new. Due to price level we were not complete disapointed to the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on west side of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, January 2, 2013

We will continue to work very hard in the New Year to provide the best service possible to our valued guest.

Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our first few days (of 8 nights) were fine. No problems at all, except when the elevator door decided to close as I was exiting just after it opened. I have a nice bruise on my arm from that! The room had some cobwebs in the corners, but that's not awful. Then, on day 3, the toilet overflowed. Called the front desk and the maintenance guy showed up with a very short plunger. It was broken... they only have one??? I had turned off the water to the toilet, so it wouldn't flood too much. He thanked me for that, cleared the blockage, and then had to leave to get some towels to clean up the water. He returned shortly, cleaned it up, and took all the towels with him. The carpet outside the bathroom was soaked, as was the carpet on the other side of the wall, by the bed. When the maid came, she took the wet pillow (it had been tossed of the bed during the night), but had not replaced it. Oh well. We could deal with that. Day 4 the elevator wasn't working (we're on the 3rd floor). Ugh. But it was fixed by the evening. Carpet still wet. Day 5 we used up all the coffee and tea in the room in the morning. Also, emptied the toilet paper just before leaving. There was no extra roll. When we returned in the evening, the tea and coffee and "condiments" were not replaced. The toilet paper was back in stock. Cobwebs still in place. I went to the desk to get some tea and coffee, and had to use the stairs as the elevator was once again not functioning. There were a few people requesting different rooms. Not sure why. We have 2 more nights here. Hoping the rest of the stay is ok. Will definitely let the front desk staff know of our disappointment in the housekeeping.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I stay in Tucson on business twice a week. Every time with out fail,Thea has my room key ready with my wake up call. I don't have to ask. I am always made to feel welcome,right when I walk in the door.Keep up the great work Thea

Craig C

• Stayed December 2012
Craig,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We truly enjoy having you as a weekly guest at the property and your home away from home. Thea will be very happy to be mentioned in your review I am glad she takes very good care of you.

We will see you next week!

i0244@redroof.com