“Mixed thoughts” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Buffalo, New York
“Mixed thoughts”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our first few days (of 8 nights) were fine. No problems at all, except when the elevator door decided to close as I was exiting just after it opened. I have a nice bruise on my arm from that! The room had some cobwebs in the corners, but that's not awful. Then, on day 3, the toilet overflowed. Called the front desk and the maintenance guy showed up with a very short plunger. It was broken... they only have one??? I had turned off the water to the toilet, so it wouldn't flood too much. He thanked me for that, cleared the blockage, and then had to leave to get some towels to clean up the water. He returned shortly, cleaned it up, and took all the towels with him. The carpet outside the bathroom was soaked, as was the carpet on the other side of the wall, by the bed. When the maid came, she took the wet pillow (it had been tossed of the bed during the night), but had not replaced it. Oh well. We could deal with that. Day 4 the elevator wasn't working (we're on the 3rd floor). Ugh. But it was fixed by the evening. Carpet still wet. Day 5 we used up all the coffee and tea in the room in the morning. Also, emptied the toilet paper just before leaving. There was no extra roll. When we returned in the evening, the tea and coffee and "condiments" were not replaced. The toilet paper was back in stock. Cobwebs still in place. I went to the desk to get some tea and coffee, and had to use the stairs as the elevator was once again not functioning. There were a few people requesting different rooms. Not sure why. We have 2 more nights here. Hoping the rest of the stay is ok. Will definitely let the front desk staff know of our disappointment in the housekeeping.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Tucson North Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

We will continue to work very hard in the New Year to provide the best service possible to our valued guest.

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I stay in Tucson on business twice a week. Every time with out fail,Thea has my room key ready with my wake up call. I don't have to ask. I am always made to feel welcome,right when I walk in the door.Keep up the great work Thea

Craig C

Craig,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We truly enjoy having you as a weekly guest at the property and your home away from home. Thea will be very happy to be mentioned in your review I am glad she takes very good care of you.

We will see you next week!

i0244@redroof.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised while passing through Tucson. Great stay for the price, the staff are friendly. The beds are brand new!! The location was perfect. Very animal friendly and free wifi is certainly a plus.

This location is definitely an A+

• Stayed December 2012
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our beds are new and guests are really raving about them! We always welcome one well behaved pet without a fee or deposit... I am glad you like our policy. We look forward to your return the next time your travels bring you to the Tucson area.

I0244@redroof.com
Hawkins, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

After a long day of driving my 82 yr. old mother and I found a coupon in a travel magazine for several local motels in Tuscan. After disapointed stops at others we stopped in Red Roof Tuscan North. The night employee, Kevin, was very pleasant and helpful. We got our much needed rest in a clean room at a very resonable rate. As a smoker i made several trips outside at which each time I felt very safe under the attentive watch of night-employee, Kevin.
Although no breakfast is served there was plenty of free coffee in the lobby, vending, free ice machine and a laundry room.
Thanks RED ROOF INN!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for mentioning Kevin in your review of our property... often the folks that work overnight do not get recognized.

We look forward to your return the next time you are in the Marana, AZ area!

Casa Grande
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

As a female traveler feeling safe is a priority and this hotel delivers. Daniel makes a great cinnamon chocolate mocha made my day will be back next year one again for the holidays.

Ps the front desk folks are super friendly and helpful if you need anything

• Stayed December 2012
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am very glad you feel safe at our property and you find the staff friendly and helpful.

We look forward to seeing you back next year!

Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stay at red roof two days every other week. When i walk in the door its like being home. Thea the desk clerk always remembers my name and usually has my paperwork done by the time I set my bag down.I love service like this. Everyone there is freindly and professional. Gary Y

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review and thank you for being a loyal weekly guest of our property. Thea does a great job of recognizing repeat guests and what their individual preferences are.. thank you for recognizing her in the review she will be very pleased.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

i stay at the red roof inn, tucson twice a week. i love how friendly the staff members are and would like to commend them for this. i feel at home while staying at your hotel and would like to mention that the desk clerk graham for always having positive things to say as well as being very professional.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our Inn! I am glad to hear you found the staff very friendly at our hotel. We make it a priority to make our guests feel welcome and we truly want guests to return the next time they are in the area. Thank you again for being a loyal weekly guest and we'll see you next week!

i0244@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Tucson North? Share your experiences!