“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Mesa, Arizona
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Coming down I-10 ahead of a few days of training at Ft. Huachuca, I decided to stay a couple nights in Tucson to see some old friends from high school. Red Roof was one of the first hotels to turn off for, and I've had good experiences with this chain in the past. The rate was great, and the staff was friendly and quick to get me setup in my room. Room was cool and clean, and overall had zero issues. Will definitely stay here next time!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Casa Grande
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011 via mobile

Had a very pleasant stay. Rooms were very well kept, and the pool was inviting. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful with directions to shopping, entertainment, and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2011
Florence, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I usually do not stay at Red Roofs. However . . . I have stayed here on two occasions and have not encountered the problems I see in some reviews. I have found this hotel to be quiet, clean and have a friendly staff. The only things I have noticed (during a three night stay), the internet was slow and the TV reception was kind of fuzzy with lines across the screen.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Fayetteville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

My father and I stayed here for a week visiting nearby family. The room was disgusting. When we first walked in the smell of urine was overpowering (Our family came a few days later and said the same thing). The floor looked as if it had never been vacuumed. The shower curtain was too short and water went everywhere. I cleaned it up every time and that showed how nasty the bathroom floor was as well. The tub was dirty. The one chair in the room had stains all over the seat cushion. My sister and I went to the pool one day, once was all it took. The pool was dirty. Yes I know the wind blows and leaves fall in but there was dirt, hair, all kinds of things that could be filtered out. Our light above the bathroom flickered. We went to the front desk where the girl didn't even notice us because she was texting. No one ever fixed it, so my dad took it out and laid it on the sink for the cleaning lady. 2 days later, still on the sink, he took it to them. They handed him a new bulb for him to fix it himself. The air conditioner knobs didn't work properly because there was some liquid spilled on it and no one had bothered to clean it. At one point a staff member asked "You guys still hanging around?" Trust me buddy, not because we wanted to. Upon leaving my dad and I did one last walk through to make sure we did not forget any of our belongings. I looked under the bed. BIG MISTAKE. There was trash from who knows under there. It apparently had been there a while. Do not waste your money here. For the price I did not expect a 5 star hotel, but for Heaven's sake, you can do better than this!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Tucson North. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. We are working very hard to improve in all areas and I think you will be pleasantly surprised upon your return. Once again, thank you for your comments. Without feedback from our guests, we would not be able to improve our service.
tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Thea was very polite and helpful in arranging my accomodations.

Room Tip: Ask Thea
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

It is basic accommodations, but with a staff that does not match. I've been staying in the hotel for a couple days each week for most of 2011, so I've gotten to know it well. Even though the rooms are fairly old, they are comfortable and clean, the king rooms include a refrigerator and microwave, which is a bonus for 2 or 3 night stays. The thing that really stands out though is the staff, two come to mind Ashley and Thea have both been not only courteous and professional, but friendly too.

Room Tip: free king room upgrade with redicard membership
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

One of the dirtiest hotels I have ever been in and one of the noisiest. We were given the room closest to the railroad crossing and right next to the highway. This must have been the "cheap customer" special room. Their website pictures refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms, we were told that we had to pay $7 a night extra to get one of those rooms.
Our room had trash under the bed, the carpet seemed like it had never been cleaned, the air conditioning unit had previously leaked and the paint was cracked and peeling, the elevator did not work one evening and we had to walk up several floors with our things, and there was only one bath towel in our room. When we asked for more towels, they were deposited in a large clear garbage bag at our door. There is no breakfast, which is probably a good thing judging from the cleanliness of the hotel.
The penultimate- each time we entered and left the hotel, the cleaning staff was sitting on the curb in the parking lot smoking cigarettes and watching the customers. I guess that was their job.
When I mentioned this treatment via the online survey, I received an email promising 20% off my next stay if I kept the email until the next time I was in Tucson and then emailed it back to someone at the hotel (?). No thanks, my family's health is worth more than $10. Spend the extra dollar or two and go to either the Comfort Inn or the Travelodge next door.

Room Tip: skip this one and go to the hotels next door
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Tucson North? Share your experiences!