“Falling apart” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Falling apart”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times for long stays and have watched this TownePlace go from nice to falling apart with holes in the walls, paint falling off the walls and 20 year old carpet. I am amazed that it still is a Marriott family hotel. All other TownePlace's that I stay in are modern, updated and maintained to Marriott standards.

• Stayed January 2013
Nicholle B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I wanted to again apologize for your experience at our hotel here in Tucson and to thank you again for your feedback on needed improvements. We are taking the steps necessary to ensure this does not happen again.

We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and are striving to uplift our property’s image. While we make every attempt to ensure that our hotel meets every guests’ standards we apologize that this was not the case for you and your family. We will be going through a major renovation project this summer which will include updates to the hallways, theme, beds, rooms, and public areas. I invite you to try us out the next time you are in Tucson and see for yourself the changes and progress we are making. As one of Marriott’s most loyal guests, we value your insights.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

we stayed at town place suite marriot at Rudsil Road Tuscon for 5 nights to attend a family member's memorial . eventhough the hotel was a limited service but we stay was very enjoyable. the suite was very clean and comfortable, continental breakfast was a complete meal, the front desk clerk were allways smiling and kind, the maintenance crew were busy keeping the greens & pool very clean.
one of the maintenence man even helped us with the lugges to the room, fix the room if any repair needed, houskeepers delivered extra twols with smiles.the suite was furnished with a full size frige, oven , stove and coffe maker , microwave and two tv sets.
the hotel was located surrounded by banks, restaurants, shops and Malls, this made our stay very comfortable.i am sure that the leadership of the hotel played a great deal on the success of the hotels daily operation. the constant attention to detail and consistancey surpassed our expectation.
the final bill was sent electronicly as qouted , nothig exra

Room Tip: this suite is perfect for a family of four and the price wich includes breakfast, makes it very affo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

When I checked in it was very late. The guy who was working behind the counter was so helpful in fact went out of his way to get a folder of things to do while in the area. It is alittle out of the way hotel (at least the directions my GPS gave me), but I like that. It wasnt loud, or by super busy streets so sleep was great! We had a very nice room and if traveling that way again I would stay with no hesitation! Breakfast was included, it was a nice spread.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Woodbury, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for a week with my parents and husband for a week. Overall, this was an adequate space (doable but not above expectation) for us as we were gone from morning to night and just utilized the space for sleeping. The room was clean and met our needs.

A few things to note:
The 2nd bedroom was small, didn't provide much space for 2 adults, and lacked a tv (we usually fall asleep to one). Also, keep in mind that the 2 bedroom suite only has 1 bathroom so we had to plan ahead to share the space. For four adults, some may view it as close quarters and would be more suitable for 2 adults with children. We loved having the living room and kitchen area which provided us with more space and the ability to eat in the room. In general, a much better option than a standard 2 bed hotel room.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We had a few maintanence issues (ice maker and tv didn't work on day 1) and they were promptly fixed.

The breakfast was basic and consisted mostly of carbs - bread, waffles, cereal. Eggs or some meat would be a great addition to the options. Plus, it would have been nice to have a larger space as there was never a seat no matter what time I went (early and late) but fortunately I had the option to return to my room. My husband loved the cookies served every evening and we both enjoyed the coffee on a daily basis.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would consider staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor in the main building - easy access to breakfast, workout room, and front...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This Towne Place Suites is one of the older locations (I would guess). The Bathrooms & Kitchens are really tired and mildly depressing. It wasn't awful and you get what you pay for I suppose. Also, the cable TV was xfinity, but it seemed slower than my xfinity service at home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Sitting in my room right now listening to the incredibly noisy housekeeping staff yell to each other back and forth down the hall complaining about the poor tips they have received this morning. I was excited when I booked my trip and saw that there was a Towneplace Suites right in the part of town I wanted to be since I have always liked this chain in the past.

The hotel is old and dated, the halls and room smells like a gallon of Febreeze was spilled somewhere. The matress was springy and uncomfortable and the free breakfast was mostly pre-packaged carbs with only waffles and oatmeal for hot options. Housekeeing ignored my "do not disturb" sign and rang the doorbell at 8:15am (yes, there is a very loud doorbell outside each room) and then laughed and scurried off when I yelled out that I was still sleeping.

I spend over 100 nights a year in hotels for work and needless to say, I will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

So I read the reviews and was a bit worried about what I would find, but the hotel was great. Large rooms with a couch and a bed, AND a kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. The bed was comfortable, the hotel was quiet, the pool is smaller than it looks in their photo, but perfectly serviceable. I suppose it is not near downtown, but Tucson is so small, who cares? You're always minutes from anything. Staff was very friendly, helpful. Breakfast was good for an American hotel, but I've gotten spoiled staying at hotels in France.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson-Mall
TownePlace Suites Tucson Williams Centre
BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites
TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport
Comfort Suites at Tucson Mall

Been to TownePlace Suites Tucson? Share your experiences!