“Met our needs but there is room for improvement” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #53 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Met our needs but there is room for improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for a week with my parents and husband for a week. Overall, this was an adequate space (doable but not above expectation) for us as we were gone from morning to night and just utilized the space for sleeping. The room was clean and met our needs.

A few things to note:
The 2nd bedroom was small, didn't provide much space for 2 adults, and lacked a tv (we usually fall asleep to one). Also, keep in mind that the 2 bedroom suite only has 1 bathroom so we had to plan ahead to share the space. For four adults, some may view it as close quarters and would be more suitable for 2 adults with children. We loved having the living room and kitchen area which provided us with more space and the ability to eat in the room. In general, a much better option than a standard 2 bed hotel room.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We had a few maintanence issues (ice maker and tv didn't work on day 1) and they were promptly fixed.

The breakfast was basic and consisted mostly of carbs - bread, waffles, cereal. Eggs or some meat would be a great addition to the options. Plus, it would have been nice to have a larger space as there was never a seat no matter what time I went (early and late) but fortunately I had the option to return to my room. My husband loved the cookies served every evening and we both enjoyed the coffee on a daily basis.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would consider staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor in the main building - easy access to breakfast, workout room, and front...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This Towne Place Suites is one of the older locations (I would guess). The Bathrooms & Kitchens are really tired and mildly depressing. It wasn't awful and you get what you pay for I suppose. Also, the cable TV was xfinity, but it seemed slower than my xfinity service at home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Sitting in my room right now listening to the incredibly noisy housekeeping staff yell to each other back and forth down the hall complaining about the poor tips they have received this morning. I was excited when I booked my trip and saw that there was a Towneplace Suites right in the part of town I wanted to be since I have always liked this chain in the past.

The hotel is old and dated, the halls and room smells like a gallon of Febreeze was spilled somewhere. The matress was springy and uncomfortable and the free breakfast was mostly pre-packaged carbs with only waffles and oatmeal for hot options. Housekeeing ignored my "do not disturb" sign and rang the doorbell at 8:15am (yes, there is a very loud doorbell outside each room) and then laughed and scurried off when I yelled out that I was still sleeping.

I spend over 100 nights a year in hotels for work and needless to say, I will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

So I read the reviews and was a bit worried about what I would find, but the hotel was great. Large rooms with a couch and a bed, AND a kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. The bed was comfortable, the hotel was quiet, the pool is smaller than it looks in their photo, but perfectly serviceable. I suppose it is not near downtown, but Tucson is so small, who cares? You're always minutes from anything. Staff was very friendly, helpful. Breakfast was good for an American hotel, but I've gotten spoiled staying at hotels in France.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Served my purpose for my two night stay but nothing to write home about. It looks like it's a pretty old property that's been renovated but still looks a bit tired and worn. The rooms are on the small side and they HAVE to do something about the old-style God awful fluorescent lighting that adorns the rooms and corridors. It gives everything a creepy, hospital/sanitarium feel. I couldn't stop wondering if any women had been stabbed to death in the shower at this property by a man dressed like his mother.
The most cheerful part of the property is the tiny pool area.

Let's see, what else?
The free wi-fi suffered from a low signal and was painfully slow, so not much help if you're here on business.

While I normally DETEST the complimentary breakfast (unless it's the buffet breakfast at The Kea Lani in Maui) this place lowered the bar for complimentary breakfast: juice, coffee, selection of cereals, yogurt and waffles (and maybe some bread). Not even the "yellow powder plus hot water equals scrambled eggs" offering. Pretty poor.

This place is not for me. If all you want is a roof over your head and a clean bed, you'll be fine. If you want anything more though, you're probably best to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here a lot. The rooms are outdated and need to be caught up with the current level of hotels of this type. They finally update the TV'S nice The wireless is weak at it best. The staff doesn't seem to pay attention to the customer schedule. I would come back from work at 2 to find they just started cleaning the room. And it takes a while for the nasty air freshener to disapate.

• Stayed June 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel was centrally located to what I wanted to do in Tucson. The mall was just down the street and there were many restaurants nearby. The front desk has a handy map of the area sights and were very helpful. We were able to check in early. It looked like they just had a remodel and carpet and furnishings looked very new and up to date. The room was well equiped. We were 2 adults and a child and we had plenty of space. There was a full kitchen including a dishwasher and full fridge. Perfect for a longer stay. The bed was great and the sofa bed was also comfortable. There were many nice pillows and adequate linens including towels. The breakfast had almost everything. Alas, I miss the cream cheese danish you used to always see at the buffet breakfast everywhere. I guess this is a move to make it more healthy. I suppose everyone is doing it. But there were still muffins, 6 kinds of cereal, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, make-your-own waffle, yogurt, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, stale bagels - my only problem here.
There was a nice pool that we also enjoyed on our stay.

Room Tip: There seemed to be a lot of noise from the corridor, next time I would pick a top floor room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Tucson? Share your experiences!