“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel was centrally located to what I wanted to do in Tucson. The mall was just down the street and there were many restaurants nearby. The front desk has a handy map of the area sights and were very helpful. We were able to check in early. It looked like they just had a remodel and carpet and furnishings looked very new and up to date. The room was well equiped. We were 2 adults and a child and we had plenty of space. There was a full kitchen including a dishwasher and full fridge. Perfect for a longer stay. The bed was great and the sofa bed was also comfortable. There were many nice pillows and adequate linens including towels. The breakfast had almost everything. Alas, I miss the cream cheese danish you used to always see at the buffet breakfast everywhere. I guess this is a move to make it more healthy. I suppose everyone is doing it. But there were still muffins, 6 kinds of cereal, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, make-your-own waffle, yogurt, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, stale bagels - my only problem here.
There was a nice pool that we also enjoyed on our stay.

Room Tip: There seemed to be a lot of noise from the corridor, next time I would pick a top floor room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Towne Place Suites was ok. I was there for 8 days for the Gem Show show. The breakfast was adequete. The room was nicely set up with a queen bed , living room area, and kitchen with full oven. The carpet was dirty as it made my white socks dirty. I wanted to use the laundry facilities one day and one of the dryers or washers was always broken. Finally I got an open washer and when I needed a dryer I could not get one. I finally had to remove the other people's clothes and put them on the counter so I could use a dryer. The hotel management should be monitoring this. People were leaving their clothes in there for hours after they were dry. The elevator was pretty fast and the hallways looked clean. I could hear kids running up and down the hallways in the early morning. The bed was comfortable enough but somewhat hard. I had to really check the dishes before I used them as there was food on a fork and plate that I had to clean before using. I guess the maidstaff does not do a great job cleaning the dishes. The air conditioner did not always work when I wanted it to. I had to turn it off for a while for it to "recover" before it would work again, if it would work at all. Very temperamental!The one girl at the front desk that was short with long dark hair and of mexican descent seemed like she hated her job. Never once did she crack a smile or greet me. When I asked a question, she seemed put out and very short. Never did she offer any further information. There is a shelf above the toilet in the bathrooms and I placed some toiletries up there. Apparently the maid knocked everything off one day and I found things on the floor behind the toilet and one of my expensive makeup brushes must have fallen in the wastebasket and she threw it away without checking to see what may have fallen in there. That was dissapointing! The printer in the lobby was " out of order" the whole time I was there. I had pre-arranged for a late checkout of 1:00pm being that I am a Marriott reward member and they were calling my room asking me when I was leaving at 12:45. As soon as I took some things to the car, they stopped usage of my room key so I could not get back into the room to ckeck it. This was before I had even checked out of the hotel and prior to 1:00! I was not very happy with my stay here. For a Marriott I expected better.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Towne Suites in north Tucson was very clean and the staff very friendly. I was only there one night for a baseball tournament with my son and everything was perfect. I would surely go back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Below are my ratings for this hotel on a scale of 1-5: Avoid the "breakfast"

Hotel Location 4
Average 4.36

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
ww13
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed in this hotel, in their accessible room, with a roll in shower, while in Tucson, house hunting. The desk staff was courteous, friendly and helpful. Our room was well designed with room for a wheelchair to maneuver and a bathroom that was safe and functional for someone with a disability. We had arranged one night in a different hotel, for our last night in town, but it was not accessible after all. TownePlace Suites put us into another of their accessible rooms, one with a tub, for our last night. That room was also well designed, attractive and had good quality materials used to make the bathroom safe. They were quick to accommodate us on short notice and were very understanding about our circumstances. We have found the same to be true in other TownePlace Suites, in other states. It's nice to find a reliable hotel chain that knows how to meet the needs of someone with a disability and who goes beyond just what is necessary!

Room Tip: If you need a roll in shower, room 103 was great. If you can use a tub, room 305 worked well.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

My sister and I stayed here for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom suite. The beds were comfortable and rooms very clean. The kitchen was a little on the small side but we were grateful to be able to cook for ourselves. The staff was very friendly and the free breakfast in the morning was a great bonus. I loved the boiled eggs but would have liked to have had some bread/toast available, not just the english muffins they served every day. The main problem we had was our room was next to a stairwell, and my sister was woken up every night by people running up and down the stairs. It really sounded like a herd of elephants! Besides that, we enjoyed our stay and will definitely consider staying here again next time we return to Tucson.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

This hotel has everything you need for a "utilitarian" stay. We were in Tucson twice tending to family matters, and this hotel was in a good location for hospital and downtown needs. There is a full kitchen and free wi-fi. Both times we stayed, the room was very clean. The queen bed was OK (not very firm). We did not go down for breakfast-- only coffee. Overall, the TownePlace Suites was fine... we will be back in a few weeks and plan to stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Tucson? Share your experiences!