“This hotel was a delightful surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #63 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Alabama
“This hotel was a delightful surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

I'll admit, I chose this hotel because it was right across the street from my business meeting. However, it was probably the nicest suite that I've had in the last two plus years of extensive travel. I booked a room and upgraded for nearly nothing to a very large, immaculate suite. My comfy kingsized bed had crisp white sheets and lots of pillows. I had a fridge and microwave, two large flatscreen TVs, a wonderful work area with free internet (wireless and ethernet). Everything was in tip-top condition.

The onsite restaurant had terrific food - we ate there for breakfast and lunch for three days and never repeated a meal. There was a lovely pool and hot tub in the courtyard, with two firepits nearby.

I was amazed, too, that there were events each night that had entertainment and lots of people and I feared we would be disturbed by the noise. No problem! Once i went in my courtyard room and closed the door, I didn't know anything was in progress.

Staff was friendly and efficient. There was some construction in the lobby, but it was very unobtrusive. I didn't use the Business Center but it looked very large and well equipped. I will definitely stay here when I come back to Tucson.

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Fort Collins, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

I travel quite extensively on business and this hotel was a rare find that exceeded my expectations in every aspect. A staff that was friendly, attentive and efficient - fresh prickly pear drink offered to us upon arrival . Great rooms that were recently renovated and spot on with the things that matter - comfortable bed, wireless, flat screen HD TVs, nicely appointed, plenty of room. The restaurant and bar on site are outstanding - local flavors emphasized with poolside dining avaialble - don't miss the Tortilla Soup!. Jazz band around the pool on Tuesday nights. Nice pool, casual seating all around the pool and fire pit. Great looking lobby with deck of computers and printers available to guests - Starbucks on site. Not a huge exercise area but high end Life Fitness treadmills. Clean lines - nice vibe in every way. You will not be dissapointed!

Boston Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

We stayed here in April 2009 and had a wonderful time. We stayed for free with Starwood points, and got upgraded to a suite for only $15/night, which was wonderful! The rooms was spacious (as it was a suite). The location was fine; we did have to drive to most everything, but I don't think that is uncommon for that part of the country. Our family's favorite part was the outdoor pool and fire pits. We hung out there most nights; it was absolutely delightful. We all can't wait to go again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Oakland, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

The rooms were good value and were tidy. The staff were attentive when I had internet problems, and when I left something at the parking lot they took care of it and returned the items to my room! The pool didn't open at time advertised and the cleaner was still cleaning 1hr after it's opening. But overall it was a pleasant stay and no negative surprises.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

The suites were spacious and met all of our needs. I thought the bed was just the right firmness and I got a good night's rest. "No backaches" For a very short drive we found a great restaraunt to satisfy whatever ethnic craving we had for dinner each night. The staff was super accommodating - If we needed anything !!! They delivered within minutes.
I missed the local "Jazz Band" that had played on our previous stay. I hope that the local talents such as the Jazz returns. It breaks up the dinner hour and is very entertaining and relaxing. The business area with computers, desk space and lounge chairs is awesome and I always found access to a computer. I would like to see an incentive for the dining and coffee bar. Such as buy one get one. I know the motel is going through renovations, and I will continue to patronize this motel as long as my pricing and accommodations don't change when I book in a newly renovated room. Loyalty goes both ways. Kudo's to Montie Slavin and her associates for going the extra mile to make everything just right. Business travel takes a lot a coordinating, and her assistance was appreciated. Happy travels everyone. Relax and enjoy every day like it was your last. It all small stuff. Regards... J&K

suzyrugrat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

We used our SPG points to book a room for 5 days and we're able to upgrade to a suite and 2 free drinks for $25.00!. We loved it so much we booked an extra night and were able to stay in the same room. The pool and jacuzzi were open 24 hours and was just beautiful! The kids had so much fun, it was really nice to take a swim after sightseeing in Tucson in the heat, and I relax by the pool early in the morning with a good book. This hotel is centrally located in Tucson and you can get arown town pretty quickly. Restaurants, shopping and attractions are nearby. It was nice having the fridge in the room so we could save money on eating out for every meal. The Cactus Juice Lemonade is refreshing. Fastest check-in ever!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Tucson, AZ>
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

While this is not the best Sheraton we have stayed in., it was comfortable and the
service was good. I would recommend this Sheraton to all my friends and relatives.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!