“Great hotel- scary hallways” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #64 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Edmonds, WA
“Great hotel- scary hallways”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here alone on a trip to visit my brother I stayed two nights.
The hotel complex has a few wings and it was a little confusing. figuring out where I was.
the room was excellent. it was quiet and the bed was great. It had a fridge and a microwave and complimentary bottled water. there was a great bar/restaurant onsite. the food was good and the staff was friendly.
When I arrived at 7PM in April it was still light outside, however the hotel hallways and corridors on the first floor are outside and the lights had not come on. they were very dark and creepy. there are multiple entrances into the hotel and you have to use your room key to get in, but it did not make me feel any more comfortable. they were dark enough that when I got to my room after dinner I did not go out of my room again.
the second night they had live music in the pool area. I stayed long enough that the lights in the halls came on. so that was better.
I would consider staying again. I would request a room closer to the main entrance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Margaret R, General Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. There is always room for improvement feedback, such as yours, helps us improve on our service or accommodations. We are glad you enjoyed some of the services we offer such as the microwave, bottled water, live music and our food. Due to your feedback, we will be adjusting the time our indoor lights come on in the evening. Thank you and we hope to see you again.

377 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Customer service was top notch. Everyone was very friendly during our two-night stay. Eager to please. Was disappointed to get a room on the opposite corner of the lobby/pool area, especially when they had so many rooms available. And with the parking lot view. But I guess that's to be expected when you book via Priceline (we were given a choice of 4th floor or ground floor). Unlike other reviews I read, there was never any noise or sirens due to the proximity to the hospital. Beds were very comfortable. Room was clean. We were in 437. Since we had the top floor there was no noise from above either. I don't particularly care how big or small bathrooms are (I'm a man), but what did annoy me was the faucet being set back far from the sink and so the water dropped only an inch from the back of the sink, which always made washing hands awkward. A small thing, but that's all that I didn't like. Security gates surround the property but we found one to be without the locking mechanism in place when we came back to the hotel one night. Elevator was usually very fast, which was nice. Jacuzzi was large and always heated properly (hot but not too hot) and the pool was certainly heated enough. Jacuzzi constantly changes colors at night. Nice area in lobby to get coffee and snacks, or small breakfast or lunch. Table with large checkerboard and checkers. WiFi was excellent, never had a problem. I used it at the pool once (iPad) and in my room each day which as stated, was at far end of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Margaret R, General Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
We are happy your enjoyed your stay and the services we offer such as the microwave in the room, restaurant food and music by the pool. Our engineer will be adjusting the time in which the lights come on in the evening, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Best part about my stay here was the coffee in the room. The bathroom is ridiculously small and the walls or windows let in all the noise from the outside. It was a bit dirty, the carpet, chairs and couches were stained with dirt and the beds were not comfortable at all. The only redeeming quality to this hotel was the pool, hot tub and restaurant with fire pits. It was a nice to get away from the room. I did however like that our beds had white bedding... so I know they are clean! Our phone in the room didn't work and the tv was fuzzing and blurry. I am obviously going to be more unhappy about the hotel because my car was hit in the parking lot over night and the hotel staff was less than helpful in offering to check cameras to find out what happened so I will have to take away 1 star for that. Obviously they can't control the car that hit me but the parking lot is filled with cameras, the least they could do was look into it for me considering whoever hit my car was staying at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Margaret R, General Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We appreciate you letting us know about all of the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Please accept our apologies for all of the inconveniences to include the dirty carpet, upholstery, telephone and television, in addition to the less than helpful staff. This is not the typical service and accommodations we provide, we stride to make sure all of our guests as satisfied and we fell short of our goal. I have met with all of our team members to review your comments and take appropriate action to ensure this does not happen in the future. Please let us know if we can be of service to you in the future, we welcome the opportunity to ensure your next visit is a great one.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Last time I was in Tucson I stayed at the Viscount and it didn't go as expected. Therefore, the Sheraton sounded great. It has a great location (I like the fact that is Lmost in the middle between east and north tucson). The staff is great, the rooms are spacious. The only thing I didn't like was that the bathroom was clean but the drainage system was clogged. The water in the sink and shower would not go immediately. That is one of the things that I am sure the housekeeping staff notice and don't take action!

• Stayed April 2013
Margaret R, General Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We are very glad you chose to stay with us recently and that you were pleased with our location and room size. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with the drainage in your room. I will follow up with our housekeeping department to ensure this is checked during the cleaning process. Our guest feedback is important to us in order to improve on our service or accommodations.

We hope to see you again soon.
Bay Area, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is in a rather sketchy neighborhood - at least it looked that way as we drove in on Grant Road. We stayed here when visiting the University, which was pretty easy to get to via Speedway or Broadway, but about a 20-25 minute drive. The room was very clean and comfortable, what I'd expect from a Sheraton, but you really couldn't eat or shop in the immediate area. One thing I thought was nice was the open bar poolside with comfortable seating and fire pits. I also appreciated the open business center so I could easily print my boarding pass.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our poolside bar with firepits. It is a nice and relaxing area for our guests. We are glad your room was clean and comfortable for you as well.

We hope to see you again and please do not hesitate to ask a member of our front desk for nearby restaurants and shopping. There are several restaurants and shopping areas within minutes of the hotel.
Lake Stevens, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked a room for my parents 53rd wedding anniversary. They checked in and said the room was great, a suite!! had dinner at a steakhouse and that was good. The staff was nice.
I called and talked with CeeCee,(the manager) about having something sent to their room and she went above and beyond!! and didnt charge me. Now that is customer service!! Thank you for making their anniversary so nice!! I hope to stay at your hotel next time I am in Arizona.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
It is great your parents enjoyed their stay for their 53rd wedding anniversary! I am so glad that Ceci made it a memorable experience for you and your parents. I will be certain to pass along your comments to her, I'm sure she will be thrilled.

We look forward to accommodating you, again, in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We booked a room here for 2 nights through Hotwire and got it at 90 dollars per night . It definitely has it sets of pros and cons . The checkin was prompt and the lady was really sweet.The rooms are of a nice size you will not feel boxed in . They have Starbucks coffee in the room and the shower has amazing pressure . It is pretty close to Pima air and space museum, so that worked out well. Also u can park ur car depending on which wing ur room is in so u don't need to walk too much . We went on work and it was close to where we had to go but other than that there is nothing much to do in that neighborhood . Not too many choices of nice-ish restaurants close by .
Our room was on the first floor so we could hear people walking by all night and dragging their suitcases .. I'm sure someone else heard us dragging our suitcases too when we checked in.. Thats why we carried it out !! Maybe they could put in better windows .. Soundproof ? The flat sheet was noisy .. Yes I said Noisy .. I'm not a light sleeper but every time I turned I could hear the sheet .. So no sleep for 2 nights !
Decent sized pool .. Ok breakfast .. Overall an average stay .. No sleep makes me cranky !

• Stayed March 2013
Margaret R, General Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We are happy you were pleased with the check-in experience, the room size, the Starbucks coffee and the shower pressure in your room. I apologize it was noisy on the first floor and you were not able to get a good nights sleep. We realize getting a good night's sleep is very important.

We would like the opportunity to accommodate you in the future. Our hotel has 4 floors and would be happy to accommodate this request to ensure a good night's sleep. I would also like to mention that our front desk staff is very knowledgeable on the area and would be able to recommend several nice restaurants nearby.

We hope to see you, again, soon.

Been to Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!