“Convenient UA Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Tucson University

You added Aloft Tucson University to your Saves list
Aloft Tucson University
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 East Speedway, Tucson, AZ 85719 (Formerly Four Points Tucson University Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #36 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
San Diego, California
“Convenient UA Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Conveniently located near the University of Arizona, this more modern hotel offers spacious and clean accommodations along with free wifi.

On the bottom floor, there's a small pool, bar and lounge area, and a self-serve "mini-mart" type of snack area.

It is located on a busy intersection so it may have a bit of traffic noise, but it's not too bad.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have never stayed at an Aloft so I did not know what to expect. I loved it! The shower was gigantic! I'm tall so I did not have bend down. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the big windows. The parking garage was convenient and the elevator dropped you right off on your floor; I did not have to stop at the lobby and find another elevator. It was around some fast food restaurants and Miss Saigon was very delicious. They were all within walking distance. The staff at the front desk was very nice and helpful. I even joined the SPG reward program because of the great experience at this hotel.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Chandler, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Location is next to campus. Rooms are nice and beds are comfortable. Spacious walk-in shower. Good happy hour and food was decent. Underground parking. Small gym but nice. I would recommend this location and will stay here again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you are visiting University of Arizona this hotel is a great place to be. Nick Scott made the check in process a real pleasure. It is always great to have a genuine warmth of welcome, but beyond that he also went the extra mile to ensure that we were happy. He welcomed us with a huge smile and an energetic willingness to please. Within just a few minutes he not only dealt with all our queries but went beyond his call of duty to meet all our needs with warmth and hospitality making us feel totally at home instantly. Not only will we endeavour to revisit very soon but will have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to family and friends. Nick was the face of the Hotel and is the reason we would come back to Tucson and to the Aloft. He is a true credit to his employers and we wish him huge success in his career.

Stayed April 2015
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just had a quick business trip to Tucson and was looking for a convenient and affordable hotel near the university. The entrance and check in was super easy and very modern. It was literally half the price of the Marriott on the other end of campus and just as nice in my opinion. I would reccomend and use this hotel for sure.

Libertyville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travel quite a bit now and in the past as a former flight attendant so I know a great hotel when I find one...
Aloft Hotel is located perfectly for a college visit or to sight see. There is plenty of transportation nearby and the campus, restaurants & trolley stop are all within a short walking distance. The rooms are clean, comfortable and updated. The bar serves good food and the concession area well-equipped and reasonably priced.
Here is the BEST part... The staff is absolutely wonderful! Lucas was our group's favorite and especially mine. I accidently left my jacket in a cab along with my car/home keys in the pocket. I did not realize this until I was on the plane headed home to Chicago! Lucas tracked my jacket down & had it sent to me within days! It seemed as if we had depended a lot on Lucas during our short stay and he never let us down! Lucas went over and beyond to assist us as we were on a college visit and were clueless about the area and points of interest. Thank you Lucas and the Aloft Hotel staff, we will enthusiastically recommend your hotel at any chance possible.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Germantown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed recently at the Aloft in Asheville, and it was a lot better in every way than this one. The Tucson Aloft is right next to the university campus. But they had a bunch of fairly spacey young people running the joint. Cleanliness was not a priority apparently, as it appeared that the lobby had not been cleaned up from the Friday night partying from the night before. There were food remnants on the rugs and on the chairs... and the furniture in the lobby was worn out and moderately soiled. The pool in Asheville is awesome-- a rooftop pool with a view. The pool here is rather unpleasant, like an afterthought, not inviting. Anyway, the location is convenient, but overall-- 3 stars. I hate to be critical in reviews, but these guys could do better.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Aloft Tucson University? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Aloft Tucson University

Address: 1900 East Speedway, Tucson, AZ 85719 (Formerly Four Points Tucson University Plaza)
Location: United States > Arizona > Tucson
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#31 Romantic Hotel in Tucson
#33 Business Hotel in Tucson
#37 Family Hotel in Tucson
Hotel Class:3 star — Aloft Tucson University 3*
Opening April 2013, Aloft Tucson University is located right next to the University of Arizona campus and the University of Arizona Medical Center. If you're looking for things to do in Tucson the new Aloft Tucson University hotel is located right next to great shopping, dining and entertainment.Closed for renovation until 2013. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Aloft Tucson University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Four Points Tucson University Plaza Hotel Tucson
4 Points Tucson University Plaza
Sheraton Tucson University Plaza
Tucson Four Points

If you own or manage Aloft Tucson University, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.