“Worth it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Tucson University

You added Aloft Tucson University to your Saves list
Aloft Tucson University
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 East Speedway, Tucson, AZ 85719 (Formerly Four Points Tucson University Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #35 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
“Worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Needed to find a place to take my girlfriend for her birthday, and this was by far the best decision! I haven't slept that great in a long time. Great experience for myself and my girlfriend. We are from tucson and to find a place this amazing in tucson was a great thing. Also for the price I couldn't have been more satisfied with my stay! Defiantly will be returning! The staff was amazing and very respectful.Thank you aloft for an amazing experience! And thank you for helping me make my girlfriends birthday memory she'll never forget!

Stayed August 2014
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Gabriel E

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for your review of the Aloft Tucson University. I am really glad you decided to choose to stay with us and even more glad that your girlfriend had a great birthday!!! Reading feedback like that really makes my day. I will be sure to share with the staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you on your birthday!! Also, since you live in the Tucson area, please stop by our Wxyz bar anytime. There is always live music or something fun going on.

Kind regards,

Phil Forte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Midland, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The room and hotel was nice enough but definitely nowhere near what it was hyped up to be. I love Tucson or I would be quite a bit more annoyed. For the price of the room, I will certainly stay somewhere else next time. My main complaint is the extra $50 hold that they place on your credit card WITHOUT telling you. They just sneak it on there. It's been 10 days and the hold is still there. I've contacted customer service twice and have been lied to and given the "run around". They blame my bank and my bank blames them. I despise immoral business practices but if you don't mind them and you're ok with an ok hotel for an ok rate then this is the place for you. Otherwise, I do not recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask about hidden charges!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Cody S

I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced during your recent stay. The $50 incidental authorization is not a charge, but rather just a hold in case you have any charges posted to your room. You should have been informed. Our desk agents let every guest know why they are taking the authorization. Again, I apologize if it was not explained to you. If it is not used it always releases in roughly 24 hours. Please call me at the hotel if you are still experiencing problems with the hold and I will assist you.

520-908-6800
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This place was very nice and at a great rate. Has the industrial/loft theme going on and it's a really good look. Has a nice little bar by the lobby with a great big lounge with a pool table. Barringer and the front desk person were extremely nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and modern. You definitely won't regret staying here.

• Stayed July 2014
Brandonolynick

Thank you for such a great review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay. I hope that if you are back in the Tucson area you will choose to stay at the Aloft again. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Oakland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The Aloft provided a modern, cool and trendy atmosphere in central Tucson. This a few steps down from a W, but the concept is there. I agree that the rooms on the back are probably more peaceful since the hotel is right on Speedway which is a major boulevard.

Overall, I enjoyed my 3 night stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Rjmonares

I just wanted to take a minute and thank you for such a positive review on your recent stay at the Aloft Tucson University. There are definitely many elements of the Aloft that are similiar to a W. It's really an outstanding brand and in a perfect place. Thank you again for taking the time to recognize your stay.

Best,

Cupertino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Aloft was one of the meet hotels contracted by USA Swimming. I called really early to book a room as I was told that it was the one hotel that was closes to the meet (University of Arizona) and actually can walk there. I contacted the hotel couple of weeks before the meet and wanted to know if we can book the lobby area to have our team dinner. I was connected to Chris Montgomery, Sales Manager. He was very helpful and suggested that the hotel will also provide the food (pizza) at their WXYZ Lounge. Throughout the process of confirming head count and cost of the per person, Chris was very responsive and met me on site at the date of my check in to go over the plan. The team had a very relaxing team dinner and I am grateful to Chris help!

My daughter and I loved the hotel and thought its contemporary design fun and different. The front desk was always very helpful! The room's design was also very fun and unique. I love the bathroom without the tub. There is also a underground parking garage and it is perfect for July in Tucson where it was 104 during our stay.

We hope not to have to come back to Tucson in July, but if we had to, Aloft would definitely be my first choice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
T L

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response on the Aloft Tucson University. I'm very pleased that you and your daughter had such a good time. It was so great having the Diving Zone group here. They brought such great energy and the pizza party was a big hit with the staff too. It was the first time we did a pizza partyand I have a feeling there will be more to come. I'll definitely recognize Chris with your feedback.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Previous reviews: on-target. Both elevators had to be fixed during my 2 nite visit. Avoid the Speedway-side: noisy! Backside rooms: much quieter. Felt very safe as a female traveling alone. Friendly, helpful college students at front desk. Quick breakfast food available--great for early campus events. Loud, young, vibe in lobby area with pool tables, bar. Located just at the edge of UofA campus, it was convenient for walking the campus--& I was in a boot. Snack foods available in lobby. Will return.

Room Tip: Avoid the Speedway-side rooms; can be loud.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
CheeryCheryl

Thank you for taking the time to write your response. I appreciate your feedback. We definitely work to find that balance of hip and fun with comfort and relaxing. I hope you will stay with us again when you return to Tucson...

Columbia, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

If you are looking for another type of business hotel, this is it. Funky lobby, friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Great location near the University of Arizona and eating and drinking places. Worth the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Marc V

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to respond with such a great review. I appreciate your feedback and I hope that you will stay at the Aloft Tucson University again on your next trip back to the area....Thanks again.

Phil Forte

Been to Aloft Tucson University? Share your experiences!