“Convenient to UofA Campus, hip-vibe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Tucson University

Save Saved
You added Aloft Tucson University to your Saves list
Aloft Tucson University
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 East Speedway, Tucson, AZ 85719 (Formerly Four Points Tucson University Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #36 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Nashville, Tennessee
“Convenient to UofA Campus, hip-vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Previous reviews: on-target. Both elevators had to be fixed during my 2 nite visit. Avoid the Speedway-side: noisy! Backside rooms: much quieter. Felt very safe as a female traveling alone. Friendly, helpful college students at front desk. Quick breakfast food available--great for early campus events. Loud, young, vibe in lobby area with pool tables, bar. Located just at the edge of UofA campus, it was convenient for walking the campus--& I was in a boot. Snack foods available in lobby. Will return.

Room Tip: Avoid the Speedway-side rooms; can be loud.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
CheeryCheryl

Thank you for taking the time to write your response. I appreciate your feedback. We definitely work to find that balance of hip and fun with comfort and relaxing. I hope you will stay with us again when you return to Tucson...

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Columbia, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

If you are looking for another type of business hotel, this is it. Funky lobby, friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Great location near the University of Arizona and eating and drinking places. Worth the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Marc V

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to respond with such a great review. I appreciate your feedback and I hope that you will stay at the Aloft Tucson University again on your next trip back to the area....Thanks again.

Stoney Creek, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

After a disappointing stay at another hotel in Tucson, we decided to check out the Aloft Tucson University. Having never stay at an Aloft Hotel before, we didn't know what to expect but were just thrilled with our stay. I checked it out on line to see what the rates were and was quoted $139 per night on a discount website, but after our first experience, I wanted to visit the hotel before committing on line. I went in and found the atmosphere very youthful, trendy and fun and decided to book in for a night. The kind staff member at the reception said he would do better because I was honest about the online quote and gave us a king room for $99, which was a steal. We checked into our room that had the feel of an upscale dorm, in a very good way. The room had a huge double glass shower with a separate sink area, which is always nice. I like a bath option also so if I was to go again I would ask for a room with that feature, but for a night or two it was fine. The bed was comfortable, the room temperature just right, and the gym was amazing...I could watch T.V. right on my treadmill. The gym had more equipment options that the average hotel which pleased me and most of the guests seemed to utilize the gym, which is more rare, but was very good to see. Saying that, I didn't have to wait or any piece of equipment I wanted to use, there was plenty. I will seek out an Aloft hotel in the next city where we vacation!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Julia B

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough and outstanding review. I appreciate you mentioning our Gym---at the Aloft we call it Re-charge and it really is a great space to get in a good workout or just stretch out and re-energize. I hope you will stay with us again when you are back in the Tucson area.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was a nice hotel. It is very modern but also kind of like the 70's. In walking distance to main gate and 4th ave. However, it was fairly noisy at night. I would suggest either bringing a relaxing sound scape to listen to or keep the air down far enough so that it continuously runs to drown out the sound.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
NicoleRosenthal

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write an evaluation regarding your recent stay at the Aloft Tucson University and providing us your feedback. I'm sorry you had an issue with noise. I hope if you are back in Tucson you will try us again and I can ensure you we will do everything possible to make your stay an outstanding one.

Philip Forte
South Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel has several advantages if you are planning to visit the University of Arizona at Tucson - it is close to the University and has free parking. Rooms are relatively large and quiet. However, there were no drawers in our room (very weird design) and the shower leaked/sprayed to cover the floor with water every time we used it. Service in the bar was extraordinarily slow (on a slow night took 40 minutes to get a snack and a drink) and the breakfasts were awful (in terms of choice and taste).

Green Features: good policies and procedures for environmentally-friendly practices (conservation of water, towels/linens, etc.)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
MRI-Sleep

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback on your recent stay. I apologize that it was not an outstanding one, which is our goal at the Aloft Tucson University. I will address the issues your surfaced regarding the bar and breakfast. That level of service is not acceptable in this hotel. If you are in the area, please give us another try. I can assure you that your stay will be a better experience.

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Checked into this funky (in a good way) hotel at an all purpose reception desk which also served as the order point for meals. The hotel is central to the University of Arizona and appeared to support a convoy of parents seeing their children off to their University tour. The bar is also central to "reception" and was always busy. The bar also served food which we partook of at Happy Hours. Prices were very reasonable. There was a small pool and spa on a deck at the back of the hotel. Parking was free and accessible being at street level and underground.

The hotel itself is situated to the center of the city. Although we didn't walk, we could have but it was hot. There were lots of fast food joints a short walk away as well as several restaurants, pharmacy gas station etc. Everything we needed for our short stay.

The rooms were accessed using a smart card which worked every time I used it which is unusual for me. We had a two window view of the main street (Speedway Boulevard) but traffic noise was surprisingly low from our upper level room. The room was very functional and suggested a Japanese influence with sliding doors, glass doors for the bathroom and shower, a chair at a desk built into the wall with a computer hookup and a very comfortable King bed.

We were on a quick two day trip and this hotel was perfect for our needs. We were gone early, came back for Happy Hour and went to sleep. Perfect for us!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mikey 2349

I just wanted to thank you for your recent review of the Aloft Tucson University....I liked your line funky, but in a good way!! Thanks again for taking the time. Your feedback is very much appreciated....

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Just wanted to show my appreciation for the attentive, helpful staff at this hotel. Even after messing them around with extending my stay and even checking back in/out after going out of town one weekend - nothing was any trouble for the guys and girls at front desk.

Special thanks to Ashlee (hope Ive spelled that correctly) who was particularly helpful.

Cheers guys!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Philip F, General Manager at Aloft Tucson University, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Good afternoon Nick L

Thank you for your recent posting on the Aloft Tucson University. I'm glad we could assist you as your plans changed. It's our goal to always be as flexible and accomodating as we can be to ensure that your stay is an outstanding one. I'll definitely pass on the positive feedback to Ashley.

Phil Forte

Been to Aloft Tucson University? Share your experiences!